Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

UA: LAS-TXL $465 all-in

Old Dec 23, 2006, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist

probably good from other cities. I'm looking at a MR 3/15-3/18.
Old Dec 23, 2006, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA ex-1K (now nothing), Hilton Gold
FYI, it's as low as $391, according to ITA, if you book using LH flight numbers on the way back (skipping the UA YQ surcharge).

Sadly, bay area fares seem to only be as low as $500 or so, not horrible, but not quite as good.

Last edited by turing; Dec 23, 2006 at 3:20 pm
Old Dec 23, 2006, 3:13 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
Thank you for the post, Doctor.^ Us LAS FTers have been blessed, lately, with some far out deals...so many that I might have to pass on this one.
Old Dec 23, 2006, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sunnyhere
Thank you for the post, Doctor.^ Us LAS FTers have been blessed, lately, with some far out deals...so many that I might have to pass on this one.
I might do it as a pure MR, although I've not been to Berlin so I am tempted to make a week of it.

I would have probably bought already but I still have cramps from my last FRA-SFO on LH in coach. I tried other routings but they were not this low.
Old Dec 25, 2006, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
Originally Posted by Dr_wanderlust
I might do it as a pure MR, although I've not been to Berlin so I am tempted to make a week of it.

I would have probably bought already but I still have cramps from my last FRA-SFO on LH in coach. I tried other routings but they were not this low.
Was LH coach on that SFO-FRA and back flight pretty bad?
Old Dec 25, 2006, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by trekwars2000
not a lot of leg room and service was average. by average I mean worse than UA.

I did find some dates with TED to IAD and then UA to FRA transferring to LH to TXL.

Last edited by Dr_wanderlust; Dec 25, 2006 at 4:34 pm
Old Dec 26, 2006, 9:36 am

Programs: US GP (used to be *G, now,what)
Originally Posted by trekwars2000
LH coach from BOS-FRA was bad enough on the 747.... to take it for an extra 5 hours would make me lose my mind.... not to mention my circulation. Don't you think the Germans could pull as least one row out... I'm even tempted to take extra connections to avoid them...
Old Dec 26, 2006, 9:45 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
Originally Posted by Alphaguy
LH coach from BOS-FRA was bad enough on the 747.... to take it for an extra 5 hours would make me lose my mind.... not to mention my circulation. Don't you think the Germans could pull as least one row out... I'm even tempted to take extra connections to avoid them...

Wow that is not good, I have a MR to MUC in two weeks on LH and I am rethinking doing it if it is that bad... Isn't there at least free booze or anything?
Old Dec 26, 2006, 10:50 am

Programs: black is magic
Free booze - yep. So just drink and sleep. Seriously, it's survivable, especially if you ask for exit row seating at check-in and if you go to the airport 2hrs+ before the flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.