Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

Any Good Deals to Europe this Week?

Old Dec 25, 2006, 9:55 am
Original Poster

I have been searching high and low for a decent deal to the UK for this week between X-mas and New Years. Is there anything out there from a US Gateway that would allow departure on the 26th or 27th and a return on the 30th or 31st?

I am based in MCO and would prefer to arrive at EDI or GLA or ABZ but figured a LCC could get me there from another EU gateway. I would be willing to depart from almost any US Gateway and my budget is something like $500-$700 all in.

4000 EQMs will help me reach Silver on CO for 2007 so Skyteam mileage is preferred but not the end all as I have Gold secured on DL for 2007 if that doesn't work out. I want to make the trip to visit a friend so I would go with about any airline if the price is right. Kind of set on returning to MCO on or by the 31st to be here for New Years Eve.

Any ideas to help with my search would be greatly appreciated..

Last edited by allergictocoach; Dec 25, 2006 at 10:09 am
Old Dec 25, 2006, 10:11 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Not sure if anyone can come up with some helpful suggestions, but it appears you're looking to fly tomorrow or the next day??? CO & others were offering very cheap fares to the UK of $200-300 r/t that would have fit your travel dates, but you needed to book a bit futher in advance than 24 hours! Right now I see flights EWR-LGW for $717 to fit your dates. (Which to be honest, isn't all that bad for such short notice). Have a Happy Holiday!!
Old Dec 25, 2006, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply and obviously the degree of difficulty would have been a lot less if I could have booked in advance. Unfortunately it wasn't an option and thus the reason I am seeking expert help to augment my own search efforts.
I did find $685 MCO-LGW on VS but no miles according to Expedia. With a min. $200 RT to get up to Scotland, it comes out around $900 and I was hoping for a little better....at least to collect the miles for that price.
Old Dec 25, 2006, 7:52 pm

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
ATL to FRA December 29-31 was available up to two days ago for sub $700. It's now 2250 plus. You might play around with some CVG or JFK to FRA. FRA is always my MR default location on Delta.

Good luck. I'm going for Gold...be glad you've got yours locked in.

Happy New Year!
Old Dec 25, 2006, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the idea. I was able to find MCO-ATL-EDI//MAN-ATL-MCO on DL for $750 all in at airfare.com. Out on the 27th and back on the 31st -they had several variations avail. around this price to most UK cities served by DL or AF. I called in and they claim the ticket will earn miles. In any case it's a good price at this point so I may pull the trigger in the morning.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.