AA Fare War BOS-LAX $179 RT All In

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Fare War BOS-LAX $179 RT All In

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2009, 8:05 pm

Programs: Priority Club PLT, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP
So do these BOS-LAX/SFO flights qualify for both the 3X RDM AND the DBEQM?

Thanks
Old Apr 15, 2009, 8:10 pm

Programs: EXP AA 5.7MM, Diamond HHonors, a bit of Marriott, a bit of United, a bit of this and that
Originally Posted by genotonda

Thanks
Looks like it from what I can tell.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 8:49 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS

Thanks
Yes it does, as long as u sign up
Old Apr 15, 2009, 9:24 pm

Couple last questions :

What happens if I book multi city, MSP-BOS-LAX-BOS-MSP?

Do I get 3x RDM on the legs of BOS-LAX & LAX-BOS?

Could I buy a MSP-BOS ticket that sandwiches around my BOS-LAX runs, or is that against rules?
Thanks
Old Apr 15, 2009, 10:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO
Couple last questions :

What happens if I book multi city, MSP-BOS-LAX-BOS-MSP?

Do I get 3x RDM on the legs of BOS-LAX & LAX-BOS?

Could I buy a MSP-BOS ticket that sandwiches around my BOS-LAX runs, or is that against rules?
Thanks
My impression was you received the 3x as long as you take a non stop flight from BOS to the list of 3x cities. Doesn't matter if it's O/W or attached to other flights. I found that sandwiching the positioning flights often gets you a better price than buying everything separately. Also better protection in case you miss a connection and more segments are on the same PNR.

I just bought my massive May run tonight. I'm flying:

http://gc.kls2.com/cgi-bin/gc?PATH=d...avy&MAP-STYLE=

for a total of:

74,200 EQM $.021/EQM
136,500 RDM $.011/RDM
$1,560 total cost all in

I'm pretty happy considering that DTW is a truly awful major city for MRs.

This is actually my first MR, and I'm going straight for EXP from no AA status. Going to do a Platinum challenge and a couple more BOS-LAX next week to to position myself to hopefully score at least some upgrades for this run. I've done crazier stuff traveling by car before, so I figure how hard can this really be?
Old Apr 15, 2009, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by vxmike
My impression was you received the 3x as long as you take a non stop flight from BOS to the list of 3x cities. Doesn't matter if it's O/W or attached to other flights. I found that sandwiching the positioning flights often gets you a better price than buying everything separately. Also better protection in case you miss a connection and more segments are on the same PNR.

http://gc.kls2.com/cgi-bin/gc?PATH=d...avy&MAP-STYLE=

for a total of:

74,200 EQM $.021/EQM
136,500 RDM $.011/RDM
$1,560 total cost all in

I'm pretty happy considering that DTW is a truly awful major city for MRs.

This is actually my first MR, and I'm going straight for EXP from no AA status. Going to do a Platinum challenge and a couple more BOS-LAX next week to to position myself to hopefully score at least some upgrades for this run. I've done crazier stuff traveling by car before, so I figure how hard can this really be?
What are the dates of your runs if you dont mind me asking?
Old Apr 15, 2009, 10:47 pm

What are the dates of your runs if you dont mind me asking?
5/2 DTW-LGA-BOS-SFO-BOS
5/3 BOS-SFO-BOS
5/4 BOS-LAX-BOS
5/5 BOS-LAX-BOS
5/6 BOS-LAX-BOS
5/7 BOS-LAX-BOS
5/8 BOS-LAX-DFW-DTW
5/9 back to work at 6:30 AM

A quick 30 day search on ITA indicates the cheap flights are starting to fade away, but there's still a window of availability for consecutive days the first full week of May plus spotty dates the rest of the month.

My mini-run next week is still in the works, but there's almost no availability left at MR prices. I had to pull the trigger on one BOS-LAX today I had on hold but the rest is all on hold from today until tomorrow night while I make some decisions and see if prices change in the morning.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 10:06 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
I just returned on the red eye four hours ago. Both the flight yesterday afternoon and the overnight were 100 % full. I got First Class upgrade on both, including a fully reclining bed on the outbound as it was an TATL B767 incoming from London and continuing from Boston to Los Angeles. Life is good
Old Apr 16, 2009, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP & 1MM, UA 1P, HH Gold, HGVC
Just finished my third one this morning. Now 0-3 on UG's LAX-BOS but 3-3 for BOS-LAX. For me that's actually better; if I only get one UG I'd rather it be the return, I'm far more tired on that leg.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 7:24 pm
formerly DNPierson1

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
5/2 DTW-LGA-BOS-SFO-BOS
5/3 BOS-SFO-BOS
5/4 BOS-LAX-BOS
5/5 BOS-LAX-BOS
5/6 BOS-LAX-BOS
5/7 BOS-LAX-BOS
5/8 BOS-LAX-DFW-DTW
5/9 back to work at 6:30 AM
I'm flying the same route 5/5-5/8. On the morning flight out, then turning around to get back to Boston by 920. It's my first mileage run too!
Old Apr 16, 2009, 8:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4 MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond

This is actually my first MR, and I'm going straight for EXP from no AA status. Going to do a Platinum challenge and a couple more BOS-LAX next week to to position myself to hopefully score at least some upgrades for this run. I've
Impressive.

How are you getting to EXP with just this MR? Total miles are 37223 mi, with DEQM it's only 74446 (as the BOS3x are not eqm miles)
Old Apr 16, 2009, 8:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
For me, it is usually a struggle right down to the end of the year to make EXP. This year, with this promotion, I may come pretty close to making it about half way through the year. I just hope there are not too many of us nuts doing this. That story a couple of days ago in the WSJ probably didn't help.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by wrxmom
How are you getting to EXP with just this MR? Total miles are 37223 mi, with DEQM it's only 74446 (as the BOS3x are not eqm miles).
Perhaps OP assumes that Platinum elite bonus miles are EQM?
Old Apr 16, 2009, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Impressive.

How are you getting to EXP with just this MR? Total miles are 37223 mi, with DEQM it's only 74446 (as the BOS3x are not eqm miles)
Probably also worth noting that the DEQM won't post for some time so EXP status will not be realized till the summer.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 8:43 pm

Impressive.

I'm doing a small 3 day MR next week too so I'll start off the giant MR as a brand new Gold. I guess my original statement was not fully correct.

Originally Posted by DNPierson1
I'm flying the same route 5/5-5/8. On the morning flight out, then turning around to get back to Boston by 920. It's my first mileage run too!
All my transcons are red eye from LAX/SFO to BOS and then a day afternoon flight back to LAX/SFO the next day.

Last edited by vxmike; Apr 16, 2009 at 8:48 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.