Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

UA - IAD-POS $292rt, 3.9 cpm

UA - IAD-POS $292rt, 3.9 cpm

Old Aug 18, 2017, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: National Executive, Hertz 5*, UA Gold, AA Platinum
Talking UA - IAD-POS $292rt, 3.9 cpm

Excellent deal in Sept. IAD-POS, Friday - Sunday, Quick run but 7,500 PQM and 4 segments
Old Aug 18, 2017, 12:43 pm

Programs: Shamelessly Gold at Flying Burrito and AirTrain A+ Elite. Turkish Star Gold, 100k at Flying Eskimo
Originally Posted by Jason Laurie
Excellent deal in Sept. IAD-POS, Friday - Sunday, Quick run but 7,500 PQM and 4 segments
The return of Fatman
Old Aug 18, 2017, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Excellent find. Need 6000 miles to make 2 Million. This will do it. Thanks
Old Aug 19, 2017, 8:34 am

Programs: United MM, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Out of LAX for $343.

Is it an easy day or two there before returning?

Anything to do?
Old Aug 19, 2017, 8:39 am

There is 9/11-9/12 out of LAX.

It arrives POS at 8:15 departs at 12:07 AM. Four hours in the airport.

I'm assuming clear customs and then re-enter through security? Any other requirements?
Old Aug 19, 2017, 6:57 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Search existing POS threads (for example, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals/1583413-ua-ewr-iah-pos-300-3-7cpm-8.html). If your flight arrives on time, there is enough time to go through customs although it is very slow. I spent one day there, there was not much to see. The people there are very poor. It is also not very safe when sun goes down.
Inside airport, there are some shops before customs. Before the security, there is a coffee shop with free wifi. Once inside security, there is not much to entertain yourself. But the security line is not long.
good luck.
Originally Posted by buzglyd
There is 9/11-9/12 out of LAX.

It arrives POS at 8:15 departs at 12:07 AM. Four hours in the airport.

I'm assuming clear customs and then re-enter through security? Any other requirements?

Last edited by Kmxu; Aug 19, 2017 at 7:05 pm
Old Aug 20, 2017, 9:26 am

I appreciate the information.

There are decent fares from SAN-SJU and I don't have to worry about customs.

960,000 Lifetime and counting!
Old Aug 22, 2017, 9:50 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
Originally Posted by Kmxu
Search existing POS threads (for example, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...-3-7cpm-8.html). If your flight arrives on time, there is enough time to go through customs although it is very slow. I spent one day there, there was not much to see. The people there are very poor. It is also not very safe when sun goes down.
Inside airport, there are some shops before customs. Before the security, there is a coffee shop with free wifi. Once inside security, there is not much to entertain yourself. But the security line is not long.
good luck.
Trinidad&Tobago is an oil and natural gas based economy and has a GDP per capita not far from the US. Just FYI.
The crime situation, however, is terrible and is out of hand at this point. The area around the airport has nothing of interest though and it is true that you should not venture out alone.
Make sure to pick up some of the local pepper sauce though, if you like hot food.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 11:52 am

Programs: UA MM, Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt
Sadly, these new flights times are awful. Earlier this year (and in years past), we would fly from Chicago to Newark after work on a Friday evening, and connect in Newark to United's night flight to Trinidad, which arrived at 5:00 am. That afforded time to either easily connect to a flight to another island not serviced by United or spend the day at the Trinidad Hilton and then pick up an evening COPA flight to Panama or elsewhere.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 5:32 pm

Programs: The Marina. Comic Relief. UA 1K and 1MM. MacBook Pro.
I thought we weren't supposed to mention this destination specifically on this forum?
Old Sep 6, 2017, 11:01 am

Programs: UA Gold, DL Silver (thru SPG), SPG plat (lifetime gold), Hilton Silver
IAD - POS

Due to cost containment at my company, I'm finding myself about 8k short for Gold and I usually find myself this short of Plat. As someone who is 6'3" 220, I find the ability to get E+ at booking to be nearly priceless. I do fly out of the country occasionally so paying the $500 for the E+ sub isn't as appealing as it's only per region.

So for $325 + $200 for 2 nights hotel + incidentals (that hopefully don't include being mugged), I'm going out Fri 3 Nov and coming back early Monday 6 Nov.

Anyone have any tips or things that I should see while I'm there? Areas to avoid at all cost?

Anyone feel like joining me?

-k
Old Sep 6, 2017, 11:04 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
Originally Posted by Kilrein
Due to cost containment at my company, I'm finding myself about 8k short for Gold and I usually find myself this short of Plat. As someone who is 6'3" 220, I find the ability to get E+ at booking to be nearly priceless. I do fly out of the country occasionally so paying the $500 for the E+ sub isn't as appealing as it's only per region.

So for $325 + $200 for 2 nights hotel + incidentals (that hopefully don't include being mugged), I'm going out Fri 3 Nov and coming back early Monday 6 Nov.

Anyone have any tips or things that I should see while I'm there? Areas to avoid at all cost?

-k
Shoot me a PM with your interests and I'll see if I can help you. I go to POS frequently and my GF is Trinidadian.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 6:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Kilrein

-k
If you're just looking for the (8k) miles, there are probably much better options at around that price that could let you avoid hotels and/or POS and not take 3 days.

As just a super quick search, I see $330 r/t's to YVR, which would give about 6500 miles in the routing I picked (BWI-SFO-YVR-SFO-ORD-LAX) - https://goo.gl/flights/rJAH. That combined with one quick r/t with 500 miles minimum should be able to get you the miles for under $500.

Last edited by BThumme; Sep 7, 2017 at 6:42 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.