Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

Has anyone traveled on the AA ACA $0 fares?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has anyone traveled on the AA ACA $0 fares?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2006, 1:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
uhmmm you are a wee bit late

Originally Posted by duranza
Pardon my ignorance, but what is zero fares? and when did you get this offer?
thanks!
Old Jan 6, 2006, 6:32 pm

Programs: SW, MR, CHASE
We fly out Sunday the 15th of January. What a great deal! AND we few frequent flyer miles. I love this website.
Old Jan 6, 2006, 6:36 pm
formerly known as CARTflagman

Originally Posted by ccerts
We fly out Sunday the 15th of January. What a great deal! AND we few frequent flyer miles. I love this website.
What does "AND we few frequent flyer miles" mean?

CF
Old Jan 6, 2006, 11:21 pm

Just back. Great place. Thanks AA & FT!! ^
Old Jan 7, 2006, 12:47 am

Originally Posted by Telfes
if you don't mind sharing, where did you stay? and if you have any suggestions on what to do, feel free to share that too (I'm going in a week)
Old Jan 7, 2006, 1:35 am

Originally Posted by zxcvbs
if you don't mind sharing, where did you stay? and if you have any suggestions on what to do, feel free to share that too (I'm going in a week)
I did Hotwire and ended up with the Avalon Excalibur for $70/night. I've got mixed feelings about the place. Location was fine, staff was fine, but room wasn't ready when I arrived (was nasty dirty which may have biased me, though it was promptly cleaned) and wasn't overly nice. Hotwire said the place was 3* -- some parts of it were, but my room was maybe 2* -- needed refurbishment. That said, it met minimal requirements of clean & safe. Right on the beach, so that was nice. Also good access to restaurants & other things.

It looked like there was lots to do -- both touring type stuff, as well as water activities. I went for total relaxation -- sat on the beach & on the terrace and read a good book while admiring the view. Will try to do better when I go back next month!

Have fun -- I enjoyed it and look forward to going back.
Old Jan 7, 2006, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
I'm booked at the Acapulco Park Hotel for $48+ per night at the tail end of March. Looks good on location and adequate on comforts, but I guess they all do when it's an advertisement. Didn't have to prepay or risk anything if trip falls through. Wanted to have something confirmed on the off chance there'd be spring breakers affecting demand for that time.
Old Jan 7, 2006, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm going Jan 13-16 and have booked a $71 room at the Hyatt Regency.
Old Jan 7, 2006, 6:53 am

Any problems with EQM's posting to AAdvantage?

Old Jan 7, 2006, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Durn, I sure hope not. They'd better not try to cheat me out of those miles! I'm gonna complain to as many PEOPLE as I can get through to at AA if those miles don't post!

Of course, I've got less than 10K miles on AA and may only be able to use 'em for magazine subscriptions, but STILL... I'll be watching over it like a hawk.

Last edited by RustyC; Jan 7, 2006 at 7:30 am
Old Jan 7, 2006, 9:48 am
formerly known as CARTflagman

Originally Posted by RustyC
Durn, I sure hope not. They'd better not try to cheat me out of those miles! I'm gonna complain to as many PEOPLE as I can get through to at AA if those miles don't post!

Of course, I've got less than 10K miles on AA and may only be able to use 'em for magazine subscriptions, but STILL... I'll be watching over it like a hawk.
AA can issue small Hilton award certificates starting at 2000 AA miles. Each AA mile equals 2 Hilton Honors points. Don't waste those miles on magazines.

CF
Old Jan 7, 2006, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
No problems. Return hasn't posted yet, but outbound EQMs are sitting in my account looking as pretty as can be.
Old Jan 7, 2006, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
I did Hotwire and ended up with the Avalon Excalibur for $70/night.
Thanks for the review. Hotwire also dished out the Avalon Excalibur for me, even though I was hoping for the Fiesta Inn.

How did you get to/and from the hotel? Having never been to ACA, I assume that there are a bunch of shared vans available at the airport as in CUN for a decent price. Can you confirm?
Old Jan 7, 2006, 1:48 pm

thanks, just making sure..

also.. I too am curious as to the airport transporation at ACA (to/from the Hyatt)... How is the best way to get from ACA - Hyatt? time to/from ACA?

No problems. Return hasn't posted yet, but outbound EQMs are sitting in my account looking as pretty as can be.
Old Jan 7, 2006, 2:11 pm

Programs: BA, DL, AA
Originally Posted by CART_Flagman
AA can issue small Hilton award certificates starting at 2000 AA miles. Each AA mile equals 2 Hilton Honors points. Don't waste those miles on magazines.

CF

I typically get my AA flights into my BA account. However, I have 2,000 miles on my AA due to bonus promotions... They were expiring last month, so I ordered a magazine in November (500 miles) then another in December (1,500 miles).... I still have 2,000 miles and have already got the magazines... From my experience.... the magazines were really a good deal. I had to open a point.com account to have activity on my AA account so the miles would not expired.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.