Search

Frustrated trying to find ANY MRs on UA from DEN

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2005, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; F9 Summit
Nice service!

Originally Posted by osxanalyst
Hey, this is nice! Esp since the Travelocity Dreammaps (where this info is sourced from) are often illegible.

If you are the programmer, I have a suggestion that would make this HUGELY better (tho perhaps the suggestion isn't so easy to implement).

--- Allow the airline to be specified as well as the destination and price.

This would mean following some links to get the prices for each airline.

For example, there's a DEN-MKE fare of $183 valid 30-Jun thru Jul 9. It allows four transfers each way, so you might be able to do something like:

DEN-IAD-SFO-ORD-MKE

You get the idea. Find the fare, and then play with the route.
Wonderful, but there is no UA inventory for ANY dates for this fare, so doesn't help. Also, the routing you give above isn't valid for this fare.. typically short-distance MRs (like DEN-MKE) aren't going to allow a transcon in the middle like this. The best I might hope for is COS-DEN-ORD-MKE or something like this.

Thanks for the suggestion tho.

john//
Old Jun 17, 2005, 11:58 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Anywhere on the east coast or midwest will typically allow you to route through somewhere in the south. The further south it is, the more miles you get. Great runs are COS-DEN-DFW-ORD-FLL, for example.

Whenever I do a run, I typically go COS-DEN-DFW-ORD-xxx and back other alternatives are IAH, MSY (great for bumps), and sometimes ATL. I've come to prefer DFW even though it cheats me out of a few miles -- it's BusinessOne service now on DFW-ORD, they have 737's and A319's (as opposed to the E170 that flies into IAH thorughout the day) with hot meals in F, and if I do get bumped there are lots of alternatives for them to put me on AA!
Old Jun 18, 2005, 12:14 am

Programs: 1MM BIS. Former 18-year segment 1K, 1997-2014...now just a distant memory.
For example, there's a DEN-MKE fare of $183. It allows four transfers each way, so you might be able to do something like:

DEN-IAD-SFO-ORD-MKE
Yeah, right. For DEN-MKE you would be lucky to be able to throw in a connection at ORD, and keep that fare.
Old Jun 18, 2005, 12:26 am

Programs: 1MM BIS. Former 18-year segment 1K, 1997-2014...now just a distant memory.
Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Whenever I do a run, I typically go COS-DEN-DFW-ORD-xxx and back other alternatives are IAH, MSY (great for bumps), and sometimes ATL. I've come to prefer DFW even though it cheats me out of a few miles -- it's BusinessOne service now on DFW-ORD, they have 737's and A319's (as opposed to the E170 that flies into IAH thorughout the day) with hot meals in F, and if I do get bumped there are lots of alternatives for them to put me on AA!
JohnnyP: Last month's mileage run was DEN-ORD-IND-IAD-RDU and RDU-IAD-CLE-ORD-DEN return, all on UA, for $225.50, after using a CS$25. Did also connect for the first time in DFW, on an earlier run this year.

Have never yet routed to the East Coast through MSY, nor flown through IAH on anything other than a 737. The change to a E170 servicing IAH must be recent?
Old Jun 18, 2005, 4:19 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by ColoBill1
Have never yet routed to the East Coast through MSY, nor flown through IAH on anything other than a 737. The change to a E170 servicing IAH must be recent?
Yes, it's not all E170's, but one or two flights a day (unfortunately, the key ones!). The first flight DEN-IAH is on the E170 and then the connecting IAH-ORD. So if you want your MR to be well-timed on mainline aircraft, connecting through IAH sucks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.