Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) DL: BOS/MIA/TPA/JAX/MCO-AMS business class $1,360 All summer long

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(FARE GONE) DL: BOS/MIA/TPA/JAX/MCO-AMS business class $1,360 All summer long

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2011, 7:24 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
at $1300 these fares appear to be a better deal than the normal summer sell offs! But I am also waiting for UAL and other *A to match if they will, that is the question!
Old Mar 24, 2011, 7:24 pm

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Originally Posted by snod08
You mean 725 one way?

I just priced BOS-AMS RT on AA for Easter 1265$ a.i.

It involves a 12-hour overnight layover in LHR...not fun.
Originally Posted by fsa_ea
For what route? I don't see anything base fare $725 r/t.
Yes, please read carefully. I posted it as 1265$ round trip.
Some other poster had said it was r/t.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 7:38 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by Shareholder
All airlines have business class sales to Europe during the northern hemisphere summer because those cabins go begging when business travel drops off from June through August. Those fares are generally in the $2K range and have been on sale for months now. These are definitely fare wars between airlines.
Delta has never had a business sale in the summer... all they ever had was the standard I fare with a 50 day advance purchase, 7 day min stay. The only time they would have a sale fare with liberal policies would be over Thanksgiving and between Xmas and New years.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 7:50 pm

Programs: DL FO
I would love to jump on this fare for my wife and I but I have no desire to go to Amsterdam. Wonder if I should just book the flight and use Amsterdam as a jumping off point to go somewhere else.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by TTBHG
I would love to jump on this fare for my wife and I but I have no desire to go to Amsterdam. Wonder if I should just book the flight and use Amsterdam as a jumping off point to go somewhere else.
I was looking for something like this for a trip to Florence that the gf is going to make.. didn't look like any cheapo airlines fly that route (e.g. AMS-FLR) though
Old Mar 24, 2011, 11:49 pm

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
Originally Posted by iahphx
I've never known an airline to match a "retaliatory" fare aimed at it.
Why the quotes? That is a real word.

I believe this is how it went (I could be wrong, but it seems more logical than your explanation which you stated as if it were fact)

1. DL introduced low fares on its new routes BOS-CDG, BOS-LHR, MIA-LHR which are AA strongholds
2. AA felt threatened and decided to match those routes and attack AMS (DL hub) to send a signal to raise rates on BOS-CDG,BOS/MIA-LHR
3. DL had no choice but to match the AMS fare

These aren't normal low business fares for summer type rates IMHO. Those are usually higher (in the $2k range as Shareholder has stated). In this case, these fares are lower than economy fares in some cases. That's not typical at all.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 6:23 am

Programs: Emirates Gold, Delta Gold, Bonvoy Plat
why isn't it available ex-europe?
Old Mar 25, 2011, 6:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jjgollum
I was looking for something like this for a trip to Florence that the gf is going to make.. didn't look like any cheapo airlines fly that route (e.g. AMS-FLR) though
Meridiana flies AMS-FLR, http://www.meridiana.it/en/index.aspx
Also AZ of course.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by dieuwer2
Meridiana flies AMS-FLR, http://www.meridiana.it/en/index.aspx
Also AZ of course.
Thanks for the tip on AMS-FLR!

I had never heard of Meridana before.

It doesn't appear that they have schedules loaded for May yet, but I appreciate the tip.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by Gringuito
why isn't it available ex-europe?
Gringuito- LHR-BOS is available for $1600 ai. Do the flex date search on delta.com
Old Mar 25, 2011, 6:45 am

Programs: Emirates Gold, Delta Gold, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by thepointsguy
Gringuito- LHR-BOS is available for $1600 ai. Do the flex date search on delta.com
Oh! Thank you!! amazing deal, under 1000GBP!
Old Mar 25, 2011, 7:33 am

AA jumps in price

Long time lurker here as I've been reading and trying to learn all the codes so I want to say thanks to everyone.

I am however interested in booking one of these AA biz/first fares BOS-AMS via LHR but when using the site the fare keeps jumping. I select my outgoing biz/first for about 533, then select my return biz/first for about 600 and then the first outgoing fare jumps to ~3200 leaving my total close to 4k instead of 1200.

I've tried different combinations but I am lost here. Can someone point me in the right direction or give me a tip?

Thanks!
Old Mar 25, 2011, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by maustinx
Long time lurker here as I've been reading and trying to learn all the codes so I want to say thanks to everyone.

I am however interested in booking one of these AA biz/first fares BOS-AMS via LHR but when using the site the fare keeps jumping. I select my outgoing biz/first for about 533, then select my return biz/first for about 600 and then the first outgoing fare jumps to ~3200 leaving my total close to 4k instead of 1200.

I've tried different combinations but I am lost here. Can someone point me in the right direction or give me a tip?

Thanks!
Can you say more about what dates & times you are trying? I am not seeing this issue.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 9:25 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Fare worked for me, last full week of August. JAX-ATL-AMS/AMS-DTW-JAX in F/J for $1378 a/i. Will buy positioning tix separately. A332 and B744 over the water.

Thanks to this thread, I got a fantastic deal on tickets to a conference I'm attending that week in Amsterdam.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 9:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MegatopLover
Thanks to this thread, I got a fantastic deal on tickets to a conference I'm attending that week in Amsterdam.
I have a conference coming up as well...early September. ARGGHHH

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.