Has anyone traveled on the AA ACA $0 fares?

Subscribe
Just wondering. Did they ask any questions?

Pretty sure we're fine but I'm taking nine family members in a couple weeks.

Curiously, the flights don't look near full at all.
I was also wondering the same thing. We fly on Jan 2nd. Any info would be helpful.
I don't fly till March but I really don't see a problem. I traveled on the near-free fares with NW to Europe twice in the past six weeks. No problem. Even almost got bumped off one flight in exchange for a $300 voucher.

The check in people and GA's don't care how much you paid for your ticket. If something was going to happen, it would have happened long before you check in.

Enjoy your time in ACA.
I fly on 1/13 (out) and 1/16 (back). I'll report back with my experience soon thereafter. Hotels are kind of pricey down there - we're considering not going since this is supposed to be a bargain-basement trip. But we probably will go.
My parents, my brother, and I are leaving on 1/6 and return 1/9. I don't see any issues with the tickets so far and expect no problems.

We're having difficulties with lodging, too. Right now we're trying to swing a timeshare exchange or something like that to make it affordable. Good luck to all, and enjoy sunny ACA!
Quote: Right now we're trying to swing a timeshare exchange or something like that to make it affordable. Good luck to all, and enjoy sunny ACA!
You can usually get the Mayan Palace Acapulco on an RCI Bonus Vacation basis, for around $200 for a week.
Quote: Hotels are kind of pricey down there - we're considering not going since this is supposed to be a bargain-basement trip.
Try Priceline or Hotwire. I got the Avalon Excalibur for $71/night on Hotwire (although I was hoping for the Fiesta Inn).
Quote: My parents, my brother, and I are leaving on 1/6 and return 1/9. I don't see any issues with the tickets so far and expect no problems.

We're having difficulties with lodging, too. Right now we're trying to swing a timeshare exchange or something like that to make it affordable. Good luck to all, and enjoy sunny ACA!
Try the Crowne Plaza, different weekend, for about $90/night. Not cheap but not expensive. Most importantly, I have some Intercontinental points that coupled with this stay will get me over the 10,000 level to transfer to an airline.
Wife and I are going Jan. 14. Will be interesting to see if zero fare produces AA miles. Hyatt in ACA (on the beach) had 75 -90 night rates 2 days ago but they have since increased. my original club room went down in price 2 weeks ago and I rebooked. Hyatt also has 3K weekend bonus promo going on. Good luck.
Quote: Will be interesting to see if zero fare produces AA miles.
There is no reason why the tickets should not earn miles. They were booked in Q, which is a mileage-earning bucket in this instance. The cost is irrelevant.

Mike
Going on Feb 10, and staying at the crown plaza and found an upgrade coupon on the IC forum.
Quote: Going on Feb 10, and staying at the crown plaza and found an upgrade coupon on the IC forum.
I'm heading from OKC to ACA on January 13-January 18th, also staying at Crowne. Anyone else going to be there?
We're going 1/9 - 2/5, will be staying in Zihuatanejo - 2 hours ($6 by bus) north. Considerably less expensive and IMHO nicer (beaches, cleanliness, atmosphere, ...). Less nightlife and partying, less crowds and cost.

Details: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...&postcount=176
Pardon my ignorance, but what is zero fares? and when did you get this offer?
thanks!
Quote: Pardon my ignorance, but what is zero fares? and when did you get this offer?
thanks!
There was a opportunity to get tickets for $0 + taxes, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=493879