Community
Wiki Posts
Search

15% Off ExpertFlyer

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2009, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Location: NY by birth, BNA by choice - soon YXE, the SKY by virtue.
15% Off ExpertFlyer

Saw this in a Google AdSense ad while browsing at Yapta.
May come in handy for those who use ExpertFlyer or new signups.

YAPTANOV
15% Off.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 7:06 pm

Programs: AA PLT,VS Silver,SPG gold, Hilton, AMEX Plat, BA nothing.
Originally Posted by xanthuos
Saw this in a Google AdSense ad while browsing at Yapta.
May come in handy for those who use ExpertFlyer or new signups.

YAPTANOV
15% Off.
Darn it...just renewed for the year last week. Still worth every penny.^
Old Nov 10, 2009, 7:36 pm

Cool. Do you know when this will expire?
Old Nov 10, 2009, 7:53 pm

Programs: US CP, HH DIA, IC AMB
just tried to use, this is what it said...."expired" or already used
Old Nov 10, 2009, 9:57 pm

Shucks. So it's a one-time use thing... I'm guessing the NOV part means valid in November, but it doesn't matter now.
Old Nov 11, 2009, 1:10 am
Original Poster

No, it shouldn't be a one-time use. It was a Google text ad.
I haven't tried it yet because I won't be renewing until the 23rd, but again, I doubt it is a one-time use. Perhaps mikey just had problems using it.
Old Nov 11, 2009, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Here is a screen capture. I just was shown the same ad.

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/5/screencapture.jpg
Old Nov 11, 2009, 8:19 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

I'm sorry folks but that coupon is no longer valid, our friends at Yapta just haven't removed it yet. That aside it was for new users only, not valid on renewals.

If we should run a promotion in the future directed at existing users, you'll see an individual coupon code in your email.

In the meantime please feel free to discuss all things ExpertFlyer on our main thread here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...es-thread.html

-EFV
Old Nov 11, 2009, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
I'm sorry folks but that coupon is no longer valid, our friends at Yapta just haven't removed it yet. That aside it was for new users only, not valid on renewals.

If we should run a promotion in the future directed at existing users, you'll see an individual coupon code in your email.

In the meantime please feel free to discuss all things ExpertFlyer on our main thread here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...es-thread.html

-EFV
A bit chintzy, IMO, considering it is only the 11th of November. How long was the coupon valid for, a matter of hours?
Old Nov 11, 2009, 11:44 am

Programs: US CP, HH DIA, IC AMB
A bit chintzy, IMO, considering it is only the 11th of November. How long was the coupon valid for, a matter of hours?
+1 I was going to renew but based on the path they chose on how to handle this, forget it.
Old Nov 11, 2009, 11:53 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

How long was the coupon valid for, a matter of hours?
No, since the begining of the month, it just took 11 days for someone to post it on FT. It was an experiment we were trying exclusively with Yapta for new EF users. However since it's now out in the open, the test is now invalid, hence we're turning it off. We apologise for any misunderstanding.

Keep an eye on your inbox, we do other promotions from time to time and when we do we will let you know via email.

-EFV

Last edited by ExpertFlyer Voice; Nov 11, 2009 at 12:09 pm
Old Nov 16, 2009, 8:03 am
Original Poster

While I was disappointed with how ExpertFlyer chose to handle the coupon code I posted in the OP (saying it was "no longer valid" rather than full disclosure that they pulled it because it was supposed to be targeted), I was pleased that the recent e-mail I received announcing Seat Alerts included a 15% off coupon code. I will be using it for my renewal.

For those whose EF subscription has lapsed, make sure to carefully read the e-mails you receive from ExpertFlyer.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 11:13 am

Programs: XP AA, ◊ HGP, PL SPG, 1K UA
Sorry for a OT question: I am curious to find out what folks use expertflyer for? Why is it necessary? Cool features?
Old Nov 16, 2009, 11:38 am

While I was disappointed with how ExpertFlyer chose to handle the coupon code I posted in the OP (saying it was "no longer valid" rather than full disclosure that they pulled it because it was supposed to be targeted), I was pleased that the recent e-mail I received announcing Seat Alerts included a 15% off coupon code. I will be using it for my renewal.

For those whose EF subscription has lapsed, make sure to carefully read the e-mails you receive from ExpertFlyer.
My, are we so easily swayed?

I, too, will be renewing
Old Nov 16, 2009, 6:46 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by Cheerfulflyer
Sorry for a OT question: I am curious to find out what folks use expertflyer for? Why is it necessary? Cool features?
a quick google found this http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...es-thread.html and this http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...ert-flyer.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.