Wiki Posts
Search

Runs from SNA on DL any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2002, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

Location: Orange County (SNA) CA, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Gold
Runs from SNA on DL any ideas?

Hi folks - Just discovered this great site and could use some help. I'm platinum on DL currently at 87,477 need another 12,523 to requalify - can take at least two trips in Dec - normally fly out of SNA but can do ONT just as easily, any suggestions as to runs that will give max miles? thanks
Old Nov 13, 2002, 5:30 pm

I'm not sure you'd want to do it, but you could fly two trips to TPA, MIA, BOS or JFK/LGA and get anywhere from 10,000 to 12,440, depending on the routing. I was able to get you 12,440 miles (obviously short of your goal) by going from SNA to PWM (Portland, ME), via DFW, MEM and CVG twice. All these trips require a Sat. or 1 day stay, and they would still leave you short of the needed base miles. Go to Expedia.com, then to "fare calendar", restrict your search to DL and play around with various combinations until you get what you need. Looks like you're going to have to take two transcons, then a real short SNA-LAS or some other short haul to put you over the top. Pricing on L or U class fares looked to be anywhere from $286 (SNA to TPA)up to $391 (SNA to PWM) per trip.

Good luck, and remember to look for the 3 and 4 leg combinations on Expedia, and be ready for weird looks and comments like "taking the scenic route today....?"
Old Nov 13, 2002, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for your quick response - After reading the "primers' came up with SNA/SLC/ATL/PBI (Palm Beach, Fl)DFW/SNA for 5,029 and SNA/SLC/JFK/ATL/SNA for 5,253 - will still need to make one more trip though -
Old Nov 13, 2002, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for your quick response - After reading the "primers' came up with SNA/SLC/ATL/PBI (Palm Beach, Fl)DFW/SNA for 5,029 and SNA/SLC/JFK/ATL/SNA for 5,253 - will still need to make one more trip though -
Old Nov 13, 2002, 9:25 pm

Programs: AA PLT; SPG G
If you can get down to SAN, you can start your trip SAN-LAX and go from there.

I had a little trouble getting the DL website to price it and I'm too impatient to try it elsewhere, but I think it's worth a shot.

------------------
...or passengers swim.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.