UA: BOS-Xian, China from $475 aug-dec

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2017, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist

I just saw that Secret Flying posted a deal from Boston to Xian, China. Dates available from end of August onwards.

Clicking through Momondo to search for flights, and then going to a 3rd party site to purchase I can get a flight for the dates I want for $473 on United metal BOS-SFO-XIY same on the return. Same dates/flights on UA site are significantly higher.

I have never booked through a 3rd party site before. I can't see the fare class booked into. Anyone know how these fares work? Are they wholesale/consolidator fares? Are the eligible for PQMs/PQDs?
Old May 21, 2017, 10:09 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
If they are considered bulk fares, they will be ineligible for PQD (you will still get regular PQM; I think RDM are still calculated based on the $$ you spent).
Old May 21, 2017, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
If they are considered bulk fares, they will be ineligible for PQD (you will still get regular PQM; I think RDM are still calculated based on the $$ you spent).
I can live without the PQDs but I want the PQMs for getting to 1K status. I am slow in achieving PQMs this year, so need to add a couple of longer flights to my plans!
Old May 21, 2017, 1:14 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 2MM, AA ExPlt
I doubt it is a bulk fare, but if it is, they earn RDM via a separate, mileage based formula.
https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/Mar...es/united.aspx
Old May 21, 2017, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

I wish I was an expert on this type of stuff! I have figured out the the fare is an GLE03NMD TYPE FARE

Anyone know how to decipher this? If I purchase via a 3rd party site such as Vayama, will I accrue PQMs on United airlines?
Old May 21, 2017, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cliburn
I doubt it is a bulk fare, but if it is, they earn RDM via a separate, mileage based formula.
https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/Mar...es/united.aspx
I'm not too concerned about the RDMs or the PQDs, it is more the premier qualifying miles that I want. Plus, I really want to go see the Terracotta Warriors and this is a decent fare... but I don't want to purchase it if I don't get PQMs!
Old May 21, 2017, 2:16 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 2MM, AA ExPlt
Looks like it is a G fare operated by UA, so it should earn PQMs at 100% of miles flown.
Old May 21, 2017, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cliburn
Looks like it is a G fare operated by UA, so it should earn PQMs at 100% of miles flown.
Thanks!
Old May 21, 2017, 10:17 pm

Replicated on Google Flights
https://goo.gl/flights/lMO2
Old May 22, 2017, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA Plat (1MM), AA Plat, HH Diamond, MR Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat.
Nov/Dec dates

Anybody had any luck with Nov or Dec dates?
Old May 22, 2017, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I wish some of the non-star alliance carriers would copy all the fares AC & UA have been filing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.