Original Poster

Programs: MR Silver
LA: MIA - ASU/EZE US$294 RT sept-dic

Wide open from september to december 10

https://goo.gl/flights/UGa2
Jaimito Cartero and tomasdev like this.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 10:00 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, FM Prem, SPG gold
Was considering ASU, but can't make sense of the AA EQM/EQD. Would this earn nothing for AA?
Old Aug 31, 2017, 10:08 am

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
works into GRU as well
Old Aug 31, 2017, 10:35 am

Programs: DL DM
Hoping SCL or USH opens up
Old Aug 31, 2017, 10:38 am

Looks like LPB is valid, but the times are not very friendly.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by rivlinm
Was considering ASU, but can't make sense of the AA EQM/EQD. Would this earn nothing for AA?
Should be earnings on AA, at the least the options I've found so far. If you click to book with LATAM, it shows you the fare code for each segment, which you can then compare on AA's page here: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...n-airlines.jsp
Old Aug 31, 2017, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by am350
Should be earnings on AA, at the least the options I've found so far. If you click to book with LATAM, it shows you the fare code for each segment, which you can then compare on AA's page here: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...n-airlines.jsp
The flights I selected show LAN Brasil and LAN Paraguay. The AA site says nothing of them...
Old Aug 31, 2017, 11:23 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
The flights I selected show LAN Brasil and LAN Paraguay. The AA site says nothing of them...
believe they earn nothing on Alaska too be careful

I can get this fare to route MIA LIM EZE (credits to alaska) but ONLY LATAM Brazil or LATAM Paraguay on the return .. no mileage for Alaska.

I can also get the return to route EZE SCL MIA on the return but LATAM Brazil on the way there

anybody able to get all LATAM Chile, Peru & Colombia ? major kudos if you can.

Last edited by Mauibaby2008; Aug 31, 2017 at 11:49 am
Old Aug 31, 2017, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Has anyone out there successfully ticketed and traveled on that 3-segment ASU-GRU route back?

On Google flights for MIA-SCL RTs I see it as low as $373, with the NON-STOP do-able on some days on the outbound MIA-SCL. But to get the fare to price out the return has to be that nasty looking 3 segments via ASU and GRU, otherwise +$300 or so. The same search on ITA doesn't turn up that option and prices starting at the higher level.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by RustyC
Has anyone out there successfully ticketed and traveled on that 3-segment ASU-GRU route back?

On Google flights for MIA-SCL RTs I see it as low as $373, with the NON-STOP do-able on some days on the outbound MIA-SCL. But to get the fare to price out the return has to be that nasty looking 3 segments via ASU and GRU, otherwise +$300 or so. The same search on ITA doesn't turn up that option and prices starting at the higher level.
for $293 per person I just booked in December

MIA SCL ASU
ASU SCL MIA

MIA SCL MIA are normal LAN flights that credit to Alaska and probably AA (8,237 flown miles). SCL ASU SCL is LATAM Paraguay which might not credit.

Im really satisfied with what I found. Except for the $160 visa on arrival for ASU. Hopefully I can just hop on a flight to EZE or LIM and not enter Paraguay, no real interest in visiting ...

looks like if you depart ASU within 6 hours no $160 visa required

TWOV (Transit Without Visa)

TWOV is permissible for travellers continuing their trip to a third country by the first or the same connecting plane without leaving the airport provided:

- A tourist card can be issued to those wanting to leave the airport just in case of a night stop; and

- Holding tickets with confirmed reservations; and

- All necessary documents for their onward trip within 6 hours.

Last edited by Mauibaby2008; Aug 31, 2017 at 12:44 pm
Old Aug 31, 2017, 12:40 pm

Programs: DL ✈️
You're the best carldosa!!! my friends will be thrilled.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 12:42 pm

https://www.google.com/flights/?sour...8;r=2017-12-09

$305 next-day turnaround in December for MIA-EZE, on Lan Peru (earns 50% EQM) https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...n-airlines.jsp

Update: prices out at $268 on CheapOAir

Update 2: it earns more than 50%, as some legs are in B fare, I know it says operated by LAN Paraguay, but it's actually the same as lan-airlines for AA mileage (talking from experience.)
Attached Images  

Last edited by tomasdev; Aug 31, 2017 at 12:48 pm
Old Aug 31, 2017, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by tomasdev
but it's actually the same as lan-airlines for AA mileage (talking from experience.)

hmmm, so all LAN credit to AA?

But LAN brazil (and others?) don't credit to AS?
Old Aug 31, 2017, 12:55 pm

hmmm, so all LAN credit to AA?

But LAN brazil (and others?) don't credit to AS?
LATAM flights 1-4999 or something like that credit to Alaska. LATAM Brazil flights are all in the 8000s which earn no credit
Old Aug 31, 2017, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
LATAM flights 1-4999 or something like that credit to Alaska. LATAM Brazil flights are all in the 8000s which earn no credit
Play around with ITA, not the expert on OW here, but with cheapoair you can get it to be flights

JJ 8095
LA 713
LA 725
LA 2466
LA 2460

So I guess MIA-GRU is actually TAM. Not sure about AS but that might be why in the past I have had those flights credited on AA. (Used to be AA Plat before moving to DL)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.