Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Sign in using an external account

Old Nov 10, 11, 1:44 pm   #16

Just confirmed with AA, SFO-LAX-ORD return qualifies for the offer.
lox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 11, 10:02 am   #17
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneTree View Post
That sucks, I just finished a ORD-LAX-SFO-ORD flight this week and have another one next week.
If you booked them more than a couple weeks ago, then they also wouldn't qualify for that reason anyway. (Only flights booked since the DEQ11 promo started qualify.)

So an ORD-LAX-SFO-LAX-ORD booked two months ago wouldn't qualify either.
sdsearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 11, 12:32 pm   #18

Programs: AA EXP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
If you booked them more than a couple weeks ago, then they also wouldn't qualify for that reason anyway. (Only flights booked since the DEQ11 promo started qualify.)

So an ORD-LAX-SFO-LAX-ORD booked two months ago wouldn't qualify either.
They were booked after I registered for the promotion. I wasn't aware there was some debate on whether the return trip had to be a mirror of the incoming flights.
LoneTree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 11, 12:34 pm   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by lox24 View Post
Just confirmed with AA, SFO-LAX-ORD return qualifies for the offer.
What did they say exactly? Did it sound like they actually knew, or were just making it up like some CSRs tend to do?
Old Nov 12, 11, 9:32 am   #20
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneTree View Post
What did they say exactly? Did it sound like they actually knew, or were just making it up like some CSRs tend to do?
This is a thread about the MRs possible with this promo.

There's a much bigger and more thorough thread about the promo itself in the AA froum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...a-members.html

Your question (and all the questions about the promo being asked here) has been asked and answered there many times already. I thik there are even repostings of emails from AA CS in there. (Plus lots of background from previous similar AA promos which had similar policies even though similarly incomplete official T&Cs published.)

THe basic jist is xxx-LAX-ORD-zzz qqq-ORD-LAX-yyy qualifies. The flight has to be booked as a round-tirp, but it can be an open-jaw round trip (ie, xxx and yyy can be different, and zzz and qqq can be diffrent), but it must include the same doubling-qualifying flight in both directions, and only one pair of matching qualifying flights will earn double. Ie, you must match LAX-ORD with ORD-LAX, or SFO-ORD with ORD-SFO, or LAX-DFW with DFW-LAX, or SFO-DFW with DFW-LAX, but you can add airports at either end.
Old Nov 12, 11, 9:37 am   #21

Programs: AA GLD
It looks like prices went back up. I hope they drop again after the weekend ... as I am trying to arrange a personal trip and getting the info has been too slow to let me take advantage this time around.
ossipago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 11, 1:13 pm   #22

Quote:
This is a thread about the MRs possible with this promo.

There's a much bigger and more thorough thread about the promo itself in the AA froum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...a-members.html

Your question (and all the questions about the promo being asked here) has been asked and answered there many times already. I thik there are even repostings of emails from AA CS in there. (Plus lots of background from previous similar AA promos which had similar policies even though similarly incomplete official T&Cs published.)

THe basic jist is xxx-LAX-ORD-zzz qqq-ORD-LAX-yyy qualifies. The flight has to be booked as a round-tirp, but it can be an open-jaw round trip (ie, xxx and yyy can be different, and zzz and qqq can be diffrent), but it must include the same doubling-qualifying flight in both directions, and only one pair of matching qualifying flights will earn double. Ie, you must match LAX-ORD with ORD-LAX, or SFO-ORD with ORD-SFO, or LAX-DFW with DFW-LAX, or SFO-DFW with DFW-LAX, but you can add airports at either end.
I know what the consensus is, I was just asking what this CSR said exactly. If what he said is true, then I shouldn't have to worry about my ORD-LAX-SFO with a SFO-ORD return. Based on what you just said it sounds like I shouldn't worry either.

I won't post any other questions in this thread.

Last edited by LoneTree; Nov 12, 11 at 1:48 pm. Reason: Clarification
Old Nov 12, 11, 2:41 pm   #23

Programs: AA PLT 1MM
I noticed that you have to be resident in those specific states.

