Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) DL: DTW-HND &others $579 a/i 4.5cpm

(FARE GONE) DL: DTW-HND &others $579 a/i 4.5cpm

Old Jun 20, 2011, 3:35 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by anbhc
Have the seats been full or empty on the Haneda flights?
Just got back from doing this run last weekend with 2 other FTers. On the outbound, the flight was going to be empty, but it was on the same day as the UA computer glitch, so tons of those people dumped on to our flight. The gate it departs from in LAX is terminal 6 and embarrassing. It feels like you are in a 3rd world country airport, not LAX.

On the HND-LAX return, there were approx. 50 open seats in Coach.

I highly recommend Economy Comfort in the bulkhead row 31. I am 6'5 and was able to sleep comfortably in that seat.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 8:49 pm

Programs: DL Plat
Do you recommend EC seats over an exit row window? seems they are pretty comparable, but wondering before my trip July 4th weekend. Thx
Old Jun 20, 2011, 9:09 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lsk5013
Do you recommend EC seats over an exit row window? seems they are pretty comparable, but wondering before my trip July 4th weekend. Thx
Not sure about exit row. Didn't really look. If you want free liquor take economy comfort. Plus you get off quickly amd there is no line for immigration. I was thru in 5 minutes since I was one of the first off.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 9:19 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Flew the inaugural DTW-HND flight last Thursday 6/16.
Since Row 31 was completely blocked ahead of time, I kept 44J (exit window), and decided not to pay the $60 (charged for Gold Medallion) Economy Comfort fee. FYI, row 44 on 772ER has tons of legroom even at the window--the door doesn't protrude like it does on the 744. The rest of Row 44 was completely empty, save for 44AC.
There were about 100 empty seats in Y on my flight!
Old Jun 21, 2011, 12:16 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, DL reserve, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by ryandc99
Just got back from doing this run last weekend with 2 other FTers. On the outbound, the flight was going to be empty, but it was on the same day as the UA computer glitch, so tons of those people dumped on to our flight. The gate it departs from in LAX is terminal 6 and embarrassing. It feels like you are in a 3rd world country airport, not LAX.

On the HND-LAX return, there were approx. 50 open seats in Coach.

I highly recommend Economy Comfort in the bulkhead row 31. I am 6'5 and was able to sleep comfortably in that seat.
I am seriously thinking of doing this as a milage run plus the double miles from DTW-HND. the price at the moment is $871 total from NYC-DTW-HND-DTW-NYC

though wish it was at the original $579
Old Jun 21, 2011, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by nycflyer75
I am seriously thinking of doing this as a milage run plus the double miles from DTW-HND. the price at the moment is $871 total from NYC-DTW-HND-DTW-NYC

If the price dropped again, I would do it again! Fun exploring Tokyo for the day with a local FT guy and someone I met on the flight.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 4:24 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA

Be careful, the $871 prices out in "E" Class, a fare class I've never seen on DL-- which, BTW, is NOT listed as mileage-earning on the Double Miles Promotion page! So while $871 is shockingly good for US-Asia this year (I've been seeing $2000-ish for MSP-Asia), you won't get the Double Miles.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by kyushuman
Be careful, the $871 prices out in "E" Class, a fare class I've never seen on DL-- which, BTW, is NOT listed as mileage-earning on the Double Miles Promotion page! So while $871 is shockingly good for US-Asia this year (I've been seeing $2000-ish for MSP-Asia), you won't get the Double Miles.
I definitely heed your warning. Though "E" class fare should earn milage on "Published Fares" which Delta.com?

Ah I do see that it's not listed on the promotion page at the bottom. I might have to call the DM line and find out exactly what's the deal, since E fares are so new. T fares prices out at double too!

Qualification Traveling on Delta
Delta & Delta-coded flights
Cabin Fare Class MQM Formula
Economy (discounted) H, Q, K, L, U, T, E* 500 x 1 500
*Mileage accrual eligible only on published E fares

Upgrades:
Diamond Medallion 5 calendar days in advance for revenue B, M, H, Q, K, L, U, T, E2 class fares followed by Award Tickets
2*Mileage accrual eligible only on published E fares

YOU SUCCESSFULLY REGISTERED
NOW FLY BY SEPTEMBER 30, 2011, TO RECEIVE YOUR BONUS MILES.
Congratulations. You’ve successfully registered to earn triple flown miles for each BusinessElite paid flight or double flown miles for each Economy Class paid flight between Los Angeles (LAX) or Detroit (DTW) and Tokyo-Haneda (HND).
To get these bonus miles, book your flight and complete your travel by
September 30, 2011

I hope that I am not mistaken but let me know if I am. Anyone flown on an E fare yet?

