Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) DL: DTW-HND &others $579 a/i 4.5cpm

(FARE GONE) DL: DTW-HND &others $579 a/i 4.5cpm

Old Jun 21, 2011, 10:56 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by nycflyer75
I haven't been able to find much on the HND lounge. Anything special?
It was very nice. The shower rooms were very refreshing after a long flight and long day in the city. The lounge had plenty of free drinks, and some sushi. Comfortable chairs in a dark room for you to sleep too. Very friendly workers let me leave and come back.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 8:16 am

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Originally Posted by Upperdeck744
I'm on Flt 627 this Thurs. June 23rd from DTW to HND, returning on Flt 636 - HND to LAX on Sun. June 26th. Doing this again Sat. July 2nd on 635 LAX to HND, returning on Mon. July 4th on 636 HND to LAX. All four flights look to be a little more than half full at this time in the back. Still lots of empty seats.

Anyone else traveling these days on same flights?
I'm flying June 23, but through LAX.
I'm returning on June 26 on the same flight. I still haven't booked a hotel.
Did someone mention showering at the lounge and staying there all night? Really? I do have lounge access, but never knew this was a possibility, if in fact it is.

I have no real plans for Saturday.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 8:17 am

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Originally Posted by ryandc99
It was very nice. The shower rooms were very refreshing after a long flight and long day in the city. The lounge had plenty of free drinks, and some sushi. Comfortable chairs in a dark room for you to sleep too. Very friendly workers let me leave and come back.
Did you stay there overnight (until the DTW flight at around 6:30AM) or only ontil the LAX flight (around 12:30AM.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 8:57 am

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MarkCron
Did you stay there overnight (until the DTW flight at around 6:30AM) or only ontil the LAX flight (around 12:30AM.
We did not spend the entire night at the lounge. We landed at 5 am on the LAX flight, spent the entire day in Tokyo before we headed back to the airport, and took showers at the lounge, then got on the LAX flight and headed back. I think the LAX flight leaves around 1 AM.

Someone who we met asked at the checkin after landing for a pass back and spent the entire day in the lounge rather than exploring the city.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 9:39 pm

Programs: United 1K; AA EXP; Delta Plat Medallion; Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by MarkCron
I'm flying June 23, but through LAX.
I'm returning on June 26 on the same flight. I still haven't booked a hotel.
Did someone mention showering at the lounge and staying there all night? Really? I do have lounge access, but never knew this was a possibility, if in fact it is.

I have no real plans for Saturday.
Staying at the lounge is pretty much what I plan to do since been to Tokyo hundreds of times. The DTW flight arrives at HND around 10:30 PM on Fri. the 24th so I'll just head to the lounge, and I brought plenty of work with me to do all day Sat. The HND lounge is pretty decent but it can get crowded early evenings. My flight back leaves early the morning of Sun. the 26th, at 12:30 am to LAX. I don't believe I'll have any issues staying in transit for that period of time. I'll have my FT tags if anyone else will be in the lounge or on the flights.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by nycflyer75
Was your fare E or T?
My fare was T. Got in on that deal a month or so ago for $579 plus burned a voucher so paid less. I am not sure you qualify for the bonus on an E fare.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 10:16 pm
2mg

3 FTers on the 26th

I PM'd those you flying on the 26th. I've been here for the past 12 days, but didn't get a chance to experience the HND lounge upon arrival. Taking the EC seats home, but I'm wondering what it would take for the GA to move me to BE - probably not a warm smile.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 8:12 am

Programs: DL Plat
Originally Posted by Upperdeck744
Staying at the lounge is pretty much what I plan to do since been to Tokyo hundreds of times. The DTW flight arrives at HND around 10:30 PM on Fri. the 24th so I'll just head to the lounge, and I brought plenty of work with me to do all day Sat. The HND lounge is pretty decent but it can get crowded early evenings. My flight back leaves early the morning of Sun. the 26th, at 12:30 am to LAX. I don't believe I'll have any issues staying in transit for that period of time. I'll have my FT tags if anyone else will be in the lounge or on the flights.
I thought the lounge closes between 11pm-4am? Plus, does Delta actually have a Skyclub or is it through a Skyteam partner? If so, I would love to know which lounge is 24hrs as I leave next week and planning to do the same thing and crash at the lounge.

