Go Back   > >
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 26, 17, 5:02 pm   #1
Original Poster
  
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 11
DL YYC-HKG $692 USD rtn

Dates in Oct and Nov available on Delta.com
W class Comfort Plus
Seems a decent fare for this route in PE.
7strong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 17, 5:10 pm   #2
  
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: SFO
Programs: AS MVP75K, Marriott/SPG Plat, soon to be ex-UA 1K/AA EXP
Posts: 95
Nice find. YVR-HKG for as low as $604, and PDX/LAS-HKG for $661.
Rowyourboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 17, 5:13 pm   #3
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
  
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 67,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7strong View Post
Dates in Oct and Nov available on Delta.com
W class Comfort Plus
Seems a decent fare for this route in PE.
I don't think this is true Premium Economy, especially in October before the first regularly scheduled A350 flights. It's C+ which on DL books into W class, but they're just coach seats with a few inches of extra legroom and some very minor other perks. Think of this as the equivalent of Y+ on UA.

Still W probably earns extra MQMs, but I haven't checked the rules on this recently.
swingaling likes this.
MSPeconomist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 17, 5:19 pm   #4
  
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: SFO
Programs: AS MVP75K, Marriott/SPG Plat, soon to be ex-UA 1K/AA EXP
Posts: 95
Also seeing SFO-HKG in early Nov for $761.

Agreed that the seat isn't great or even PE, but this earns 125% on FB, which is awesome since you normally earn 125% on ST J fares.
Rowyourboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 17, 5:27 pm   #5
  
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Bangkok and Palm Coast, FL. Exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Posts: 3,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
I don't think this is true Premium Economy, especially in October before the first regularly scheduled A350 flights. It's C+ which on DL books into W class, but they're just coach seats with a few inches of extra legroom and some very minor other perks. Think of this as the equivalent of Y+ on UA.

Still W probably earns extra MQMs, but I haven't checked the rules on this recently.
Correct, it's just the C+ seating. However, DL shows two different earning rates for W fares: as PE it's 150% MQM's and as Delta Comfort+ it's 100%. I'm assuming this one would be 100% for the domestic segments and 150% for the TPAC? If so, then one of these satisfies the DL status match for PLT thru 2/19.
rbAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 17, 5:42 pm   #6
  
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: PVD, BOS
Programs: AA Plat Pro
Posts: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
I don't think this is true Premium Economy, especially in October before the first regularly scheduled A350 flights. It's C+ which on DL books into W class, but they're just coach seats with a few inches of extra legroom and some very minor other perks. Think of this as the equivalent of Y+ on UA.

Still W probably earns extra MQMs, but I haven't checked the rules on this recently.
W earns 150% MQM if it's on a true PE product (on DL codeshares operated by AF, VS and VA). C+ (which also books in W, as you noted), only earns 100% MQM.
swingaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 17, 8:02 pm   #7
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
  
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 67,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbAA View Post
Correct, it's just the C+ seating. However, DL shows two different earning rates for W fares: as PE it's 150% MQM's and as Delta Comfort+ it's 100%. I'm assuming this one would be 100% for the domestic segments and 150% for the TPAC? If so, then one of these satisfies the DL status match for PLT thru 2/19.
You can check details or routes and dates in the DL forum, but IIRC the first A350 enters TPAC service around November 1st and others will be introduced slowly. Unless you're flying the A350 (the only aircraft with Premium Economy service in the near future), it's not genuine PE and shouldn't earn the extra MQMs for the TPAC segments.
MSPeconomist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 17, 9:36 pm   #8
  
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Bangkok and Palm Coast, FL. Exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Posts: 3,769
Thanks.
rbAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 17, 7:19 am   #9
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
  
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 67,782
The first DL A350 routes are ICN, PVG, and PEK, IIRC all from DTW. SEA-HKG will not get genuine PR for a long time.
MSPeconomist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 17, 9:46 pm   #10
  
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Home:HKG/YYZ Business:YVR, YOW, ATL, PVG, PEK, CAN, MNL, SIN
Programs: DL girl's best friend, Lifetime(DL's) SC, AARP, Nexus/GE, APEC(HK)
Posts: 8,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
The first DL A350 routes are ICN, PVG, and PEK, IIRC all from DTW. SEA-HKG will not get genuine PR for a long time.
SEA HKG does not need the range of the A350 so it is an A330, W = Comfort plus extra legroom and recline.

I have a few from YYZ to HKG, Oct Dec this year at around $700 Canadian, upgraded to comfort plus by DL DM status.

I am in HKG now on a J ticket that was less than $3000 Canadian as summer demand for J is very very low.
tentseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump
Contact Us - FlyerTalk - Archive - Top