Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

To preempt the pleas...an early reminder of Yoda's wisdom

Old Oct 19, 2011, 4:24 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"

It's not yet December but it soon will be. FT will experience the annual deluge of trolls - or worse, real posters - howling "I'm 116 EQM/(MQM) short and it's Dec 31 and there's nothing available today except BWI-EWR/(SAV-ATL) on the hated RJ in full Y for $3,550. Will Jeff take mercy on me? O no, what do I do?"

Could this be you? Well, if you want to defend your status, you should listen to the FT gurus.

Yoda said to the grasshoppers:

"Far the quest for status is. For NRT buckle up you should and take it. Do it now."
Old Oct 19, 2011, 4:35 pm

Programs: AA Executive PLatinum CO Platinum DL Gold Hyatt Diamond Hilton no more :)
Sage advice

with dec 8 cut-offs and the thanksgiving rush, we're really talking 5 weeks of prime rib left
Old Oct 20, 2011, 11:02 am

Programs: UA - 1k, Hilton - Diamond, Hertz - 5 Star Gold
Originally Posted by giggy
with dec 8 cut-offs and the thanksgiving rush, we're really talking 5 weeks of prime rib left
What do you mean Dec 8th cut offs?
Old Oct 20, 2011, 11:08 am

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Diamond, LH SEN, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by thach1ef
What do you mean Dec 8th cut offs?
Many cheap fares expire during the 1st and 2nd week of December and won't return until after Christmas. Don't expect $200 RT transcons in the last 2 weeks of the year.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 11:28 am

Programs: UA - 1k, Hilton - Diamond, Hertz - 5 Star Gold
Originally Posted by BryanIAH
Many cheap fares expire during the 1st and 2nd week of December and won't return until after Christmas. Don't expect $200 RT transcons in the last 2 weeks of the year.
Ah alright thanks. Was concerned he was talking about something else.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Perhaps you meant to resurrect the End of Year Status Run Help Consolidated Request Thread.

At least that way, people would know from the title what you were on about.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 11:53 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Perhaps you meant to resurrect the End of Year Status Run Help Consolidated Request Thread.

At least that way, people would know from the title what you were on about.
No, it wasn't that thread. I've seen this same discussion has erupt every year on FT since I joined (03) and no doubt it was the same a decade before that. It makes me laugh when these guys plead for Jeff's favor (either S. or R.) on Dec 31st.

As for the thread title, better that it would contain reference to what is :-: best in class :-: but I can't get the stars to appear in the title.

Did you know that for some time Jeff R. stated that DL SM was :-: best in class :-: in Sky magazine, on billboards at LAX T5 checkin and in other media including on DL.COM? Since DL SM is the inverse of this

The sheer brass neck of Jeff and his cohort must be admired, indeed, but the public embarrassment of having 635k SM demand screenshots posted while trumpeting LOW awards and SM value was too rich. Do you remember that one? PHL-FCO redemption, not all of which was in J. Now Jeff probably wants 785k SM for the same ticket.

The evidence is circumstantial, perhaps, but the timeline suggests that ironic repetition of this phrase became embarrassing to the Stalinist cult and they quietly withdrew the claim. This is one of the few occasions when FT has prevailed against the Borg. This is why there's such jouissance to be found. Almost as much as upgrading into BE on misfiled AF W fares and then receiving tens of thousands of SM for non-working AVOD. Mwahahaha!

As you know, people are rarely in doubt about what I'm saying....except in the most recent posting that was moved to DL. For some reason, people think I'm being ironic in that one. But it's great that Jeff is giving it to the gamers, my DL stock has tanked and I need recovery soon. I want to unload it.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 11:51 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
As I lounge in the luxury knowing that 1K is waiting in my PEK-YYZ-DCA return after Turkey Day [albeit in steerage on AC - ouch] -- oh to have worries fade away......
Old Oct 22, 2011, 11:59 am

Programs: AA Executive PLatinum CO Platinum DL Gold Hyatt Diamond Hilton no more :)
Originally Posted by thegrailer
As I lounge in the luxury knowing that 1K is waiting in my PEK-YYZ-DCA return after Turkey Day [albeit in steerage on AC - ouch] -- oh to have worries fade away......
yeah, now you can worry about how many W fares you will have to buy before you get a swu to clear, jeffs new plan
Old Oct 24, 2011, 2:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Originally Posted by redtailshark
It's not yet December but it soon will be. FT will experience the annual deluge of trolls - or worse, real posters - howling "I'm 116 EQM/(MQM) short and it's Dec 31 and there's nothing available today except BWI-EWR/(SAV-ATL) on the hated RJ in full Y for $3,550. Will Jeff take mercy on me? O no, what do I do?"

Could this be you? Well, if you want to defend your status, you should listen to the FT gurus.

Yoda said to the grasshoppers:

"Far the quest for status is. For NRT buckle up you should and take it. Do it now."
I need 35K miles to requal as a PLT. Should I hope AA takes mercy on me?
Old Oct 24, 2011, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite
You and me both Gamecock. I did the DFW-STL, STL-DFW-NRT-DFW-STL, STL-DFW for 33k EQM in a hail mary fashion last thanksgiving. I am 30k short right now and need the same hail mary, or I need to just relegate myself to PLT for a year.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 4:16 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Diamond, LH SEN, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by atxtraveler
You and me both Gamecock. I did the DFW-STL, STL-DFW-NRT-DFW-STL, STL-DFW for 33k EQM in a hail mary fashion last thanksgiving. I am 30k short right now and need the same hail mary, or I need to just relegate myself to PLT for a year.
I haven't seen many AA deals lately!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.