Last edited by nycflyer75; Jun 21, 2011 at 6:25 pm
Old Jun 21, 2011, 6:05 pm

If the price dropped again, I would do it again! Fun exploring Tokyo for the day with a local FT guy and someone I met on the flight.
Sounds awesome, I hope it drops rather than raises by a thousand! Where did you stay? The return flight is so early!
Old Jun 21, 2011, 6:24 pm

This is from the small print at the bottom of the Haneda bonus miles promo page--and it doesn't say "published fares", it only lists certain fare codes, from what I can tell.
Bonus Offer: Purchase and fly on Delta marketed/operated nonstop flights between Haneda/HND and Detroit/DTW or Los Angeles/LAX and earn triple flown miles for each paid BusinessElite flight (fare classes J, C, D, S, I) or double flown miles for each paid Economy Class flight (fare classes Y, B, M, H, Q, K, L, U, T). Codeshare flights operated by carriers other than Delta are excluded from this offer. Bonus miles may be earned multiple times. One-way travel will also qualify for bonus miles. Bonus miles do not count toward Medallion qualification or Million Miler status. Only the nonstop flights flown between Tokyo-Haneda and Los Angeles or Detroit will earn the bonus miles, connecting flights will not qualify for the bonus miles.
I definitely heed your warning. Though "E" class fare should earn milage on "Published Fares" which Delta.com is.

Also I don't see where it says E fare doesn't earn the Double miles.

Qualification Traveling on Delta
Delta & Delta-coded flights
Cabin Fare Class MQM Formula
Economy (discounted) H, Q, K, L, U, T, E* 500 x 1 500
*Mileage accrual eligible only on published E fares

Upgrades:
Diamond Medallion 5 calendar days in advance for revenue B, M, H, Q, K, L, U, T, E2 class fares followed by Award Tickets
2*Mileage accrual eligible only on published E fares

YOU SUCCESSFULLY REGISTERED
NOW FLY BY SEPTEMBER 30, 2011, TO RECEIVE YOUR BONUS MILES.
Congratulations. Youve successfully registered to earn triple flown miles for each BusinessElite paid flight or double flown miles for each Economy Class paid flight between Los Angeles (LAX) or Detroit (DTW) and Tokyo-Haneda (HND).
To get these bonus miles, book your flight and complete your travel by
September 30, 2011

I hope that I am not mistaken but let me know if I am. Anyone flown on an E fare yet?
Old Jun 21, 2011, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by kyushuman
This is from the small print at the bottom of the Haneda bonus miles promo page--and it doesn't say "published fares", it only lists certain fare codes, from what I can tell.
Bonus Offer: Purchase and fly on Delta marketed/operated nonstop flights between Haneda/HND and Detroit/DTW or Los Angeles/LAX and earn triple flown miles for each paid BusinessElite flight (fare classes J, C, D, S, I) or double flown miles for each paid Economy Class flight (fare classes Y, B, M, H, Q, K, L, U, T). Codeshare flights operated by carriers other than Delta are excluded from this offer. Bonus miles may be earned multiple times. One-way travel will also qualify for bonus miles. Bonus miles do not count toward Medallion qualification or Million Miler status. Only the nonstop flights flown between Tokyo-Haneda and Los Angeles or Detroit will earn the bonus miles, connecting flights will not qualify for the bonus miles.
Thanks Kyushuman, I saw that after I posted and then called the DM desk to find out the deal with E fares. Glad that you brought it up otherwise I might have booked it.

So still able to get Medallion Upgrade on E fare, earn DM 125% Miles but $%#! no double miles promotion.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 8:46 pm

Sounds awesome, I hope it drops rather than raises by a thousand! Where did you stay? The return flight is so early!
We didn't stay anywhere... after landing we went right to go see the town.. and spent the day on the town... Showered in the airport lounge once we got there for the night.. if you are sky team elite plus you have lounge access.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 9:04 pm

Programs: United 1K; AA EXP; Delta Plat Medallion; Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by anbhc
Have the seats been full or empty on the Haneda flights?
I'm on Flt 627 this Thurs. June 23rd from DTW to HND, returning on Flt 636 - HND to LAX on Sun. June 26th. Doing this again Sat. July 2nd on 635 LAX to HND, returning on Mon. July 4th on 636 HND to LAX. All four flights look to be a little more than half full at this time in the back. Still lots of empty seats.

Anyone else traveling these days on same flights?
Old Jun 21, 2011, 9:49 pm

We didn't stay anywhere... after landing we went right to go see the town.. and spent the day on the town... Showered in the airport lounge once we got there for the night.. if you are sky team elite plus you have lounge access.
I haven't been able to find much on the HND lounge. Anything special?
Old Jun 21, 2011, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by Upperdeck744
I'm on Flt 627 this Thurs. June 23rd from DTW to HND, returning on Flt 636 - HND to LAX on Sun. June 26th. Doing this again Sat. July 2nd on 635 LAX to HND, returning on Mon. July 4th on 636 HND to LAX. All four flights look to be a little more than half full at this time in the back. Still lots of empty seats.

Anyone else traveling these days on same flights?
Was your fare E or T?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.