DL: CMB-AMS-LAX-HNL-OGG-LAX-SAN-LAS O/W $298, 16,257 miles, 1.7cpm

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL: CMB-AMS-LAX-HNL-OGG-LAX-SAN-LAS O/W $298, 16,257 miles, 1.7cpm

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2017, 4:57 pm

Programs: DL DM
Yep. That's what it looked like for me. However after putting in payment info it gives me the error that the price has jumped up by 200k.
Old May 30, 2017, 4:59 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by greycap7
Yep. That's what it looked like for me. However after putting in payment info it gives me the error that the price has jumped up by 200k.
Does it give any other information?
Old May 30, 2017, 5:02 pm

Programs: DL DM, GOES
But what about the RT cost to CMB? Or are there that many FT'ers stationed in SL?
Old May 30, 2017, 5:05 pm
C W

Ahh it's kicking some legs into higher fare classes. This may be because the partner segments aren't returning real time inventory to Delta until you try and book which then proceeds to break the fare.

There are a number of threads on this, although not necessarily specifically with so many partners involved:

DL Price changing on payment attempt

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ange-page.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-checkout.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...it-switch.html

The most common advice is to either book through an OTA which likely won't work here due to complexity or to call Delta. A phone agent may be able to book it, but calling may also kill the deal. Although with how openly it has been discussed here, I think it will be fixed shortly anyway. It would be a pretty fun call to tell the agent each of the 13 segments and hear them price it out
Attached Images  
Old May 30, 2017, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by C W
Does it give any other information?
Nothing. Tried this one, but jumped to 150k from 70k.
Attached Images  
Old May 30, 2017, 5:10 pm
C W

Nothing. Tried this one, but jumped to 150k from 70k.
Like my example, the fare codes have changed on you and the fare is now broken (at least one higher fare code makes other ones go higher too). Seeing if I can do anything about it.
Old May 30, 2017, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by C W
Like my example, the fare codes have changed on you and the fare is now broken (at least one higher fare code makes other ones go higher too). Seeing if I can do anything about it.
So I bought it anyways to see how it would ticket at 150k. Let me know if you need to see screenshots. I'll cancel if I can't get credit to apply to the ticket.
Old May 30, 2017, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by EditingFX
But what about the RT cost to CMB? Or are there that many FT'ers stationed in SL?
Last time I did it, it was about $500 from Europe, and $900 from the US. But that was many moons ago.

Definitely easier if you do separate tickets US-Europe/ME --> CMB. That's just my own two cents, I may be completely out of the loop.

Awesome find, I hope that it sticks around. Sri Lanka is a beautiful place to visit, even for a few days, and going there twice over winter in N.America/Europe would be oh so sweet...
Old May 30, 2017, 5:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
You sir are a genius. Thank you for the screenshots. Booking it right now.
Without a screenshot, we won't believe there's a booking.
Old May 30, 2017, 5:20 pm
C W

So I bought it anyways to see how it would ticket at 150k. Let me know if you need to see screenshots. I'll cancel if I can't get credit to apply to the ticket.
I'm trying to find which segment is breaking the fare. No definitive luck so far, although by eliminating the AMS-BOM-CMB on Jet Airways and just flying KL AMS-CMB it only reprices to about 100k.
Old May 30, 2017, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Ask and ye shall receive. Granted it takes Delta about 30 seconds to open the reservation and its miles long. Hopefully this truncated screenshot will suffice.
Attached Images  
Old May 30, 2017, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by C W
I'm trying to find which segment is breaking the fare. No definitive luck so far, although by eliminating the AMS-BOM-CMB on Jet Airways and just flying KL AMS-CMB it only reprices to about 100k.
I have a feeling it's game over.
Old May 30, 2017, 5:26 pm
C W

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I have a feeling it's game over.
Look at the price

Try changing dates around. I'd refund the 150k one. It obviously can be done with some flexibility.
Attached Images  
Old May 30, 2017, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by C W
Look at the price

Try changing dates around. I'd refund the 150k one. It obviously can be done with some flexibility.
PM'ing you now.
Old May 30, 2017, 5:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Ask and ye shall receive. Granted it takes Delta about 30 seconds to open the reservation and its miles long. Hopefully this truncated screenshot will suffice.
I am really, really jealous. I wish I could get there to position for this.

You should be able to use a Delta global upgrade certificate if you're a diamond for all of the segments except Jet Airways. I'd imagine there is a decent shot of the upgrade clearing for most, if not all of the applicable segment. Even if the upgrade certificate doesn't clear on KLM, KLM agents are pretty notorious for selling upgrades.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.