Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 19, 11, 4:24 pm   #1
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Posts: 3,386
To preempt the pleas...an early reminder of Yoda's wisdom

It's not yet December but it soon will be. FT will experience the annual deluge of trolls - or worse, real posters - howling "I'm 116 EQM/(MQM) short and it's Dec 31 and there's nothing available today except BWI-EWR/(SAV-ATL) on the hated RJ in full Y for $3,550. Will Jeff take mercy on me? O no, what do I do?"

Could this be you? Well, if you want to defend your status, you should listen to the FT gurus.

Yoda said to the grasshoppers:

"Far the quest for status is. For NRT buckle up you should and take it. Do it now."
redtailshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 11, 4:35 pm   #2
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: SEA
Programs: AA Executive PLatinum CO Platinum DL Gold Hyatt Diamond Hilton no more :)
Posts: 1,954
Sage advice

with dec 8 cut-offs and the thanksgiving rush, we're really talking 5 weeks of prime rib left
giggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 11, 11:02 am   #3
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Programs: UA - 1k, Hilton - Diamond, Hertz - 5 Star Gold
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by giggy View Post
with dec 8 cut-offs and the thanksgiving rush, we're really talking 5 weeks of prime rib left
What do you mean Dec 8th cut offs?
thach1ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 11, 11:08 am   #4
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: IAH/PHL
Programs: COdbaUA 1K, AA EXP, AF/KL Platinum, SK Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Accor Platinum, Hilton Gold, CC Gold
Posts: 2,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by thach1ef View Post
What do you mean Dec 8th cut offs?
Many cheap fares expire during the 1st and 2nd week of December and won't return until after Christmas. Don't expect $200 RT transcons in the last 2 weeks of the year.
BryanIAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 11, 11:28 am   #5
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Programs: UA - 1k, Hilton - Diamond, Hertz - 5 Star Gold
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanIAH View Post
Many cheap fares expire during the 1st and 2nd week of December and won't return until after Christmas. Don't expect $200 RT transcons in the last 2 weeks of the year.
Ah alright thanks. Was concerned he was talking about something else.
thach1ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 11, 12:22 pm   #6
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Netherlands
Programs: Gold: A3, BA, EI, EY. Silver: KL, LH
Posts: 11,199
Perhaps you meant to resurrect the End of Year Status Run Help Consolidated Request Thread.

At least that way, people would know from the title what you were on about.
__________________
The plural form of "aircraft" is "aircraft"
irishguy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 11, 11:53 am   #7
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Posts: 3,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishguy28 View Post
Perhaps you meant to resurrect the End of Year Status Run Help Consolidated Request Thread.

At least that way, people would know from the title what you were on about.
No, it wasn't that thread. I've seen this same discussion has erupt every year on FT since I joined (03) and no doubt it was the same a decade before that. It makes me laugh when these guys plead for Jeff's favor (either S. or R.) on Dec 31st.

As for the thread title, better that it would contain reference to what is best in class but I can't get the stars to appear in the title.

Did you know that for some time Jeff R. stated that DL SM was best in class in Sky magazine, on billboards at LAX T5 checkin and in other media including on DL.COM? Since DL SM is the inverse of this

The sheer brass neck of Jeff and his cohort must be admired, indeed, but the public embarrassment of having 635k SM demand screenshots posted while trumpeting LOW awards and SM value was too rich. Do you remember that one? PHL-FCO redemption, not all of which was in J. Now Jeff probably wants 785k SM for the same ticket.

The evidence is circumstantial, perhaps, but the timeline suggests that ironic repetition of this phrase became embarrassing to the Stalinist cult and they quietly withdrew the claim. This is one of the few occasions when FT has prevailed against the Borg. This is why there's such jouissance to be found. Almost as much as upgrading into BE on misfiled AF W fares and then receiving tens of thousands of SM for non-working AVOD. Mwahahaha!

As you know, people are rarely in doubt about what I'm saying....except in the most recent posting that was moved to DL. For some reason, people think I'm being ironic in that one. But it's great that Jeff is giving it to the gamers, my DL stock has tanked and I need recovery soon. I want to unload it.
redtailshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 11, 11:51 am   #8
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: WAS
Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, PC Platinum Ambassador, UA 1K
Posts: 1,115
As I lounge in the luxury knowing that 1K is waiting in my PEK-YYZ-DCA return after Turkey Day [albeit in steerage on AC - ouch] -- oh to have worries fade away......
thegrailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 11, 11:59 am   #9
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: SEA
Programs: AA Executive PLatinum CO Platinum DL Gold Hyatt Diamond Hilton no more :)
Posts: 1,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrailer View Post
As I lounge in the luxury knowing that 1K is waiting in my PEK-YYZ-DCA return after Turkey Day [albeit in steerage on AC - ouch] -- oh to have worries fade away......
yeah, now you can worry about how many W fares you will have to buy before you get a swu to clear, jeffs new plan
giggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 11, 2:22 pm   #10
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Home Airports: CAE/CLT
Programs: SPG Platinum, HH Gold; LQ Gold; National Executive
Posts: 5,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtailshark View Post
It's not yet December but it soon will be. FT will experience the annual deluge of trolls - or worse, real posters - howling "I'm 116 EQM/(MQM) short and it's Dec 31 and there's nothing available today except BWI-EWR/(SAV-ATL) on the hated RJ in full Y for $3,550. Will Jeff take mercy on me? O no, what do I do?"

Could this be you? Well, if you want to defend your status, you should listen to the FT gurus.

Yoda said to the grasshoppers:

"Far the quest for status is. For NRT buckle up you should and take it. Do it now."
I need 35K miles to requal as a PLT. Should I hope AA takes mercy on me?
__________________
My FlightMemory
Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 11, 2:25 pm   #11
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DFW; Allen, TX
Programs: AA EXP/2MM, SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold, National Exec Elite
Posts: 893
You and me both Gamecock. I did the DFW-STL, STL-DFW-NRT-DFW-STL, STL-DFW for 33k EQM in a hail mary fashion last thanksgiving. I am 30k short right now and need the same hail mary, or I need to just relegate myself to PLT for a year.
__________________
Don't worry about tomorrow... its already happened in Australia.
atxtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 11, 4:16 pm   #12
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: IAH/PHL
Programs: COdbaUA 1K, AA EXP, AF/KL Platinum, SK Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Accor Platinum, Hilton Gold, CC Gold
Posts: 2,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxtraveler View Post
You and me both Gamecock. I did the DFW-STL, STL-DFW-NRT-DFW-STL, STL-DFW for 33k EQM in a hail mary fashion last thanksgiving. I am 30k short right now and need the same hail mary, or I need to just relegate myself to PLT for a year.
I haven't seen many AA deals lately!
BryanIAH is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 3:27 am.