EWR-STO $99+ RT Malaysian

Old Dec 10, 2004, 1:30 pm

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
Deleted....
Old Dec 10, 2004, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA, more to follow
Talking Booking report

Dhacker, thanks for your help.

My Scandinavian stubborness paid off and I got TWO tickets outbound on the 16th and inbound on the 20th for $181 all in ($363 total + $20 paper ticketing (not available as e-ticket) for $383).

I started to despair when I went back to my saved itinerary from Wed (two hours after the initial post on which I was able to get to the booking screen) and found that the flights were unavailable. (Knew I should have booked first and found out if we could get the time off of work later.) I waited patiently for the Availability tool to come back online (first time I used it), calling my travel agent in the meantime to find out if she could see any openings. She offered business class for $4000! I was finally able to check the flight availability and saw L2 for both flights, so I kept searching on cheaptickets.com until I got it to go through. For awhile, the only trip that came up was $3572 a ticket! However, even though the outbound went JFK-CDG-OSL-ARN, the inbound was the exact flight I wanted (obviously a different fare type!), so I perservered. About an hour later, it was booked and confirmed.

I know that this report must seem a little mundane to the veteran FTers, but this was my first success on FT and I just wanted to share my excitement and enthusiasm over this great find. (If this hadn't been posted in Mileage Run, I wouldn't have found this deal, so I am obviously very supportive of keeping these types of non-mileage offers readily available in a forum, whether it stays on this one or not!) Although, it may seem heretical to some, I don't really care about getting miles on this trip; I'll worry about figuring out MRs in the new year...

All I know is that I will never forget my 35th birthday!

Thank you, FT!
Lars

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.