Wiki Posts
Search

US$ 49 cents SIN-BKK

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2004, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Many
US$ 49 cents SIN-BKK

http://www.straitstimes.com.sg/singa...71601,00.html?
Old Sep 8, 2004, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Yes. Some of us know about this already. But it doesn't count as a MR, as you can't earn miles on this fare or on any of the budget airlines.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 9:26 pm

Programs: Skyclub lifetime, Priority Pass, HH Gold.
Well, I wish I knew about this sonner. Dates are just about all gone. Only 11B each way BKK-SIN.

Air Asia doesn't seem to have a mailing list to inform us of these hot deals.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
I flew 'em BKK-Phuket-BKK at $35 RT after playing with a itinerary for BKK-Khorat-BKK and getting it to price at about $8 but deciding against it because it was, well, Khorat.

They do aggressively yield-manage the seats and collect a lot from overweight bags (15kg limit) and drink/souvenir sales, so the revenue does come in. But you've got older planes that really get flown a lot, so I hope there aren't safety concerns a la ValuJet.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Air Asia planes

Actually I quite like the AirAsia flights. Good flight attendants, very clean planes, and never had any delays on any of the 6 legs I've taken in the last 6 months.

It is cattle car approach to boarding. Some places they're very strict about carryons (From Singapore, especially), from Bangkok I haven't had any problems.

They charge 50 cents for a soft drink, and have little sandwich meals for $2 or so. Very reasonable, and good service. Their planes are usually 50-80% full, but I've never had anyone sit next to me, and there is almost always room to spread out.

I've flown SIN-BKK, BKK-KUL, BKK-Phuket and never had a bad experience.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 11:53 pm

my 2 pennies on airasia

Used'em BKK-SIN. The boarding gate differed from where the plane was parked -by a long shot! By the time we all boarded buses to shuttle out to the plane, our departure time had long passed.
However, I agree with the other posters that the flight crew was friendly. No frills airline, but they do offer cheap snacks.
The BKK-SIN fare was US $60 rt which was great at the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.