Search

AA Fare War BOS-LAX $179 RT All In

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2009, 12:56 pm
formerly DNPierson1

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
Originally Posted by best
Have you called AA to sign up for it?
No, because I had figured that it didn't make any sense because of the limited time between flights (ie, no time for the miles to post)...
Old Apr 18, 2009, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP (1.7MM); BD *G; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DNPierson1
No, because I had figured that it didn't make any sense because of the limited time between flights (ie, no time for the miles to post)...
AA's system is smart enough to know the flight you hit a PLT challenge on, and give you 100% bonus miles for the actual flight you hit it on, and all others that you actually fly after that.

For in-plane benefits- upgrades, lounges, posting matters.

For mileage accumulation, posting is meaningless. It catches itself when the miles post.
Old Apr 18, 2009, 1:21 pm
formerly DNPierson1

Originally Posted by StrandedinSC
AA's system is smart enough to know the flight you hit a PLT challenge on, and give you 100% bonus miles for the actual flight you hit it on, and all others that you actually fly after that.

For in-plane benefits- upgrades, lounges, posting matters.

For mileage accumulation, posting is meaningless. It catches itself when the miles post.
Thanks Stranded-can anyone else confirm?
Old Apr 18, 2009, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks Stranded-can anyone else confirm?
You'll certainly get plt bonus for the flight that completes you challenge. It will post automatically together with the flight miles. Obviously all flights after qualifying will earn plat bonus and if for whatever reason they don't post correctly a call to AA can fix that.

Since you have appr 30K of flying after qualification (assuming going for exp withing deqm timeframe) you'll be making appr 24K extra RDM miles if you sign up for plat challenge. You'll also get 4 extra stickers.

(if numbers look strange to you remember that you are gonna cross gold at 25K even without any challenge so the difference should be calculated against that benchmark)

A good deal for $150 IMO.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 8:09 am
formerly DNPierson1

One more

I'm thinking about adding this flight to my itinerary to push me over and get me EXP, but I'm worried about missing the return leg of my final run.

Right now, I am ticketed on the 9:10PM OGG>LAX on May 19th.

I'm thinking about adding one more run, OGG>LAX>BOS>LAX>OGG leaving the 17th, arriving back in OGG at 755PM on the 19th (just an hour and 15 minutes before the final flight back home).

The tix would be booked separately. What are your thoughts? What would the consequences be if I missed the flight?
Old Apr 19, 2009, 8:13 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
I am out every morning and back every night from 5/3 to 5/18. Will I run into any of you guys.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 9:00 am

Programs: AA Platinum
I'm flying out on the redeye on May 12th and coming back at 7:40pm on the 13th. Send me a note if we are on the same flights.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I'm thinking about adding this flight to my itinerary to push me over and get me EXP, but I'm worried about missing the return leg of my final run.

Right now, I am ticketed on the 9:10PM OGG>LAX on May 19th.

I'm thinking about adding one more run, OGG>LAX>BOS>LAX>OGG leaving the 17th, arriving back in OGG at 755PM on the 19th (just an hour and 15 minutes before the final flight back home).

The tix would be booked separately. What are your thoughts? What would the consequences be if I missed the flight?
As long as you make the LAX-OGG (AA 161) flight, it should be OK as your outbound OGG-LAX (AA 14) flight is the same equipment as our inbound LAX-OGG. So any delay on the inbound LAX-OGG will delay the outbound... it won't leave without you.

Just make sure to OLCI or kiosk check-in for your 5/19 OGG-LAX before you leave the mainland... so you don't miss the check-in deadline if the inbound LAX-OGG is delayed.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 9:52 am
formerly DNPierson1

Originally Posted by SFO777
As long as you make the LAX-OGG (AA 161) flight, it should be OK as your outbound OGG-LAX (AA 14) flight is the same equipment as our inbound LAX-OGG. So any delay on the inbound LAX-OGG will delay the outbound... it won't leave without you.

Just make sure to OLCI or kiosk check-in for your 5/19 OGG-LAX before you leave the mainland... so you don't miss the check-in deadline if the inbound LAX-OGG is delayed.
Thanks SFO... so all I have to worry about is my flight arriving on time to LAX... gets in at 230 PM, so there's a full 2.5 hours in between. What's the worst case scenario? Could I potentially lose the OGG>LAX>BOS return?
Old Apr 19, 2009, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks SFO... so all I have to worry about is my flight arriving on time to LAX... gets in at 230 PM, so there's a full 2.5 hours in between. What's the worst case scenario? Could I potentially lose the OGG>LAX>BOS return?
Any delay anywhere could muck things up but a 2.5 hour connection time is reasonably safe most days. The key is your BOS-LAX flight. I would show up at BOS a little early just to make sure the inbound is on time, as there are numerous other one-stop (11:05A-3:55P) or connection options (9:00A BOS-SFO would still earn Triple miles) that would still get you to LAX in time... should things go south on the 11:10A BOS-LAX departure.

If you miss the LAX-OGG flight and thus miss your OGG-LAX flight back, then you're at AA's mercy and you'll need to find an understanding agent to get you on alternative flights to complete the trip at no additional cost. Best not to have to deal with that.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 10:43 am

I am doing the following that I have paid for right now:
AA 25 08:20 BOS LAX Monday through Friday
AA 726 15:45 LAX-BOS Monday
AA 264 12:50 LAX-BOS Tuesday through Friday
I have others but I am still making adjustments right now. I am also doing positioning runs ATL-ORD-BOS as well.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 10:45 am

AA 197 18:35 BOS-SFO Saturday May 9
AA 150 Redeye SFO-BOS Saturday night
Old Apr 19, 2009, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
I am doing the following that I have paid for right now:
AA 25 08:20 BOS LAX Monday through Friday
AA 726 15:45 LAX-BOS Monday
AA 264 12:50 LAX-BOS Tuesday through Friday
I have others but I am still making adjustments right now. I am also doing positioning runs ATL-ORD-BOS as well.
These are 4-8
Old Apr 19, 2009, 3:07 pm

Some wonderful MR schedules !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.