Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) DL: DTW-HND &others $579 a/i 4.5cpm

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(FARE GONE) DL: DTW-HND &others $579 a/i 4.5cpm

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2011, 10:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by ryandc99
Do places accept AMEX cards there?
I wouldn't say anywhere near 95% as the poster above said, but many places do take Amex. Any major store or hotel would, but many smaller stores don't take credit cards at all, and those that do are often Visa/MC/JCB only. Best bet is really be ready to pay cash for everything.
Old May 24, 2011, 1:21 pm

is Capital One VentureRewards one of the only credit cards that have no foreign transaction fees? That aside my bank wants $7 per currency conversion. I'm trying to save a little money but everyone charges in the states or charges for ATM withdrawl.
Old May 24, 2011, 1:31 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by fearziz
is Capital One VentureRewards one of the only credit cards that have no foreign transaction fees? That aside my bank wants $7 per currency conversion. I'm trying to save a little money but everyone charges in the states or charges for ATM withdrawl.
The AMEX Platinum charge card does not have any foreign transaction fees either.
Old May 24, 2011, 2:20 pm

Programs: Delta SM, ICH PLAT
Priority Club Visa doesn't charge Forex fee. You also get 60K points after 1st use. If you apply now and get approved, you'll have the card in about a week!

http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/ihg/respathpcr60k

Read this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...-targeted.html
Old May 24, 2011, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by chunky649
Priority Club Visa doesn't charge Forex fee. You also get 60K points after 1st use. If you apply now and get approved, you'll have the card in about a week!

http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/ihg/respathpcr60k

Read this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...-targeted.html
sweet card but i think my chase united mileage plus card will disqualify me from the points unfor.
Old May 24, 2011, 10:39 pm

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
Those of you planning to stay at the JAL City Haneda hotel should check this promo:

http://www.jalhotels.com/ffp/dl/
Old May 25, 2011, 12:36 pm

Programs: DL
Hotel w/ shuttle - Toyoko Inn

I've stayed at a Toyoko Inn in Osaka, thought it was good value. They include breakfast, tea, coffee. There are two near Haneda which apparently have a free shuttles to and from. Since DTW gets in at 2230 I'll stay the night there, head out early in the morning. Early morning flight back, may do the same. about 7900jpy for two people.

http://www.toyoko-inn.com/eng/
Old May 27, 2011, 8:42 pm

Programs: DL, BA
I've seen mention of this in other threads, but didn't see any details reading through each page. Are people meeting up over July 4th weekend as a mini-DO? My MR partner decided to cancel, so I'm by myself. I've actually never been to a DO but would be interested, even if it's just for a meal and drinks. I'm in and out July 2-4th (based on kham's post) -- really just have the 3rd to either kick it or sleep it off in a hotel.
Old May 28, 2011, 12:11 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by mrbrad
I've seen mention of this in other threads, but didn't see any details reading through each page. Are people meeting up over July 4th weekend as a mini-DO? My MR partner decided to cancel, so I'm by myself. I've actually never been to a DO but would be interested, even if it's just for a meal and drinks. I'm in and out July 2-4th (based on kham's post) -- really just have the 3rd to either kick it or sleep it off in a hotel.
Yes, no concrete plans right now but we have an email list going. PM krpjr on here or myself with your email address and any other info you'd like to share.
Old May 28, 2011, 12:34 am

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
If you come to the Japan forum you might even be able to get some locals to show you around. Just a thought.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 8:37 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat (lifetime)
That would be correct. Venture card has no foreign transaction fees
Old Jun 4, 2011, 8:00 am

Programs: DL-PM/SC; UA-1K; HH Diamond
I just read on A-Net that Delta is trying to delay the resart of the DTW service. So if they do, do the reroute everyone through LA or send you to NRT?
Old Jun 4, 2011, 9:51 am

Programs: UA1k, DL
Originally Posted by bartmas777
I just read on A-Net that Delta is trying to delay the resart of the DTW service. So if they do, do the reroute everyone through LA or send you to NRT?
I saw that. To be quite honest, I'd prefer to route via NRT thus would have no issue with DL delaying the start of DTW-HND. If in fact the service gets delayed, I'm hoping to have the option to choose. NRT would be easier...
Old Jun 4, 2011, 10:09 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Yikes! And I'm flying the inaugural June 16th DTW-HND. That's in 12 days, and now it's up in the air. Hmm!
Glad I have procrastinated on getting hotels and domestic Japan flights to FUK.... but kinda sucky in terms of options for rebooking if they are late to cancel these flights.
I was going to get a Japan Railpass but then decided to fly, found some cheap fares using SkyMark Airlines HND-FUK. Now not sure what to do--methinks, procrastinate some more!
Old Jun 4, 2011, 10:44 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Interesting news. I'm outbound on the LAX flight on 6/27 and EF is showing 9 across the classes, seat map is showing a pretty full plane except for EC and the priority seats.
My return is to DTW on 7/11 and EF is showing 9 across all classes but whole rows across the back empty.
If they shut it down -- they might put me on the LAX flight 6 hours earlier and I can save a night in Tokyo? Or the afternoon NRt flights and get home a day later?
Might suggest an oversell and an opup opportunity?
If rebooked to the NRT flight, or even the LAX flight -- request original routing credit to pick up the double miles HND-DTW (6427 base) instead of HND-LAX (5488 base)? Will be a question for me flying from DCA -- looks like DCA-DTW-LAX-HND (for a diamond with the new flight bonus) is 23414 flight miles and 7967 EQMs and DCA-DTW-HND is 23626 flight miles and 6927 EQMs. The extra EQMs make it worth while for me to just accept the rebooking. (My calculations may be off.)

Last edited by mot29; Jun 4, 2011 at 10:55 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.