Cheap DL same-day run to/from ATL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2002, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff

I posted this at the DL forum and figured some of the Mileage Runners here might want to take advantage.

Take advantage of the ATL one-way sale fare combined with triple base miles on shuttle flights. The sale ends tomorrow, so you need to act fast. Here is a sample itinerary for travel on Sat, 11/16. Note that you'd need to purchase this TODAY, as it is a 10-day advance purchase fare.
1) ATL-DCA-LGA-BOS; followed by
2) BOS-LGA-DCA-ATL

You can leave ATL at 630a and be back at 657p that same day. (Or you can be back at 954p if you leave an extra two hours in BOS between the one way trips - which is recommended in case of delays Northbound - remember, you are on two one-way tickets, so your return is not protected if you miss the first leg due to late travel going North).

I price the first one-way at $101 and the second at $95. For $196 and a day on 6 short-haul segments, you get:

1) 7,094 base miles (3,094 + 4,000 in triple base promotion for shuttle segments).

2) 3,094 GM bonus miles

3) 1,000 online booking bonus (500 miles times two)

So you get 11K+ miles (don't forget any check-in bonuses you might take advantage of, plus paying with your DL Amex) for $196. Quite a steal. And if this makes you PM, it's a no-brainer. Also, although you are in coach all day (T fares), 4 out of 6 segments are Shuttle, which is very comfortable Y (plus free Sam Adams!)

I considered a run like this myself, but couldn't get the price to work on days that I am available for travel. You can play with other dates. In fact, weekdays should be fine, so long as you have 10-day advance and you purchase before end of day tomorrow!

Best of luck. Do let us know what you end up doing.

Perhaps I'll copy this over at Mileage Run Forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.