*Offer only applies to AAdvantage members with an address on file with AAdvantage Marketing Programs in California, Illinois or Texas*

Can I change my address to one of those states and be qualified?
arods3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 11, 9:56 pm   #24

Programs: Ralphs Rewards, KCRW Angel, AA EXP
Quote:
... but it must include the same doubling-qualifying flight in both directions
This is not true in my experience - I've flown LAX-DFW-XXX-MIA-LAX, obtaining DEQM for the LAX-DFW segment.
Science Goy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 11, 10:38 pm   #25

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
The last time they run this promotion, we flew LAX-DFW-ORD-LAX. We got the DEQM for the first leg LAX-DFW automatically. But the return ORD-LAX didn't post. I called to inquire and they post DEQM for me, but for my wife , NO. I've been through with 2 different call agents and 1 online message agent back and fort with no progress at all. They claimed we didn't complete a round trip and threatened to take back the DEQM from the first leg. The problem is she needs those DEQM to qualify for her gold status, as of now she has 23,661 EQM.
Peter_Ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 11, 10:27 am   #26

Programs: AA nothing (working my way back to GLD); National Emerald
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Ng View Post
The last time they run this promotion, we flew LAX-DFW-ORD-LAX. We got the DEQM for the first leg LAX-DFW automatically. But the return ORD-LAX didn't post. I called to inquire and they post DEQM for me, but for my wife , NO. I've been through with 2 different call agents and 1 online message agent back and fort with no progress at all. They claimed we didn't complete a round trip and threatened to take back the DEQM from the first leg. The problem is she needs those DEQM to qualify for her gold status, as of now she has 23,661 EQM.
It's hit or miss with AADV CSR..that's why the advice on this board is always about being conservative and booking an actual roundtrip itinerary to qualify for DEQM.
Hotel_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 11, 12:55 pm   #27
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Science Goy View Post
This is not true in my experience - I've flown LAX-DFW-XXX-MIA-LAX, obtaining DEQM for the LAX-DFW segment.
Yes, but per the T&Cs you shouldn't have. Mistakes are made, and in this case to your benefit. But not everyone gets that mistake to their benefit every time, and if you don't, since it's mistake, you can't elevate it. So YMMV.

I wouldn't recommend therefore booking an MR based on mistakes like this. If you a have legitimate need to connect at different cities for a trip you're making as a non-MR, then you can take your chances. But I don't see the point of risking a pure MR (done for the purpose of collecting DEQ11 EQMs on eligible legs) on a routing which should not count, even if it sometimes might count.
Old Nov 13, 11, 1:07 pm   #28
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossipago View Post
It looks like prices went back up. I hope they drop again after the weekend ... as I am trying to arrange a personal trip and getting the info has been too slow to let me take advantage this time around.
No, they won't drop again right after this weekend. They won't change again until at least after Nov 21, because that's when the VX sale (that AA always matches) ends:

http://www.virginamerica.com/flights/airfare-deals.html

Every time in recent weeks that AA has changed the price (up or down) on LAX-ORD or LAX-DFW, it's been in reaction (and copying) the VX sale fares posted at the site I linked above. The only reason it changed twice a week at AA in the recent past is because that's how short the VX sales were in the recent past. But the VX sale that started a couple days ago is much longer (a week and a half).

But they only went up from $99 one-way to $109 one-way the other day. So ifi it's actually ORD you want to go, and you're not sure if the cheap fare bucket will still be there on your intended dates after Nov 21, you might want to book anyhow.

For those who aren't set on ORD, just on MRing to somewhere where DEQ11 works, it looks to me like SAT is more bang for the buck, as it's only $79 one-way (via DFW) from LAX now:

AA: LAX-DFW-SAT RT $200.80 ai 5940 mi w/DEQ11 & status, thru Feb 2012

But unlike the DFW and ORD sales (which are matches to VX sales), I don't know what the reason for the LAX-SAT sale is, so I have no idea how soon it might disappear.
Old Nov 13, 11, 4:42 pm   #29

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Quote:
For those who aren't set on ORD, just on MRing to somewhere where DEQ11 works, it looks to me like SAT is more bang for the buck, as it's only $79 one-way (via DFW) from LAX now:

But unlike the DFW and ORD sales (which are matches to VX sales), I don't know what the reason for the LAX-SAT sale is, so I have no idea how soon it might disappear.
R/T SAT-LAX with DEQ11 does look like a good deal. Coming from DFW, anyone have any experience with whether any segments of something like this would kick out for any reason:

R/T 1 - DFW -> LAX
-- nested with:
-- R/T 2 LAX -> DFW -> SAT
-- R/T 2 SAT -> DFW -> LAX
R/T 1 - LAX -> DFW
pindento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 11, 5:36 pm   #30

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold
Quote:

Looks like 3.38 cpm so ORD is still better, no?
pongben is offline   Reply With Quote