Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) DL: DTW-HND &others $579 a/i 4.5cpm

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2011, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by yuel
Seriously??, you have not read any of the previous 20 post of this thread?
I was on top of this. I just didn't act fast enough. Just needed to work out the dates. Next time I will just book and cancel. I was just going to use it as a vacation. But, I am sure I will find other trips to jump on.
Old May 19, 2011, 12:28 pm

Programs: DL:Diamond, HH:Diamond
i say mistake fare. according to expertflyer the fare basis code for this had a price tag of $89 each way before surcharges. methinks a digit was left out somewhere.
Old May 19, 2011, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by anbhc
Anyone know the cost of getting from Haneda to Narita airport by train and the schedule? Arriving at 4:55am in Haneda on Sunday July 24th and departing on Monday July 25th at 6:55am and would prefer to stay in Narita for the day
Don't know the cost but it'll be about 90 mins each way between HND and NRT from previous experience.

Honestly, spend the day in the city if you've never been to Tokyo. You're landing early enough in the morning to see the bustling Tsukiji fish market. Go to the observation deck at the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Center (skip the Tokyo Tower, it's a ripoff and thronged with tourists), the bridge in Yoyogi Park (in Harajuku district) and see all the kids dressed up in their costumes on Sunday, have some great food, stay in a capsule hotel and get the first train back to HND the next morning.

Last edited by tc_jedi; May 19, 2011 at 1:37 pm
Old May 19, 2011, 3:44 pm

Programs: Delta DM 2 Million Miler, Hilton DM, Priority Club Platinum

Booked the 9pm JFK-LAX arriving at 12:15am and connecting to the LAX-HND flight that leaves at 1:10am.

Just checked flight status yesterday for JFK-LAX and saw it was late in arriving

New York (JFK)
Gate 22 9:00pm
18 May 10:11pm
18 May Los Angeles (LAX)
Terminal 5
Gate 59A 12:15am
19 May 1:27am

So what options do I have if I miss the connecting LAX-HND flight. Can I get rebooked back LAX-JFK ( and call it a day and get a partial refund) or will they book me next day LAX-HND or LAX-NRT?
Its a mileage run leaving Friday night at 9pm and arriving back in NY (LGA) on Monday morning at 9:19am and straight to work from there.
Old May 20, 2011, 5:34 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
I got in on this at the last minute, like 230pm CST on Wednesday. I'd been looking at it for a day, not sure what to do--then it disappeared from Travelocity, and I looked at the thread again, and it looked like it was being pulled... so I grabbed it! Thanks so much to the OP and others here for the info.
Booked MSP-DTW-HND and return on DL.com, and what I didn't know until today is that my flight on 16JUN is the first relaunch on DTW-HND! Kinda cool.
As a Gold Medallion, the 40K RDMs will be nice.
Anyone's thoughts on Economy Comfort would be good to know--I have 44J, exit row, both ways--so will have decent legroom. But there's no window at the seat and if IIRC, that means there's a bit less room to lean against the wall--and the exit door will impede things a bit, too. As Gold Medallion, I get 50% off the EC seats (UA Silvers even get Y+ on UA, but I digress ) It's $60 one-way to move up to Economy Comfort.... thoughts?

Last edited by kyushuman; May 20, 2011 at 5:46 am
Old May 20, 2011, 7:26 am

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Originally Posted by kyushuman
I got in on this at the last minute, like 230pm CST on Wednesday. I'd been looking at it for a day, not sure what to do--then it disappeared from Travelocity, and I looked at the thread again, and it looked like it was being pulled... so I grabbed it! Thanks so much to the OP and others here for the info.
Booked MSP-DTW-HND and return on DL.com, and what I didn't know until today is that my flight on 16JUN is the first relaunch on DTW-HND! Kinda cool.
As a Gold Medallion, the 40K RDMs will be nice.
Anyone's thoughts on Economy Comfort would be good to know--I have 44J, exit row, both ways--so will have decent legroom. But there's no window at the seat and if IIRC, that means there's a bit less room to lean against the wall--and the exit door will impede things a bit, too. As Gold Medallion, I get 50% off the EC seats (UA Silvers even get Y+ on UA, but I digress ) It's $60 one-way to move up to Economy Comfort.... thoughts?
I have the same question - I'm also in 44 on my trip, considering paying for EC. Might need to ask this in Delta forum.
Old May 20, 2011, 7:48 am

Programs: DL PM, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by kyushuman
Originally Posted by MarkCron
I have the same question - I'm also in 44 on my trip, considering paying for EC. Might need to ask this in Delta forum.
I went for EC. I'm Gold so it cost me $120 for both legs, but Amex Plat should cover that.
Old May 20, 2011, 10:06 am

Programs: DL Plat
Originally Posted by benrules
I went for EC. I'm Gold so it cost me $120 for both legs, but Amex Plat should cover that.
Let us know! I'm tempted to do the same thing, so please confirm that it was paid for and covered by AMEX. Thanks!
Old May 20, 2011, 1:57 pm

Programs: Delta DM 2 Million Miler, Hilton DM, Priority Club Platinum

Anyone know of any Priority Club, Hilton or Starwood hotels not too far from Haneda airport easily accessible by a complementary hotel shuttle bus or train. I want to be close by to get back to the airport next day for the 6:55am return flight and use my points for a free hotel stay. I was considering the Intercontinental Tokyo bay. I would also like to do a day at Disney while in Tokyo so was alos considering Hilton Tokyo bay.
Old May 20, 2011, 2:55 pm

Anyone know of any Priority Club, Hilton or Starwood hotels not too far from Haneda airport easily accessible by a complementary hotel shuttle bus or train. I want to be close by to get back to the airport next day for the 6:55am return flight and use my points for a free hotel stay. I was considering the Intercontinental Tokyo bay. I would also like to do a day at Disney while in Tokyo so was alos considering Hilton Tokyo bay.
Dude, I recommend Disney Sea. You can go to Disneyland anywhere. There's only one Disney Sea. It was supposed to have been built in Anaheim as a complement to Disneyland but Disney couldn't afford to build it. It's the most expensive Disney park ever. It's also the only Disney property not owned and operated by Disney.

Also, don't miss out on the big Gundam.
Old May 20, 2011, 4:08 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
My buddy and I are staying at the Intercontinental Tokyo Bay July 1-5.
Old May 20, 2011, 4:28 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, AA Plat, UA Silver, kettle everywhere else
Originally Posted by benrules
I have an AmEx Platinum, but don't know about this benefit - can you explain? Free upgrades??
Old May 20, 2011, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SceneStealer7
I have an AmEx Platinum, but don't know about this benefit - can you explain? Free upgrades??
https://rewards.americanexpress.com/...mAirlineChoice
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-strategy.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...e-charges.html
Old May 20, 2011, 5:06 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, AA Plat, UA Silver, kettle everywhere else
Thanks - I have a Corporate Platinum (but pay the platinum fees myself), and it seems I'm not eligible. Bummer.
Old May 21, 2011, 12:34 am

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
There's a good guide to HND ground transportation and area hotels here:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2430.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.