Go Back   > >

Old May 30, 17, 5:36 pm   #61
C W

Programs: DL PM, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, CSR, VRR NRW Ticket, Eurail Global 1st
In order to generate the bookable CMB-AMS-LAX-HNL-OGG-LAX-SAN-LAS-LAX-BOS-AMS-CMB you simply need to replace DL DL DL DL DL DL with DL DL DL DL in my screenshot of the Matrix parameters.

To find non-broken fares, just adjust the dates. Delta's computers do not have perfect KLM inventory info until they try and book, I believe a KLM outbound on Dec. 2nd was breaking the fare. That's why I tried Nov. 30 departure and it worked. Experiment until you hit a super cheap unbroken fare, it's worth your time.
C W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 17, 5:41 pm   #62
C W

Programs: DL PM, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, CSR, VRR NRW Ticket, Eurail Global 1st
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider View Post
I am really, really jealous. I wish I could get there to position for this.

You should be able to use a Delta global upgrade certificate if you're a diamond for all of the segments except Jet Airways. I'd imagine there is a decent shot of the upgrade clearing for most, if not all of the applicable segment. Even if the upgrade certificate doesn't clear on KLM, KLM agents are pretty notorious for selling upgrades.
Position once and then do 2-4 in a row. Diamond in one mega-run

I have no idea what Delta considers the destination on this, maybe LAS? So I don't know how many segments a GUC would apply to. Even just getting CMB-AMS-LAX would be fantastic though. For very odd tickets like this Delta's computers can think the destination is something weird. Once I flew DUS-AMS-PDX-LAX-AMS-DUS on a mileage run and was in PDX for 22 hours and LAX for 4 hours but Delta's computers insisted I had a RT to LAX and the agents had to manually override to check my bag to PDX.

Edit: My Online Itinerary says it's a CMB-HNL round trip. Considering above experience though, I wouldn't count on that 100%.
Old May 30, 17, 5:52 pm   #63

I got it to ticket at 73163 LKR.

33751 mqm before bonus.

1565 miles earned before bonus

313 mqd
FlyerJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 17, 5:53 pm   #64

Programs: DL DM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerJudd View Post

33751 mqm before bonus.

313 mqd
Dates?
greycap7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 17, 5:54 pm   #65
C W

Quote:

33751 mqm before bonus.

313 mqd
Congrats, enjoy!!

Did your include any segments on Jet Airways or only DL and KL?
Old May 30, 17, 5:54 pm   #66

If I tried to ticket anything with a stopover the price went up, EXCEPT LAS. Doesn't that mean it's a round trip to LAS?
Old May 30, 17, 5:56 pm   #67
C W

Quote:
If I tried to ticket anything with a stopover the price went up, EXCEPT LAS. Doesn't that mean it's a round trip to LAS?
Not necessarily since there are some free stopovers allowed in the fare rules. Of course that doesn't mean you can successfully price them in, but it also means that LAS isn't necessarily the destination. I really couldn't tell you anything except what I already have with regards to that.
Old May 30, 17, 5:57 pm   #68

Programs: DL,EK
I tried to book CMB-AMS-DTW-LAS and the best connections (earlier flights) were listing at 79,618 in Matrix. DL would not book it that way... wanted 2x the fare. So I get to Vegas now at 11:30pm. Do you think calling DL is a good idea to try to fix this and get it a bit earlier? Finally got it done at 96K Rupees but long connection times.

I ticketed it a few minutes ago.

Last edited by DesertNomad; May 30, 17 at 6:02 pm
DesertNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 17, 6:00 pm   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by C W View Post
Congrats, enjoy!!

Did your include any segments on Jet Airways or only DL and KL?
I didn't play around too much with routing because I just wanted to see if it would ticket before all the trouble. I will rebook with layovers in OGG, HNL, AMS if possible. 👍

