Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Newbie question about milerun.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2007, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Newbie question about milerun.

okay, so after reading some very good posts about mile run, i am trying to make one, i used ITA to make an itenrary, but ITA wont book the flights, so how do i go about booking such itenrary, as airline website wont give so many segments.
thanks for info.
Old Jan 2, 2007, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As you have noticed, ITA does not book flights. I tend to use ITA for UA flights. At that point, you can use the airline websites to try and price it out, or any other site which you think is good. If it is a complicated itinerary, it may help to use the multy-city feature on the websites to price it out.
Old Jan 2, 2007, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
As you have noticed, ITA does not book flights. I tend to use ITA for UA flights. At that point, you can use the airline websites to try and price it out, or any other site which you think is good. If it is a complicated itinerary, it may help to use the multy-city feature on the websites to price it out.
ITA will also show you the fare rules and fare basis codes for any fare they display. You can then print that out and take it to a flesh-n-blood travel agent, and they can try to find availability for you.
Old Jan 2, 2007, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

thanks for the replies , travel agent may think i am insane though
Old Jan 2, 2007, 1:59 pm
DUS

Programs: LH HON, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ziqch
thanks for the replies , travel agent may think i am insane though
Well, doing MRs you probably are.

Enjoy!

DUS

PS: Did my first run last week. Great fun!
Old Jan 2, 2007, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K/3MM, AA EXP/3MM, DL MM, former fan of TWA
If you don't want to share your insanity with your travel agent, and if it is a complicated itinerary, you might try to book it on Orbitz. I seem to remember hearing that the Orbitz engine is based on the ITA software, so Orbitz should be able to book itineraries found on ITA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.