Delta Weekly Web Fare Specials --> Are they for real?

Subscribe
Good afternoon!

The title says it all. I'm a true red & blue Delta fan, medallion status and all. In fact one of my family members is a 35 year Delta veteran. OK, now that I've established my expert witness criteria...

I get these lovely e-mail from Delta. Hey...come fly from Atlanta to ??? for $ each way. It even gives me a drop down box for the number of passengers and the inviting "GO" button. Could it be any easier?!

Aux contrare...

I've been checking out these special for years and I can't recall once when I've clicked on the inviting "GO" button and been taken to the page where the fare is at the bargain price. So, yesterday, I decided to call Delta and say "what's up?!"

The lovely young lady informed me there are only a limited number of seats at that fare. However, one can never find them. I asked when these weekly specials were published (so as to get a jump on the booking) and she informed me that it could be at any moment during the week. Doh!

So, my question to the masses (if you fly Delta) is...

Have anyone ever actually seen a published fare as advertised on the weekly web fare specials? Or, is this just a hook to get you to a place where they can offer you another fare that you might take them up on? I'm not saying it is, but just asking.

Again, I love Delta. But I get frustrated when I don't get what I want...LOL.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Have a wonderful day and remember when traveling to...BE FLEXIBLE! You fit into the seat better that way!

grow722
their emails and "web specials" are crap. nothing even remotely close to UAs. i asked this question on DLs forum several months ago and got the same vibe.
Quote: Good afternoon!

The title says it all. I'm a true red & blue Delta fan, medallion status and all. In fact one of my family members is a 35 year Delta veteran. OK, now that I've established my expert witness criteria...

I get these lovely e-mail from Delta. Hey...come fly from Atlanta to ??? for $ each way. It even gives me a drop down box for the number of passengers and the inviting "GO" button. Could it be any easier?!

Aux contrare...

I've been checking out these special for years and I can't recall once when I've clicked on the inviting "GO" button and been taken to the page where the fare is at the bargain price. So, yesterday, I decided to call Delta and say "what's up?!"

The lovely young lady informed me there are only a limited number of seats at that fare. However, one can never find them. I asked when these weekly specials were published (so as to get a jump on the booking) and she informed me that it could be at any moment during the week. Doh!

So, my question to the masses (if you fly Delta) is...

Have anyone ever actually seen a published fare as advertised on the weekly web fare specials? Or, is this just a hook to get you to a place where they can offer you another fare that you might take them up on? I'm not saying it is, but just asking.

Again, I love Delta. But I get frustrated when I don't get what I want...LOL.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Have a wonderful day and remember when traveling to...BE FLEXIBLE! You fit into the seat better that way!

grow722
I use their web specials all the time. I just checked Tampa to LGA this weekend leave saturday come back monday and it's $198 rt (219 ai).

Web Fares
The problem is they have hubs in DTW,MEM and MSP, plus focus cities like LA where no web fares are ever hardly mentioned. Its like the old NWA hubs are bestard step children...to delta whom prefers to push so many folks thru ATL and JFK, that it creates undo stress on fliers at times....especuially when arrivals and departures windows are backed up and people sitting on the tarmac.
DL Web Fares Suck
All I ever get in the DL web fare e-mails are

SAN-LAX $69 each way plus taxes
SAN/SNA-SLC $79 each way plus taxes

This week's version specifies, "For Saturday departures and returning Monday or Tuesday, round trip purchase required."
Let me be the first to say Welcome to FT!
And secondly, I have never looked at their weekly fare special, well cause there is never any specials out of my airport.
Quote: So, my question to the masses (if you fly Delta) is...

grow722
I have been able to book the sale fares a number of times without any problems. Of course I do take action on them the minute I see the email if interested, though I also have friends who have waited to book and still been successful. Maybe the destination you want is a more popular route?