Flights to Nowhere...A Question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flights to Nowhere...A Question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2000, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

flew BWI-LAX-LAS-DEN-BWI in a day. When i arrived at BWI the agents there seemed quite accustomed to the idea of pax going transcon and staying in LAS for maybe one hour then going back...
Old Nov 23, 2000, 9:00 pm
MolsonMiler

"Customs officials usually just cock an eyebrow".

I like that one!

[This message has been edited by MolsonMiler (edited 11-23-2000).]

Old Nov 24, 2000, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
A couple of years ago I did a year-end MHT-LGA mileage run. The a/c turned around, and since it was a half-full 19-passenger Fairchild the whole crew recognized me. They had a good laugh.

Funniest one, though, was SIN-PER RT on QF for the OW continents bonus this past summer. My Australian landing card was a bit out of the ordinary: no address in Australia, duration of visit two and a half hours, purpose "other," and so on. The passport control officer asked me why. I explained. He figured I might be crazy but probably wasn't a security threat, so he let me in. Coming back the other way an hour later, the same fellow saw me from the far end of the passport hall. He waved a newspaper in the air and shouted out "Come on over here, so you don't have to explain it again to someone else!"

Can you imagine a passport control officer in ANY other country doing that?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.