Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

full fare C CMB-HNL USD474+tax (o/w, Asiana)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

full fare C CMB-HNL USD474+tax (o/w, Asiana)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2006, 4:33 am

Programs: UA: 1ex1K now Prem Plat Life 2MM ; SQ: exPPS
What is the MPM and 125% of that MPM ?? The routing discussed above via BKK and HKG and ICN was 11859 ?? via SIN ans ICN looks like 12,625 ?? too much for 125%?

Can you get two one way tickets priced out CMB-HNL and HNL-CMB without it being "one" ticket ??

Originally Posted by CHC Kiwi
You'd more than likely go over MPM by more than 25% going through SIN.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by retrav1K
What is the MPM and 125% of that MPM ?? The routing discussed above via BKK and HKG and ICN was 11859 ?? via SIN ans ICN looks like 12,625 ?? too much for 125%?

Can you get two one way tickets priced out CMB-HNL and HNL-CMB without it being "one" ticket ??
MPM 9708, 25M will give you 12135. There is no way to go through LAX or SIN without going over 25M.

Getting two one way ticket will make the second ticket, HNL-CMB priced as ex-HNL. You don't want that!
Old Jan 11, 2006, 6:41 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Originally Posted by vprp
how much would ICN-SFO-HNL work out as? would ICN-LAX-HNL be available? i'm looking to do ICN-HNL in mid/late-March and was going to use UA but wouldn't mind going through California with more miles and in C for the same price.
HEY! If you find that one out, let me know! I'd do the same thing from here in Seoul! ^
Old Jan 11, 2006, 6:52 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
HEY! I just did a search.... What airport is CMB?
Old Jan 11, 2006, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by Paella747
HEY! I just did a search.... What airport is CMB?
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Old Jan 11, 2006, 9:03 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

I wonder if the last segment could be dropped off, making the final destination SFO.. but without giving up the lower fare.. since CMB-SFO one-way is considerably higher than CMB-HNL one-way.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by izzik
I wonder if the last segment could be dropped off, making the final destination SFO.. but without giving up the lower fare.. since CMB-SFO one-way is considerably higher than CMB-HNL one-way.
By the rules, no. If you miss a segment, all subsequent segments will be cancelled. I think that's way retrav 1K asked about two one-ways in post #31. SFO-HNL will be the last segment for a one-way. You don't really care if they cancel it.

Last edited by TerryK; Jan 11, 2006 at 9:12 am
Old Jan 11, 2006, 10:19 pm

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
Originally Posted by izzik
Normal hidden city rules would apply to the ticketing rules, which I bet they're trying to prohibit. Still, hidden city on a route like that shouldn't be too difficult as long as you bought the one-way, not the round-trip.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by StSebastian
Normal hidden city rules would apply to the ticketing rules, which I bet they're trying to prohibit. Still, hidden city on a route like that shouldn't be too difficult as long as you bought the one-way, not the round-trip.
That's what I'm guessing.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 12:36 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
Really no need to drop HNL as there is a BKK-SFO/LAX/YVR OZ fare for about $800 all in.... and no need to start in CMB
Old Jan 12, 2006, 7:24 am

Less miles from BKK. I'm seeing OZ for 800+tax for unrestricted C, though.. which would still be more $.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by ryan754
Really no need to drop HNL as there is a BKK-SFO/LAX/YVR OZ fare for about $800 all in.... and no need to start in CMB
Where? How? When? I'll do it! ^
Old Jan 12, 2006, 8:19 pm

Would this fare allow BKK-SIN-ICN on SQ then ICN-LAX on OZ ??
Stopovers allowed or not ?

Is there an ex-BKK OZ fare to HNL that would allow BKK-SIN-ICN-LAX/SFO-HNL ?? What is MPM if available ?

Originally Posted by ryan754

Last edited by retrav1K; Jan 12, 2006 at 8:21 pm
Old Jan 13, 2006, 5:23 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Originally Posted by retrav1K
Would this fare allow BKK-SIN-ICN on SQ then ICN-LAX on OZ ??
Yes , bought such an OZ-fare ex BKK to SFO last October and will start my trip next month (February). My scheduled routing is BKK-(TG)-SIN-(SQ)-ICN-(OZ)-SFO-(OZ)-ICN-(SQ)-SIN-(SQ)-BKK. Fare is 1604 USD + ca. 200 USD tax. This routing takes nearly full advantage of the MPM (9504) as it comes to 9411 miles The same is certainly possible for LAX.

Originally Posted by retrav1k
Stopovers allowed or not ?
No, otherwise the HIP check applies as this fare is not routing restricted, respectively has no routing-table (as for example the UA fare ex CMB)

Originally Posted by retrav1k
Is there an ex-BKK OZ fare to HNL that would allow BKK-SIN-ICN-LAX/SFO-HNL ?? What is MPM if available ?
There is a fare listed for BKK-HNL with OZ, price should be 1363 USD + tax. Doesn't know about the MPM...

In general, the HNL-fare is quite tempting. Especially ex CMB. Should have thought about it sooner
Old Jan 14, 2006, 1:14 am

BKK-HNL on OZ in C is 1363 ow or rt ?? any one know the MPM ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.