Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC: SAN-NGO from $390.77

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2017, 10:36 am
Original Poster

AC: SAN-NGO from $390.77

It appears to be a glitch on Orbitz. If you search for it on Google flights it's $476. Booking through Expedia, Air Canada, Priceline and that's the price. On Orbitz though, it's $390.77. Even when you look at the flexible dates calendar on Orbitz, it's $476. When you select that date and the fare comes up it's $390.77. It seems somewhat sporadic. I can select the fare and it comes up $760. I hit refresh and it can come up $390.77. Sometimes I have to hit refresh a few times. Mostly it's routed SAN-YVR-NGO. Sometimes SAN-SFO-YVR-NGO or SAN-YYZ-YVR-NGO pop up for the same price. Obviously for a mileage run you want the Toronto routing.

Either at $390 or $476 it's a good fare ex non hub San Diego.

Sample date that works is 9/4 - 9/12. I've found dates from July through October.
Old May 21, 2017, 11:51 am
Used to be highman123

Nagoya has been cheap for some reason from several West Coast departure airports the last 10 days or so.
Old May 21, 2017, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Beware: YVR-NGO is operated by Rouge.
Old May 21, 2017, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Boogie711
Beware: YVR-NGO is operated by Rouge.
Is Rouge really that bad? I've read a lot of the reviews but many of them complain about things like their buns weren't hot with their meal or that there wasn't a linen table cloth on their tray. I put those reviews in the same cateory as hotel reviews complaining about the toiletries or how the edge of the toilet paper isn't folded into a triangle.

Looking at the specs, this is a 767-300 so has the 30" seat pitch. That's 1" shy of many airlines but I can spare an 1" in legroom. Worst case, take out the magazines to get much of that back. I really don't care about the quality of the food or the entertainment. I can deal with that myself. All I really care about is that the plane gets there, I can sit reasonably comfortably and that there's a toilet to use.
Old May 21, 2017, 4:26 pm

Wow, this is pretty good actually. Books into K which earns 50% RDM and 100% PQM on UA.

Keep in mind, this fare only earns 25% PQM on UA for flights within Canada, so if you do choose a routing that includes YYZ-YVR or YVR-YYZ that segment will only get 25% (~500 PQM). Still doesn't kill the deal, but if you are doing it for mileage run purposes, you may want to consider that.

Great find, thanks for posting, Will be booking to go in October...

-IR

Last edited by irelayer; May 21, 2017 at 4:33 pm
Old May 21, 2017, 5:13 pm

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan, Delta Medallion
Originally Posted by strandedintokyo
Is Rouge really that bad? I've read a lot of the reviews but many of them complain about things like their buns weren't hot with their meal or that there wasn't a linen table cloth on their tray. I put those reviews in the same cateory as hotel reviews complaining about the toiletries or how the edge of the toilet paper isn't folded into a triangle.

Looking at the specs, this is a 767-300 so has the 30" seat pitch. That's 1" shy of many airlines but I can spare an 1" in legroom. Worst case, take out the magazines to get much of that back. I really don't care about the quality of the food or the entertainment. I can deal with that myself. All I really care about is that the plane gets there, I can sit reasonably comfortably and that there's a toilet to use.
Yes it is that bad lol 30" pitch is being generous. It's better then the A319, but it's a very uncomfortable ride if you're taller then 5'9"!
Old May 21, 2017, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyingFelix
Yes it is that bad lol 30" pitch is being generous. It's better then the A319, but it's a very uncomfortable ride if you're taller then 5'9"!
I looked up some video reviews of the Rouge Vancouver to Japan run. It doesn't look that bad at all. Yes the seats look a bit tighter than on other airlines but not so bad. I've been on worse.
Old May 22, 2017, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by strandedintokyo
I looked up some video reviews of the Rouge Vancouver to Japan run. It doesn't look that bad at all. Yes the seats look a bit tighter than on other airlines but not so bad. I've been on worse.
OK - you asked, you got an answer, you choose to ignore the answer.

Have fun.
Old May 23, 2017, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Boogie711
OK - you asked, you got an answer, you choose to ignore the answer.

Have fun.
Oh you're so sweet! I will.
Old May 23, 2017, 2:34 pm

I've flown Rouge, Montreal to Athens. Yes it sucks and a 30" seat pitch is a huge deal - especially for that long a distance to Japan. I would consider China Eastern before Rouge for cut-rate fares to Asia.
Old May 25, 2017, 2:59 pm

please try Rouge and you will know how painful to seat in those narrow seats
Old May 26, 2017, 12:53 am

Programs: Once upon a time...
I booked this fare for July last week. It's back again if anyone missed jumping on it.
Old May 26, 2017, 8:04 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Global Entry
I flew Rouge YVR-HNL before and would strongly suggest getting one of the exit row seats or something.
Old May 29, 2017, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Great fare, but at 6'3" there is no way I'm flying in those seats. I'd spend two days in Japan recovering, killing any fun to be had on a short trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.