Wiki Posts
Search

AM: LIM-PVG $336.67 r/t

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2017, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL ✈️
AM: LIM-PVG $336.67 r/t

eDreams is pricing out LIM-MEX-TIJ-PVG-MEX-LIM at USD 336.67 (AeroMexico web shows $1099)

21326 flown miles at 1.6cpm
Fare R, earns at least 10663 miles in DL + bonus for medallion.

Not sure if that OTA usually honors these. Several dates this year and next year. Try ITA, find the $1099 fare, and using the script generate FareFreaks -> click on eDreams.com

Sample search: https://www.edreams.com/travel/?mktp...ret=2018-02-25

Attached Images  
Old Aug 11, 2017, 11:03 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
I had no idea Aeromexico flew Tijuana to Shanghai
Old Aug 12, 2017, 12:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
eDreams is pretty notorious, buyer beware on this one. You've got a good chance at having your credit card charged for the full fare regardless of what their site is saying.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 1:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, DL GM, AA Plat, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
I had no idea Aeromexico flew Tijuana to Shanghai
Just a tech stop on the outbound due to MEX's altitude.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 9:27 am

Programs: Alaska, American
Originally Posted by redadeco
Just a tech stop on the outbound due to MEX's altitude.
How does altitude require a stop? I am curious as I am not familiar with how this works at all.

I always imagined it had to do with distance more than anything else
Old Aug 21, 2017, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by ec6863
How does altitude require a stop? I am curious as I am not familiar with how this works at all.

I always imagined it had to do with distance more than anything else
It does, but to cover the distance you need to carry enough fuel. But the ground conditions (altitude, temperature etc) may limit the take off weights.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ec6863

I always imagined it had to do with distance more than anything
When an airport is higher altitude or higher temperature, the air is less dense - meaning there are fewer air molecules to push against to generate lift. That means substantially more fuel is required to takeoff. The AOPA ecplains it far better than I can here: https://www.aopa.org/training-and-sa...nsity-altitude

Pilots often casually refer to airports affected by this condition as "hot and high". SLC and DEN in the summer are examples in the US, and MEX qualifies as well...
Old Aug 21, 2017, 3:16 pm

Programs: Alaska, American
Originally Posted by BenA

Pilots often casually refer to airports affected by this condition as "hot and high". SLC and DEN in the summer are examples in the US, and MEX qualifies as well...
Thats super interesting, I thought it was just so far that the Airbus that aeromexico operates are not design for such a long distance thus they had to stop in TIJ.

It also tells me the that new MEX airport, may not make any difference at all when its finished even if they start flying A380s out of it. Im I understanding this right?

All of this tells me that TIJ should rampup and try to get more APAC flights to serve San Diego and the rest of Mexico

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.