Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(DEAL GONE) DL: JFK-LHR $349ai, LAX-LHR $530ai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2011, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other

Some pretty low T fares (100% mileage and MQMs) to normally expensive London, on Delta.com until April 12. This was first mentioned in the Delta forum, but after playing around with it, $349 is available JFK-AMS-LHR-JFK April 1-3.

$530 LAX-DTW-LHR-ATL-LAX. Lots of options for weekend travel and possibly same day turns.

I posted screen shots on my blog if anyone is interested.

Remember, Delta has a 24+ hour cancellation policy, so book now and think about it later I'd be all over this if I wasn't already booked on these weekends doing $150 CPH and ARN runs!
Old Mar 22, 2011, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thepointsguy
Some pretty low T fares (100% mileage and MQMs) to normally expensive London, on Delta.com until April 12. This was first mentioned in the Delta forum, but after playing around with it, $349 is available JFK-AMS-LHR-JFK April 1-3.

$530 LAX-DTW-LHR-ATL-LAX. Lots of options for weekend travel and possibly same day turns.

I posted screen shots on my blog if anyone is interested.

Remember, Delta has a 24+ hour cancellation policy, so book now and think about it later I'd be all over this if I wasn't already booked on these weekends doing $150 CPH and ARN runs!
Yeah, I'm already "booked" to Europe for early April, too.

Nothing beyond that? Cheap LHR fares are particularly tough to find because the taxes are brutal.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 8:38 am

Programs: SPG Plat, AA Plat, UA Silver, kettle everywhere else
I'm not seeing anything less than $617, even searching those exact dates on ITA with JFK:: DL+ and LHR:: DL+. Did they pull it?

(Spaces inserted to prevent it from turning into smileys)
Old Mar 22, 2011, 8:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, TrueBlue, IHG Plat Amb, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Platinum, National Exec Elite
Can also book on KLM but looks like "V" class so only 25% MQM accrual...Delta metal anyway (at least from BOS) so not worth the risk.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 8:43 am

Programs: UA 1P, Delta GM, SPG Platinum, Priority Club Platinum
Nice fare. Can't seem to find it though.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 8:46 am

Programs: DL Plat
nice find! Only problem is that I'm working in MIA that week, and can't get out..UGGH. Hopefully there's a way to book something at the end of the month. I'll keep digging
Old Mar 22, 2011, 8:57 am

Programs: UA 1K
I'm seeing $417 ai bookable - great find!
Old Mar 22, 2011, 8:57 am

Um, I'm picking up $273 on KLM.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 9:00 am

I REALLY want to take advantage of this from NYC... can someone please let me know what dates to look for or how else I should be putting it into ITA?
Old Mar 22, 2011, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by SceneStealer7
I REALLY want to take advantage of this from NYC... can someone please let me know what dates to look for or how else I should be putting it into ITA?
Did you TRY a weekend or flex search on Kayak?
Old Mar 22, 2011, 9:04 am

Whoa, no need to get snotty. I've been using ITA, since I find it much better than Kayak in terms of flexibility. Tried month long search with 1-2 and 2-3 nights, tried the exact dates put in above, tried specifying carrier, tried specifying routing, etc. Interesting that Kayak brings it up but ITA doesn't... I usually don't see that.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 9:08 am

$568.30 from SAN... even with the A333 ATL-LGW! Score! Thanks OP
Old Mar 22, 2011, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by SceneStealer7
Whoa, no need to get snotty. I've been using ITA, since I find it much better than Kayak in terms of flexibility. Tried month long search with 1-2 and 2-3 nights, tried the exact dates put in above, tried specifying carrier, tried specifying routing, etc. Interesting that Kayak brings it up but ITA doesn't... I usually don't see that.
Try Delta's site. I just found the next two weekends. They have a flex search option as well
Old Mar 22, 2011, 9:10 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold,Hyatt Diamond
Did anyone get this Delta email:

Get together with your family and friends and get away this spring. See Europe before the height of the summer season and get a one-time discount of $50 off each fare for you and up to nine of your travel companions. Your $50 credit is good on flights flown to 13 select cities in Europe through April 12, 2011.

There is a redemption number and code but using it could make this deal $50 better!

Last edited by kmwjes; Mar 22, 2011 at 9:10 am Reason: more specific
Old Mar 22, 2011, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Delta.com -> Planning Tools -> Book a flight -> and then select the “My dates are flexible” box and choose flexible weekends or the +/- 3 day search.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.