Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

"Good Deals" in Economy Class - excellent fares between certain city pairs - 2009

"Good Deals" in Economy Class - excellent fares between certain city pairs - 2009

Old Apr 11, 2009, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium

I thought maybe we should start a thread like "premium deals" but at discount prices which doesn't qualify for MR which seems to be posted alot and getting flamed, but good deals like:
RIC to SJO for $228 ai in august 13-18 on US, but looks like its through eoy schedule.
RIC to BOG for $272 ai through eoy on DL, with 1 day turnaround

Last edited by yuel; Apr 11, 2009 at 12:01 pm
Old Apr 11, 2009, 11:59 am

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
yuel - thanks for your suggestion, I amended the thread title to better reflect what your idea is all about.

Let's keep this thread in "Mileage Run Deals" for the time being, and let's see what other good deals in Y other Flyertalkers come up with over the course of time.

Regards

rcs85551
Moderator, Mileage Run Forums
Old Apr 11, 2009, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

DL: BWI to BOG $287.30 ai thru next year, example dep fri 5/15 with 21 hr layover in nyc, if you wanted, rtn sun 5/17, $283.70 if connect thru ATL, bookable on delta.com
Old Apr 11, 2009, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

US: BWI to DFW $140 ai thru may same day rtn

Last edited by yuel; Apr 11, 2009 at 6:34 pm
Old Apr 11, 2009, 7:18 pm

For a little international favor

KUL to CGK. MYR 301 all in (about $83). available on KLM.com
Old Apr 12, 2009, 11:53 am

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
Please note that several posts have been removed which were not related to fares.

We don't need any public discussion within this thread whether it shall continue to exist or not.

The reason is plain and simple - many Flyertalk members live in cities that have relatively high fares, which makes fares with a higher that the usual CPM within the Mileage Run Deals forum still MR-worthy for those living in such cities.

Also, since the Budget Travel forum is for LCC & Charter deals, that forum would not be appropriate for such a thread to reside.

If you don't want to monitor this thread, simply don't. Just ignore it. But let's be fair to those members who don't reside in MR heaven within the continental United States to give them one single thread where they can discuss their fares without getting scolded that the CPM is too high.

It's as simple as that.

Kind Regards

rcs85551
Moderator, Mileage Run forums
Old Apr 12, 2009, 12:29 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
CO Pit-San

Currently for any day and does not require a Sat night stay for $201.40 AI in L class. Book on Con.com for full EQM and EQPs. With DEQM, can earn 4840 x 2 EQM = 9680 EQMs.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 2:37 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by yuel
DL: BWI to BOG $287.30 ai thru next year, example dep fri 5/15 with 21 hr layover in nyc, if you wanted, rtn sun 5/17, $283.70 if connect thru ATL, bookable on delta.com
I tried to duplicate the economy fare for the routing you suggested above, which is BWI to BOG roundtrip, outbound through JFK on 5/15, and return through ATL on 5/17 for $283.70 ai. This is the lowest available of what came up:

T CLASS, the lowest available fare, the round trip for the indicated routing and dates is now $397.30 ai as of 4:30 PM EST.

Last edited by USirritated; Apr 12, 2009 at 2:55 pm Reason: misunderstanding of Y = Economy overall or Y CLASS fares specifically, since this thread is for Y = economy fares overall
Old Apr 12, 2009, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by USirritated
If I am not mistaken, "Y" means Y CLASS, which is FULL FARE COACH, or the highest fare class in coach, short of buying a first or premium fare class ticket, although there are sometimes great deals, or low cost deals, on Y CLASS fares, where those fares are sold at "non Y CLASS prices," so to speak.

I am not trying to pick on anyone or to make this personal in any way, but it seems that either you have no idea what "Good Deals" in Y - excellent fares between certain city pairs means, or I do not, so would someone here please clarify for the benefit of everyone who is reading this thread, or for that matter, for anyone who is looking for great.
Y class is the generic designator for the economy class cabin. And for the record, not all airlines use Y class as full fare coach (i.e. KLM).

You might want to edit your post above in order not to clutter up the thread.

In order to avoid any future misunderstandings, I have changed the thread title accordingly.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by USirritated
I tried to duplicate the economy fare for the routing you suggested above, which is BWI to BOG roundtrip, outbound through JFK on 5/15, and return through ATL on 5/17 for $283.70 ai. This is the lowest available of what came up:

T CLASS, the lowest available fare, the round trip for the indicated routing and dates is now $397.30 ai as of 4:30 PM EST.
Yep, all those fare are out of BWI and RIC to BOG are all gone now.
but the

US: RIC to SJO for $228.40 ai is still available

Last edited by yuel; Apr 13, 2009 at 3:26 pm
Old Apr 12, 2009, 5:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K
UA: SFO-IAD $249 non-stops

Many dates available in April & May for double EQM promo.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 7:13 pm

UA: midwest-SEA

I always do my MRs on the CMH-SEA route, sometimes 200 a/i, sometimes 150, sometimes 104$.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 9:20 pm
Original Poster

US: SFO to BDA $324 ai thru june
found 6/13-6/14 other dates available, FC says AA has them too but havent looked, DL was $354
Old Apr 13, 2009, 4:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Are there any guidelines, ground rules etc

First let me say I support the idea of this thread however I'm not sure what goes here and two if I post something a specific thread will things get moved here?

for example.. IAD-LAX is $99 each way right now or $220 a/i for nonstops.. its pretty common now if you are flexible however it wasn't that long ago there wasn't anything for less than $350 RT a/i.. no matter when you wanted to go..

where would you put this fare.. again.. I wasn't going to start a thread on it but it is a good fare??? how about if this fare drops to $89 each way

seeking guidance here nothing else
Old Apr 13, 2009, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Can we segregate this thread "Good Deals" in Economy into:

1. "Good Deals" - US domestic (which this is probably meant to be) and

2. "Good Deals" in Economy - International?

Edited to Add
: Maybe my question was answered initially, but I think my suggestion might have a bit of relevance...

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; Apr 15, 2009 at 10:02 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.