Wiki Posts
Search

Asia runs, always 6 day min?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2006, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lapsed DL North PE, now nothing
Asia runs, always 6 day min?

I'd like to do a MSP-->Asia MR this year, but don't really like the 6 day min. I've searched this thread and various sites, but it always seems to be there. Am I reading this right? US->Asia flights on NW/Skyteam always have 6 day mins?
Old Dec 30, 2006, 8:36 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Not always. In the past, there have been some great opportunities in Asia that required 3-day or no minimum stays. However, I am not aware of any current NW runs with low/no minimum stays. (In fact, there aren't any run-worthy deals to Asia out there; I'm sure many here are waiting).
Old Dec 30, 2006, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Thanks jpdx, good to know. I was about to write the idea off, but now that I know it is possible I'll keep my eye out.
Old Dec 30, 2006, 11:35 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
I've raised the question of nesting tickets across alliances, but heard nothing back. Considering a well planned SIN run will net almost an Elite level, if you're doing MRs across two airlines in different alliances, seems like a good plan.

Steve B.
Old Dec 30, 2006, 12:04 pm

try "Flexible" search

sometimes "FLEX" search yeilds good fare for less than 6 days
Old Dec 30, 2006, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

I've just been using Flyspy and FareCompare and judging potential MR's by PPM. I never considered using NWA.com and searching via "FLEX". That sounds a bit onerous to search a wide open number of dates, but I guess I could consider it.
Old Dec 30, 2006, 2:23 pm

Programs: No more status...just doing my best in burning my points/miles.
About a year ago, I found a great NWA fare sale from SFO to PVG with a 3 day min stay. They do exist...we just have to find them!
Old Dec 30, 2006, 2:36 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, UA, AA, DL, BA, CX
I easily found K-fare on NW with no minimum stay, but the price isn't that decent to be considered as a good MR I think.
Old Dec 30, 2006, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ycc777
I easily found K-fare on NW with no minimum stay, but the price isn't that decent to be considered as a good MR I think.
What tool were you using to search for the no minimum stay fares?
Old Dec 30, 2006, 5:24 pm

Programs: Skyteam
Originally Posted by jpdx
Not always. In the past, there have been some great opportunities in Asia that required 3-day or no minimum stays. However, I am not aware of any current NW runs with low/no minimum stays. (In fact, there aren't any run-worthy deals to Asia out there; I'm sure many here are waiting).
LAN-TPE
NW $690 all in

if you use Pk075
it's $600
Old Dec 30, 2006, 5:39 pm

I don't believe there are any cheap pricing that doesn't include a 6 day minimum right now. It isn't something that you can find if it doesn't exist. I think October 18th was the last day I remember seeing a 3 day minimum. The prices went way up after that. They are back down to similar levels now (about 15% more than the prices in October) and they have 6 day minimum stays.

If you're planning to do a MR sometime in 2007, there isn't a hurry so I would wait. It's bound to be back. If you find the sale before someone else does, please post the info....I'll likely take a MR too.
Old Dec 30, 2006, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skchin
LAN-TPE
NW $690 all in

if you use Pk075
it's $600
Are you finding this with no minimum stay? I searched it out on FareCompare and NWA.com and found the dreaded 6 day minimum as well as high prices for quick turns.
Old Dec 30, 2006, 6:06 pm

Programs: Skyteam
it's 6 days.

1/9 to 1/15
Old Dec 30, 2006, 6:59 pm

It is always worth checking with a consolidator for tickets to the Far East. (Double check that the fare is eligible for mileage; many are.)
Old Dec 31, 2006, 12:07 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, UA, AA, DL, BA, CX
Originally Posted by lotalota
What tool were you using to search for the no minimum stay fares?
Sorry for the messed up. I might have messed up on my searches and clicked on the wrong fare rule at the time I replied. I had way too many pages on. You're right, it's all 6 days minimum. Sorry if I got your hope up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.