Reload this Page >

DL YYC-HKG $692 USD rtn

DL YYC-HKG $692 USD rtn

Old Aug 26, 2017, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

DL YYC-HKG $692 USD rtn

Dates in Oct and Nov available on Delta.com
W class Comfort Plus
Seems a decent fare for this route in PE.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA PP, OZ *G, Hyatt Expl, Marriott Gold, Lots of Ex-statuses
Nice find. YVR-HKG for as low as $604, and PDX/LAS-HKG for $661.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 5:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by 7strong
Dates in Oct and Nov available on Delta.com
W class Comfort Plus
Seems a decent fare for this route in PE.
I don't think this is true Premium Economy, especially in October before the first regularly scheduled A350 flights. It's C+ which on DL books into W class, but they're just coach seats with a few inches of extra legroom and some very minor other perks. Think of this as the equivalent of Y+ on UA.

Still W probably earns extra MQMs, but I haven't checked the rules on this recently.
swingaling likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA PP, OZ *G, Hyatt Expl, Marriott Gold, Lots of Ex-statuses
Also seeing SFO-HKG in early Nov for $761.

Agreed that the seat isn't great or even PE, but this earns 125% on FB, which is awesome since you normally earn 125% on ST J fares.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 5:27 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I don't think this is true Premium Economy, especially in October before the first regularly scheduled A350 flights. It's C+ which on DL books into W class, but they're just coach seats with a few inches of extra legroom and some very minor other perks. Think of this as the equivalent of Y+ on UA.

Still W probably earns extra MQMs, but I haven't checked the rules on this recently.
Correct, it's just the C+ seating. However, DL shows two different earning rates for W fares: as PE it's 150% MQM's and as Delta Comfort+ it's 100%. I'm assuming this one would be 100% for the domestic segments and 150% for the TPAC? If so, then one of these satisfies the DL status match for PLT thru 2/19.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP

W earns 150% MQM if it's on a true PE product (on DL codeshares operated by AF, VS and VA). C+ (which also books in W, as you noted), only earns 100% MQM.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 8:02 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by rbAA
Correct, it's just the C+ seating. However, DL shows two different earning rates for W fares: as PE it's 150% MQM's and as Delta Comfort+ it's 100%. I'm assuming this one would be 100% for the domestic segments and 150% for the TPAC? If so, then one of these satisfies the DL status match for PLT thru 2/19.
You can check details or routes and dates in the DL forum, but IIRC the first A350 enters TPAC service around November 1st and others will be introduced slowly. Unless you're flying the A350 (the only aircraft with Premium Economy service in the near future), it's not genuine PE and shouldn't earn the extra MQMs for the TPAC segments.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 9:36 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Thanks.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 7:19 am

The first DL A350 routes are ICN, PVG, and PEK, IIRC all from DTW. SEA-HKG will not get genuine PR for a long time.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
The first DL A350 routes are ICN, PVG, and PEK, IIRC all from DTW. SEA-HKG will not get genuine PR for a long time.
SEA HKG does not need the range of the A350 so it is an A330, W = Comfort plus extra legroom and recline.

I have a few from YYZ to HKG, Oct Dec this year at around $700 Canadian, upgraded to comfort plus by DL DM status.

I am in HKG now on a J ticket that was less than $3000 Canadian as summer demand for J is very very low.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.