Wiki Posts
Search

AA Segments

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2006, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

AA Segments

Hi,
I am trying to get in extra segments to hit Exec Plat this year. Any suggestions on how to get the most segments in a 1 day trip for the best money? I originate in AUS and my days are running short for available travel dates.
Thanks
Old Nov 20, 2006, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA; Marriott; SPG; HH
Originally Posted by joaniea
Hi,
I am trying to get in extra segments to hit Exec Plat this year. Any suggestions on how to get the most segments in a 1 day trip for the best money? I originate in AUS and my days are running short for available travel dates.
Thanks
I'm in the same boat but have been able the find the flights I need. First, go to Fare Compare Engine - this link show you flights to major cities from your origin.
From there, you can select any flight of interest and look for available dates. Since you're in austin, if you can add a connection through dfw, that would give you an additional segment plus allow you to take advantage of the double miles promo .

Find a flight, go to AA, select flights with multiple segments, and go to town. How many segments do you need? What days are you free to travel.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA; Marriott; SPG; HH
There are same-day fares from AUS-DFW-SEA for $178 leaving on Dec 1. Or you can fly to Chicago and take advantage of the Fly06 offer and the double miles through DFW as I mentioned earlier.

You can also fly to Abilene, Lubbock, etc for about $78 or $98 and connect through DFW.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 6:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, US Chairman, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IC RA
Try AUS-DFW-STL-TUL-STL-DFW-AUS. That's 6 segments in one day for $185.80 all-in.
Old Nov 21, 2006, 4:54 am

Programs: AA EXP - 2.2 MM, Admirals Club, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Avis Presidents, National Exec
Originally Posted by stratofortress
Try AUS-DFW-STL-TUL-STL-DFW-AUS. That's 6 segments in one day for $185.80 all-in.
I've worked up 8 out of Austin, but I need 10:

AUS-DFW-OKC (for what it's worth, OKC is a shorter flight than Tulsa)
OKC-DFW-SAT
SAT-DFW-HOU
HOU-DFW-AUS

-Brian
Old Nov 22, 2006, 2:46 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond (x2), IHG Platinum
Smile

I am at 75 segments right now, work will add 16 more before the end of year. Through help found here was able to book 2 BHM-DFW-MCI-DFW-BHM ($197 all in each) trips and one BHM-DFW-BHM ($203 all in) to get the remaining segments needed to make EXP.

11/27 - BHM-DFW-SEA
11/30 - SEA-DFW-BHM
12/04 - BHM-DFW-SEA
12/08 - SEA-DFW-BHM
12/09 - BHM-DFW-MCI-DFW-BHM (MR #1)
12/10 - BHM-DFW-BHM (MR #2)
12/11 - BHM-DFW-SEA
12/15 - SEA-DFW-BHM
12/16 - BHM-DFW-MCI-DFW-BHM (MR #3)
12/18 - BHM-DFW-SEA
12/21 - SEA-DFW-BHM

Gets me 101 segments for EXP I personally think the $600 for 10 segements and EXP is a good deal.

See you in the sky!!

Jeff
Old Nov 24, 2006, 9:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Is there a way to push the AA site to give you multi-segment routes? It used to show me really long ones at the end of the fare list, but that was a few years ago. Now it seems to try to keep it down to 1 stops.

Thanks
Old Nov 24, 2006, 11:20 am

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by Szar
Is there a way to push the AA site to give you multi-segment routes? It used to show me really long ones at the end of the fare list, but that was a few years ago. Now it seems to try to keep it down to 1 stops.

Thanks
Use the multi-city feature and/or insert city pairs that must have connections.

Simple example. Don't request OKC-DFW-AUS. Simply request OKC-AUS (the DFW connection will appear anyway).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.