Aa/dl/ac/mu/hx: Us$470-480 yvr/yyz/yul-pvg

Subscribe
Fare war!

DL: via SEA, DTW (some WS codeshares). Delta Comfort (W) is $640 and earns 100+% miles across nearly every program
AA: via DFW, ORD (all 787 routes)
AC: nonstops from YVR/YYZ/YUL, same pricing
MU: only nonstop from YVR
HX: YVR-HKG-PVG
not
Not exactly a fare war. This one has been around for awhile. I am outbound (via ORD) 01/14, returning 01/21 on UA (if any FTs care to join?) Also works from YOW.
Unless you do TWOV you need a Chinese Visa.

Without one of those you won't get on the plane.
They've all introduced these crappy low economy fares that earn 25% miles. Uggh.
Would TWOV apply to YYZ-DTW-PVG-DTW-YYZ arriving in PVG 10/28 at 6:55 PM and leaving PVG 10/29 at 12:30PM? Some places I've looked say 24 hour TWOV does not require country C, but I can't tell for sure. If not, could I travel if I don't plan to leave PVG (ie just spend the night in the airport).
Quote: Some places I've looked say 24 hour TWOV does not require country C, but I can't tell for sure. If not, could I travel if I don't plan to leave PVG (ie just spend the night in the airport).
Hm, where have you looked?

I have not been actively looking, so it's possible that something has changed, but unless something has changed, you will not be allowed to board the plane without a visa or proof of TWOV. Never mind the Chinese, airlines in America don't want to pay the fine ..... and staying at the airport has not been an option in the past.
Quote: Would TWOV apply to YYZ-DTW-PVG-DTW-YYZ arriving in PVG 10/28 at 6:55 PM and leaving PVG 10/29 at 12:30PM? Some places I've looked say 24 hour TWOV does not require country C, but I can't tell for sure. If not, could I travel if I don't plan to leave PVG (ie just spend the night in the airport).
Just get a connection with NRT or ICN and you will be all set.