Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Milage run newbee, need 2789 UA EQM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2010, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Sadly two international trips were cancelled in the past 2 weeks and I now find myself short 2789 miles for 1K. I am currently a 1K

I have been asking USAir to change my FF card from USAir to United at the gate on flghts where I don't get upgraded and the gate agents have been making the change, but the flights ended up credited to USAir anyway. I'm going to call USAir to request changes, but I'm doubtful.

I am traveling to Japan next week. Dates when I can fly for the mileage run are;
12/12-12/14
12/16
12/28-12/31

I live in Phx.

Sorry to ask for help but I don't have the time to learn the tools and tips to search. thanks in advance...joe
Old Dec 2, 2010, 10:38 am

Programs: NWA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG, YX, AA
Good prices on UA between PHX and MHT right now.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 10:53 am

I am in the exact same situation - AZ engineer on UA 2.7k EQM from 1k.

I've been bumped over the limit for premier exec when I was a little shy in the past. Any chance they do the same for 1k?
Old Dec 2, 2010, 11:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...lick-here.html
Old Dec 2, 2010, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by Semi On
I am in the exact same situation - AZ engineer on UA 2.7k EQM from 1k.

I've been bumped over the limit for premier exec when I was a little shy in the past. Any chance they do the same for 1k?
Call MP and ask for it, +1 was short 1400 miles but get approved for 1K for next year, MP also knows there is 4K on itinerary for this weekend too.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 11:40 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by AZ_Engineer
I have been asking USAir to change my FF card from USAir to United at the gate on flghts where I don't get upgraded and the gate agents have been making the change, but the flights ended up credited to USAir anyway. I'm going to call USAir to request changes, but I'm doubtful.
Then next time put your UAL FF number on the reservation and you wont have that problem.

BTW - USAir doesn't exist anymore. They've been gone for almost 14 years.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bwiadca
Then next time put your UAL FF number on the reservation and you wont have that problem.

BTW - USAir doesn't exist anymore. They've been gone for almost 14 years.
I was greedy. I fly a lot domestic on US. The plan was to book as a US Gold, get better seat choices, and good chance of domestic upgrade. When I got to the airport and didn't get an upgrade I'd ask the gate agent to change the FF# to United. Worked in Oct, but not on my Nov statement

I'm going to call US to try and see if they can change, but I'm doubtful they will help
Old Dec 2, 2010, 11:49 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

You were trying to get upgrades on DCA to PHX flights?
These are the worst for upgrades, even on weekends.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bwiadca
You were trying to get upgrades on DCA to PHX flights?
These are the worst for upgrades, even on weekends.
No

I fly lots from Phx to the bay area. Book the flight on US Air with my US Air Gold FF number. If you fly US Air, they hold better seats for Silver and above FF holders. So when i booked with my US Air number I could select a great coach seat. Also, when booked with the US Air number to get upgraded automatically 3 days before the flight to First. 50% of the time I get upgraded. If I didn't get upgraded, and once the gate agent would announce that First had checked in full, I'd go ask the gate agent to change my FF# in the record to my United FF#.

If I just book with the UA FF# I get seated behind the wing, and most aisle seats are not available. Plus the only way to get an upgrade as a Star Alliance member on US Air is at departure. That would be available maybe 1% of the time.

This strategy worked every time I tried in Oct, but never in Nov. Suspect the SW dudes at US Air closed that opporuntity.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 12:47 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Please continue this discussion in the MR-Discussion forum.

--jpdx, MR Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.