Thanks for your help!
Old Jun 23, 2011, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by lsk5013
I thought the lounge closes between 11pm-4am? Plus, does Delta actually have a Skyclub or is it through a Skyteam partner? If so, I would love to know which lounge is 24hrs as I leave next week and planning to do the same thing and crash at the lounge.

Thanks for your help!
Its neither a Skyclub or a skyteam lounge. It is a lounge operated by the HND airport. At check in, DL gives you a pass to use the lounge.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:03 pm

Programs: DL Plat
Originally Posted by ryandc99
Its neither a Skyclub or a skyteam lounge. It is a lounge operated by the HND airport. At check in, DL gives you a pass to use the lounge.
Gotcha...thanks, I will ask for it when I check into HPN (but something tells me being such a small airport, they wont understand). I'll mostly likely have try my luck in DTW between flights at the SC to make sure I get something in hand before boarding the DTW-HND segment.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by lsk5013
Gotcha...thanks, I will ask for it when I check into HPN (but something tells me being such a small airport, they wont understand). I'll mostly likely have try my luck in DTW between flights at the SC to make sure I get something in hand before boarding the DTW-HND segment.
The certificate is unique to the airport lounge... they check in agent fills it out with your name, flight etc. The certificate has the lounge name on it. I highly doubt you be able to obtain it before you get to HND. One of the fellow FT'ers was able to go thru immigration, get the cert from someone who was working at checkin and go back in to the lounge.

According to airport website below, it is open 24 hrs. I cannot confirm this.

http://www.jaunted.com/travel-photos/full/149/The+Pay+Lounge+at+Haneda's+New+International+Termi nal

http://translate.google.com/translat...%26prmd%3Divns

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ky-lounge.html
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by anbhc
Have the seats been full or empty on the Haneda flights?
Two friends just did DTW-LAX-HND last Friday night, came back HND-DTW Monday morning. They upgraded to Econ Comfort on the 777, and had an empty seat between them in both directions. Back of the bus had entire empty rows on the return, and was probably around 50% on the way there.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 2:21 pm

Interesting experience last night at Haneda

So, I arrive at HND last night and go through customs and they see my form And Want me to verify how long I will be in Japan. I tell them one day and I will be staying at the airport. Customs agent smiles and looks at me with amusement and lets me through. Clear customs and as I am looking for the escalator to go to departures to try to print my boarding pass for the return 3 police officers come up to me and ask to see my passport. I ask them to see their credentials to make sure this was not some scam or something and after convinced they were legit, I hand them my passport. They ask me some questions about my stay, what I do for work, whether I speak Japanese etc. and then wish me a happy stay.  They were pretty nice the entire time. Worse part about doing a turn at HND is there are no transfer desk except for JAL and ANA so if doing a turn you have to enter the country and then go to departures to check in for your next flight.  At the lounge now.

Originally Posted by 2mg
I PM'd those you flying on the 26th. I've been here for the past 12 days, but didn't get a chance to experience the HND lounge upon arrival. Taking the EC seats home, but I'm wondering what it would take for the GA to move me to BE - probably not a warm smile.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 7:48 pm

Lounge

Doing this run for 3 days in late July. Am returning on the Detroit flight. Was wondering if anyone has arrived at the airport around midnight and can confirm that one can make it into the lounge at that time and spend the night there until the flight leaves at 6:55 AM in the morning. I am worried about the Delta check in desk being open when we get to the airport (do we need to arrive early enough to make sure they are still open and checking people in for the LA flight?) and also the lounge actually staying open all night.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 7:58 pm

Programs: UA1k, DL
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Originally Posted by hi_volume
Doing this run for 3 days in late July. Am returning on the Detroit flight. Was wondering if anyone has arrived at the airport around midnight and can confirm that one can make it into the lounge at that time and spend the night there until the flight leaves at 6:55 AM in the morning. I am worried about the Delta check in desk being open when we get to the airport (do we need to arrive early enough to make sure they are still open and checking people in for the LA flight?) and also the lounge actually staying open all night.
Last week I was able to check in for the dtw flight during the checkin for the lax bound flight (about 10 pm). I then spent the night in the lounge watching tv, snacking, web browsing, etc. Yes the lounge stays open 24 hrs. You should not have a problem. I'm not sure I you can checkin later than the lax flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.