----

Thu, 30NOV DEPART ARRIVE
DELTA AIR LINES INC 8209*
MAIN CABIN (U)
COLOMBO, SRI LANKA
1:50am
AMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS
8:20am
DELTA AIR LINES INC 9378*
MAIN CABIN (U)
AMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS
9:50am
LOS ANGELES, CA
11:50am
DELTA AIR LINES INC 1219
MAIN CABIN (U)
LOS ANGELES, CA
3:55pm
KAHULUI, HI
7:50pm
Fri, 01DEC DEPART ARRIVE
DELTA AIR LINES INC 6851*
MAIN CABIN (U)
KAHULUI, HI
2:51pm
HONOLULU, HI
3:31pm
DELTA AIR LINES INC 1212
MAIN CABIN (U)
HONOLULU, HI
9:35pm
LOS ANGELES, CA
5:05am
**Sat 02DEC
Sat, 02DEC DEPART ARRIVE
DELTA AIR LINES INC 5793*
MAIN CABIN (U)
LOS ANGELES, CA
7:15am
LAS VEGAS, NV
8:25am
Mon, 04DEC DEPART ARRIVE
DELTA AIR LINES INC 1332
MAIN CABIN (U)
LAS VEGAS, NV
6:20am
LOS ANGELES, CA
7:31am
DELTA AIR LINES INC 1196
MAIN CABIN (U)
LOS ANGELES, CA
8:35am
KAHULUI, HI
12:30pm
Tue, 05DEC DEPART ARRIVE
DELTA AIR LINES INC 6815*
MAIN CABIN (U)
KAHULUI, HI
8:14am
HONOLULU, HI
8:52am
DELTA AIR LINES INC 1212
MAIN CABIN (U)
HONOLULU, HI
9:35pm
LOS ANGELES, CA
5:05am
**Wed 06DEC
Wed, 06DEC DEPART ARRIVE
DELTA AIR LINES INC 4405*
MAINU
LOS ANGELES, CA
9:00pm
LONDON-HEATHROW
3:10pm
**Thu 07DEC
Thu, 07DEC DEPART ARRIVE
DELTA AIR LINES INC 7562*
MAIN CABIN (U)
LONDON-HEATHROW
9:05pm
MUMBAI, INDIA
11:25am
**Fri 08DEC
Fri, 08DEC DEPART ARRIVE
DELTA AIR LINES INC 7590*
MAIN CABIN (U)
MUMBAI, INDIA
5:45pm
COLOMBO, SRI LANKA
8:25pm
**Arrival date is different than departure date.
*Flight 8209 Operated by KLM ROYAL DUTCH AIRLINES As KL Flt 874
*Flight 9378 Operated by KLM ROYAL DUTCH AIRLINES As KL Flt 601
*Flight 6851 Operated by HAWAIIAN AIRLINES, INC. As HA Flt 125
*Flight 5793 Operated by COMPASS DBA DELTA CONNECTION
*Flight 6815 Operated by HAWAIIAN AIRLINES, INC. As HA Flt 155
*Flight 4405 Operated by VIRGIN ATLANTIC AIRWAYS LIMITED As VS Flt 24
*Flight 7562 Operated by JET AIRWAYS (INDIA) LIMITED As 9W Flt 117
*Flight 7590 Operated by JET AIRWAYS (INDIA) LIMITED As 9W Flt 252
Old May 30, 17, 6:01 pm   #70
C W

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertNomad View Post
I tried to book CMB-AMS-DTW-LAS and the best connections (earlier flights) were listing at 79,618 in Matrix. DL would not book it that way... wanted 2x the fare. So I get to Vegas now at 11:30pm. Do you think calling DL is a good idea to try to fix this and get it a bit earlier?

I ticketed it a few minutes ago.
Is CMB-AMS-DTW-LAS your entire trip or do you have a return as well. 80k is a lot as I got CMB-AMS-LAX-HNL-OGG-LAX-SAN-LAS-LAX-BOS-AMS-CMB to ticket for 67k.

I think calling is fine, you'd have to call to cancel and rebook anyway as you can't cancel this itinerary online. I already had to call to cancel mine and this is already quite exposed from this thread. It's just quirky fare rules, not fuel dumping or something more sinister.
Old May 30, 17, 6:02 pm   #71

Now I need to find a lookalike to go sit in coach for a week so I can get the mqm.
Old May 30, 17, 6:02 pm   #72
C W

Quote:
I didn't play around too much with routing because I just wanted to see if it would ticket before all the trouble. I will rebook with layovers in OGG, HNL, AMS if possible. 👍...
Very nice! You managed to get the Jet Airways segments in there!
Old May 30, 17, 6:04 pm   #73

Programs: DL,EK
Quote:
Originally Posted by C W View Post
Is CMB-AMS-DTW-LAS your entire trip or do you have a return as well. 80k is a lot as I got CMB-AMS-LAX-HNL-OGG-LAX-SAN-LAS-LAX-BOS-AMS-CMB to ticket for 67k.

I think calling is fine, you'd have to call to cancel and rebook anyway as you can't cancel this itinerary online. I already had to call to cancel mine and this is already quite exposed from this thread. It's just quirky fare rules, not fuel dumping or something more sinister.
Mine is in March and I am already going to be in India so this is a cheap way home (I live in Reno). I see no reason to book a trip back to CMB. Also - mine is for two people so cut the miles in half. I would not mind a return in June but I can't ticket that far out.

Last edited by DesertNomad; May 30, 17 at 6:13 pm
DesertNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 17, 6:12 pm   #74
C W

Quote:
Mine is in March and I am already going to be in India so this is a cheap way home (I live in Reno). I see no reason to book a trip back to CMB.
I'd be interested to see your Matrix parameters, as I am not getting good results in March. However, OP's routing terminated in LAS for less than half of what you paid and a cursory examination with Google flights suggests the base fares that make that possible are available in that time frame. I would dig deeper and I think you can cut your cost in half.
Old May 30, 17, 6:13 pm   #75
C W

Quote:
Mine is in March and I am already going to be in India so this is a cheap way home (I live in Reno). I see no reason to book a trip back to CMB. Also - mine is for two people so cut the miles in half. I would not mind a return in June but I can't ticket that far out.
Do you mean cut the price in half? If so, you got the a good price.