Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

SEA -> SFO/OAK -> LGW - Possible to do this?

SEA -> SFO/OAK -> LGW - Possible to do this?

Old Mar 8, 2006, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Exclamation SEA -> SFO/OAK -> LGW - Possible to do this?

Hi All,

Not sure if this is the right forum for this, but I'm not sure where else to post within flyertalk.

I'd like to fly from SEA to London Gatwick (preferred - LHR would be ok), with a layover in the bay area, either SFO or OAK (OAK would better, but probably not possible since so small)

Would any carrier be able to do this? I'd think any airline that hubs out of SFO. Only carrier that I know of is United - any one else? I'd really prefer to have the carrier be a partner with Alaska Airlines with miles that count towards MVP/G.

Thank you in advance!
Old Mar 8, 2006, 10:34 am

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, UA GS, AS MVP GOLD 75K
There is no non-stop from SFO-LGW but you could do the following routing, which would also get you miles on Alaska as American is partners with them.

SEA-SFO (layover) - DFW-LGW

The DFW-LGW is on American.

Another option would be Continental which flys SFO-IAH-LGW.

That option would also earn miles on AS. Good luck!
Old Mar 8, 2006, 10:36 am

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by MitzEclipse
Hi All,

Not sure if this is the right forum for this, but I'm not sure where else to post within flyertalk.

I'd like to fly from SEA to London Gatwick (preferred - LHR would be ok), with a layover in the bay area, either SFO or OAK (OAK would better, but probably not possible since so small)

Would any carrier be able to do this? I'd think any airline that hubs out of SFO. Only carrier that I know of is United - any one else? I'd really prefer to have the carrier be a partner with Alaska Airlines with miles that count towards MVP/G.

Thank you in advance!
You could fly Alaska to the bay area, and then KLM to LHR via AMS. If your traveling during the right timeframe, you can get double AS miles on KLM too.

Check ALASKAAIR.COM for details

BOTH the AS & KL flights will get you EQM's on AS
Old Mar 8, 2006, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by olimaspecto
Another option would be Continental which flys SFO-IAH-LGW.

That option would also earn miles on AS. Good luck!
While this option would earn miles on AS, they would not be MVP/G qualifying miles, which is one of the criteria that the OP has. The AA/KL options meet this criteria, as would flying AS to SFO, then flying SFO-MSP-LGW on NW or SFO-CVG-LGW on DL.

(And for future reference, TravelBuzz! would probably be better for a question such as this, instead of MR.)

Mike

Last edited by nako; Mar 8, 2006 at 10:55 am
Old Mar 8, 2006, 10:53 am

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by nako
While this option would earn miles on AS, they would not be MVP/G qualifying miles, which is one of the criteria that the OP has. The AS/KL options meet this criteria, as would flying AS to SFO, then flying SFO-MSP-LGW on NW or SFO-CVG-LGW on DL.
Mike
But there is NO chance for Double miles with these carriers.
Old Mar 8, 2006, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Holly cow, thanks for the super fast replies!! Is there a Delta option? What about a SFO -> LHR since there is no LGW.

I know British does this, but British does not count on for the MVP/G. Plus they fly direct to SEA to LHR which would make work raise some eye brows why i want a layover in SFO
Old Mar 8, 2006, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by MitzEclipse
Holly cow, thanks for the super fast replies!! Is there a Delta option? What about a SFO -> LHR since there is no LGW.
The DL option (SFO-CVG-LGW) has been mentioned already.

No AS partners other than BA fly the nonstop SFO-LHR. The best you'd be able to do is LAX-LHR on AA, which would then involve the additional SFO-LAX leg (either on AS or AA).

Mike
Old Mar 8, 2006, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Thank you all for the replies!!
Old Mar 8, 2006, 11:04 am

Many employers encourage a layover with a business trip as long as the price isnt significantly out of whack and the layover occurs on your own time.

If that becomes an issue, you could always get a cheap fare SEA-SFO on your own dime. Have your employer book SFO-LHR on their dime.

Remember, if your traveling during the double miles window, your going to Earn enough miles on AS for a free "saver award" roundtrip ticket on these two flights alone.

And all the miles are going to count towards MVP/G status except for the double miles bonus portion.

If you already have some sort of status with AS, you'll be earning BUKU miles with this trip.

Be sure to register for the AS promo soon.

*** my employer also flys ANY employee going overseas in paid business class. I think that would earn 25% bonus miles too (if your employer does the same)

*** be sure ALL your transatlantic segments are ON KLM, otherwise you will not get the double miles bonus

Alaska / KLM bonus miles signup & rules

Junkie-

Last edited by flyupfrnt; Mar 8, 2006 at 11:16 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.