Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

Memorial Day Mileage Run--Anyone Planning One?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2002, 8:42 pm
Original Poster

I'm looking to do a CO mileage run over Memorial Day--pretty much willing to go anywhere from NYC. Has anyone planned something that weekend or seen decent fares? Everything I look at is only available in full Y and basically sold out already...
Old May 7, 2002, 10:51 pm

I am doing a run/vacation to DCA from SYR. Have you tried Travelocity's Dream Maps?
Old May 7, 2002, 10:54 pm

I'm doing a Mileage Run/Vacation over that weekend on CO. Am flying SFO-IAH-EWR-IAH-OAK. I got the fare for $255 r/t incl taxes.

------------------
SFnFlaGuy

[This message has been edited by SFnFlaGuy (edited 05-07-2002).]
Old May 8, 2002, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Im doing a vacation /run ewr-cle-buf-cle-dtw-ewr
over that weekend.
-howie
Old May 8, 2002, 7:32 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plt
IAD-DFW-STL-YVR on American, then spending the long (U.S.) Memorial Day weekend enjoying the splendors of British Columbia (including a Harbour Air floatplane tour, unless I really splurge and look into a more expensive set of flights on Pacific Coastal because they've got a Grumman Goose flying boat in scheduled service from Port Hardy) before returning on a mirror-image itinerary.

Since I'm also planning to enjoy my share of seafood while I'm up there, should I say I'm going just for the halibut?
Old May 8, 2002, 7:37 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Whistler:

I am not familiar with Travelocity's Dream Maps. What's the "story" and where can I find them on the web site???

Thanks.
Old May 8, 2002, 9:06 am

Programs: Advantage Platinum Pro, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
"Since I'm also planning to enjoy my share of seafood while I'm up there, should I say I'm going just for the halibut?"

I think you can, but if they run out you can't carp about it. But you could try the bass, at least that way you'll stay out of treble. Enjoy.

Happy Travels
Old May 8, 2002, 9:30 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, RC PLT, SPG PLT
Working on a run on AA, DFW-JFK-OAK-JFK-OAK-JFK-DFW. 5/25-27
Old May 8, 2002, 11:24 am

http://dps1.travelocity.com/dreamMap.ctl?Service=TRAVELOCITY&last_pgd_page=ush pdrmp.pgd

or

http://www.travelocity.com and about 1/3 of the way down the right hand side is a link to Dream Maps.

Enter a city chose a price range and it will show you some of the fares that are available from where you are and for what price below your maximum.

[This message has been edited by whistler (edited 05-08-2002).]
Old May 8, 2002, 11:37 am
Original Poster

I can't seem to get the map up on Travelocity--all I get is a red X over the map box. Is this something with my computer or are other people having this problem?
Old May 8, 2002, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hilton, Marriott Rewards,SPG
John,
You may have an issue accessing dream maps on Travelocity if you are connecting to the internet from work.
As a techie I won't go into a long explaination. But suffice to say the dream maps program on Travelocity may be blocked by your company's network or firewall. It uses some non-standard internet protocol ports to draw the map.
Old May 8, 2002, 1:09 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
If my memory serves right, in the past couple of years, all the major airlines ran last minute specials for Memorial Day weekend, July 4th, and Labor Day weekend. I think the special come out one or two weeks before the actual holiday.
Old May 8, 2002, 1:54 pm

Although I am not an American, I am still doing a run from SEA to CLT on that weekend on NW. It's all ticketed and ready to go. Out on Saturday, back on Sunday.
Old May 8, 2002, 4:04 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond
PHX-DTW-MEM-MIA-MEM-MSP-PHX on NW for $151.50. And I'll be silver elite by then, so hopefully most or all segments will be in First. Things will be starting to pay off by then.

I have a trip coming up for work. That combined with two vacations remaining will leave me 309 miles short of gold. And next week's vacation was booked on AA before I became an NW convert. Now I know how Homer Simpson feels.
Old May 8, 2002, 4:07 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond
deleted - dupe. It didn't post quickly, so I posted again. Oops. Sorry.

[This message has been edited by Western Airlines (edited 05-08-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.