Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Austrian: CDG-NRT/SIN 467$cad all-in (330 euros);M booking class

[FARE GONE] Austrian: CDG-NRT/SIN 467$cad all-in (330 euros);M booking class

Old Jul 10, 2006, 4:57 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Just booked on LH website

Hi,

I just made a booking on the LH website. It did show the M fare class and the related refund/change policy. I did a print screen of it and all related thing just in case. Anyway, later when I checked it via my M&M account and my booking, I saw that it was in classified later as Economy Restricted and not anymore Economy Flexible. I was tempted to call but have not, since I did not want to spoil the mistake until they find it out someway themselves.

I also received an email from them, but in the email, next to economy, I saw that it was in M-class. Thus I am now rather confused.. which class will LH honour? M or the economy restricted? I hope that it will be in M so I can maximize my mileage usage for an upgrade since they are going to expire soon.

Anyone did a booking too on the LH site? I plan to combine this maybe with a trip down under.

Thanks. A big thanks to the finder of this misprint.

Old Jul 10, 2006, 5:03 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
checkd it

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi,

I just made a booking on the LH website. It did show the M fare class and the related refund/change policy. I did a print screen of it and all related thing just in case. Anyway, later when I checked it via my M&M account and my booking, I saw that it was in classified later as Economy Restricted and not anymore Economy Flexible. I was tempted to call but have not, since I did not want to spoil the mistake until they find it out someway themselves.

I also received an email from them, but in the email, next to economy, I saw that it was in M-class. Thus I am now rather confused.. which class will LH honour? M or the economy restricted? I hope that it will be in M so I can maximize my mileage usage for an upgrade since they are going to expire soon.

Anyone did a booking too on the LH site? I plan to combine this maybe with a trip down under.

Thanks. A big thanks to the finder of this misprint.

dont worry, its M booking class.
and M is on LH normally a restriced class too.

only Y is non restricted.
b is almost non-restricted but is restricted too .

so everything expect Y will be displayed as restricted.

do not call LH !

and if it is possible to cancel this tickets without charge! great.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 7:35 am

Programs: *A Gold, OWE
Booked it, got the reservation confirmation, but can't see the ticket # under checkmytrip.com. How long does that take ?

In the "Reisebesttigung" there was not any kind of "restrictd fare" mentioned.

I have copies of the booking receipt and go after the "fully flexible"/ "fully refundable" feature in case it doesn't suit my travel pattern.

Cheers
TheAirman
Old Jul 10, 2006, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Booked on LH web-page CDG-FRA-SIN on LH in late DEC. Called SEN-line in Scandinavia to be put on waiting list for earlier return flight. Waiting list was allowed but if it clears 100 EUR will be charged. I was told that the fare rules provides for 100 EUR fee for cancellation or changes. This is contrary to what was stated on the LH web-page when making the reservation "fully flexible and refundable" but fully in line with the normal rules for M class. I think we can't avoid the 100 EUR fee for canc. or changes once ticketed.

No worry; no remarks about the fare was made.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 8:24 am

Programs: *A Gold, OWE
Originally Posted by SK AAR
I think we can't avoid the 100 EUR fee for canc. or changes once ticketed.
Honestly I will fight to actually have a fully flexible ticket without any fees for changes/cancellation. I mean seriously I am an "educated customer", but I am not supposed to know when to trust the LH website and when to know that it is completely wrong. I have prin outs and I will not acept any charges.

Any one with me on this ?
Old Jul 10, 2006, 8:50 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
dont worry

Originally Posted by TheAirman
Honestly I will fight to actually have a fully flexible ticket without any fees for changes/cancellation. I mean seriously I am an "educated customer", but I am not supposed to know when to trust the LH website and when to know that it is completely wrong. I have prin outs and I will not acept any charges.

if you do not want to fly, LH will be happy to cancel this for you without any charge there is a 0 missing in the fare.

anyway, keep a copy of the HP where it shows the fully flexible part, i did print it too.

dp
Old Jul 10, 2006, 8:52 am

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
When I booked on expedia.com,it said M class,b/c I specifically checked before buying:the change fee for cancellation and changes was 100 euros.I did not book on the LH website because they usually have this 20 euros TSC and expedia.com was $10!anyone caring to print shot of the rules?thanks
Old Jul 10, 2006, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by TheAirman

If you're a 'serious customer' then you KNOW that the fare is incorrect. Airlines can change the fare rules as it goes along.. and irrespective of what it says you have printed out, the airline can just cancel the fare altogether and give you a refund because it is a mistake.

In any case, the OS fare is now gone, but the LH fare remains. And as it is now, there is a 100 EUR fee for any changes.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 8:59 am

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
OS is already showing 1490 base in Amadeus, so it will be gone sooner than later.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 9:10 am

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
If you're a 'serious customer' then you KNOW that the fare is incorrect. Airlines can change the fare rules as it goes along.. and irrespective of what it says you have printed out, the airline can just cancel the fare altogether and give you a refund because it is a mistake.

In any case, the OS fare is now gone, but the LH fare remains. And as it is now, there is a 100 EUR fee for any changes.
As we have recently seen with AZ,airlines might try to do what you've just said,but it is highly unlikely for several reasons:

1)cheap fares to Asia,like RTF on LH are not unheard of;
2)A few non-flyertalkers go and check the rules and booking class of a flight,so if the fares was in W or S it would be ok;
3)it's not a clear $0 fare;
4)if the number of people that took advantage of the fare is low,the airline won't screw it all and lose potential future customers;
5)it is a contract and unilaterrally voiding it,is not the way to go.Nasty lawsuits are not the way to go for airlines.
6)the airline cannot change fare rules at their pleasure;it's a breach of contract.
7)the fare was available for more than 24 hrs;if they did not realize it,it's their fault.

I don't think they will do a fuss over it.I booked the LH fares,because the OS fare is not available in Dec.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
As we speak, the fare is being pulled from Canadian CRS' systems. US systems are still ok for now.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 9:23 am
Suspended

Programs: Heineken Premium Club
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Booked on LH web-page CDG-FRA-SIN on LH in late DEC. Called SEN-line in Scandinavia to be put on waiting list for earlier return flight. Waiting list was allowed but if it clears 100 EUR will be charged. I was told that the fare rules provides for 100 EUR fee for cancellation or changes. This is contrary to what was stated on the LH web-page when making the reservation "fully flexible and refundable" but fully in line with the normal rules for M class. I think we can't avoid the 100 EUR fee for canc. or changes once ticketed.

No worry; no remarks about the fare was made.

Bravo, you can't be fast enough, can you? Isn't it wiser to wait a little and not to jeopardize the deal for your fellow FTs?
Old Jul 10, 2006, 9:28 am
Suspended

Programs: Heineken Premium Club
Originally Posted by MACH81
When I booked on expedia.com,it said M class,b/c I specifically checked before buying:the change fee for cancellation and changes was 100 euros.I did not book on the LH website because they usually have this 20 euros TSC and expedia.com was $10!anyone caring to print shot of the rules?thanks

If you chose USA, Estonia or GB as your country of residence, there is no such charge.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 9:31 am

I could use US,but I decided to book on expedia anyway.it was faster and easier.I was afraid they could pull it any moment
Old Jul 10, 2006, 9:35 am

it's still there if you wanna book on the LH US website.Comes out cheaper then expedia because of the $10 charge on expedia.Should have booked there!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.