Info help ...

Old Sep 27, 2002, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Info help ...

Is there a place to get a shower or a cheap hotel around NRT? I will arrive NRT on 10/12 at about 4:25 p.m. and depart 10/13 at about 12:25 p.m. I stayed at the Westin Tokyo this past Feb., but, I had the whole weekend to spend (arrived Friday and departed Monday). It took about 2 hours by bus each way from NRT to the hotel because of traffic and the stops to drop off. With less than 24 hours from arrival to departure, I want to stay around the airport. Thanks for your help.

P/s I have the same MR the next weekend - arrive 10/19, depart 10/20.
Old Sep 27, 2002, 1:21 pm

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
Both Shower Rooms and Day Rooms are available at NRT in Psgr Terminal 1, New Central Bld - 3F, World Plaza, Tel. 0476-32-4734.

Rates last time I checked were as follows:

Shower Room - $3.00 US/30 minutes
Day Room (Single) - $5.00/1 hour or $8/1 hour (Twin) - so 8 hours would be $40 for one person - a deal which is hard to beat in TYO. BTW Internet access is also available here for $3.00/30 minutes.

Other reasonable hotel Options include:

1. NRT Airport Holiday Inn - just a short bus ride from the airport - around $75 USD IIRC. I would think that Priority Points would be available at this property, but come to think of it, last time I stayed there, mine never posted. Hmmm... I'll have to check on that!

The HI might be a option to include if a matress run is needed - or via points redemption ??? if a room4free is the goal.

2. NRT Airport Washington Hotel - this one runs around $65 US. (I prefer this one to the HI - for no specific reason, but both properties are OK for a '1 nighter.').

Both of these options are bookable at the Hotel Desk - just outside NRT Customs. Don't know about The Washington - but the HI is also bookable online or via 1-800-HOLIDAY. (Personally, I like to have something booked in advance, so that there are no last minute surprises regarding the rate).

I hope this helps a little. Have a great trip! BTW, welcome to FT; we're glad to have you here.

Just a tiny little suggestion for the newbie, tho: in the future, please be a little more specific re info needed in your title line... you may find that specificity results in better responses as opposed to such a generic posting. Thank you!

[This message has been edited by tvl4free (edited 09-27-2002).]
Old Sep 27, 2002, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

tvl4free,

Thanks a bunch. Your suggestions are well taken.
Old Sep 27, 2002, 3:23 pm

I once had about 6 hours to kill on a NRT connection and took the train to the village/town of Narita. I found it quite interesting and there were a number of good places to eat. I do not know about the hotel situation, but bet there are some that would be more interesting than the airport hotels.
Old Sep 28, 2002, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 70Jaguar:
I once had about 6 hours to kill on a NRT connection and took the train to the village/town of Narita. I found it quite interesting and there were a number of good places to eat. I do not know about the hotel situation, but bet there are some that would be more interesting than the airport hotels.</font>
Thanks for the info. Do you remember how long the train ride was and how much it cost?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.