Go Back   > >
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 7, 17, 3:27 am   #1
Original Poster
  
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1
BA: LAX to Austria for $436 Round Trip!

Found this awesome deal. Here is the link:

http://www.momondo.com/flightsearch/...false&NA=false

The booking is good from November 2017 to March 2018. Happy travels!

Last edited by Pat89339; May 7, 17 at 1:20 pm Reason: TOS 7 and 10
davidjdangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 17, 12:03 pm   #2
  
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: LAS based - Home is worldwide
Programs: OneWorld Emeralds, Star Gold, SkyTeam Silver, VIP Car Renter, Hotel Elite
Posts: 7,055
Welcome to FlyerTalk, davidjdangelo. A great first post.

It looks like O across the pond and S intra-Europe with an OTA discount via Momondo. You may also try booking direct with BA using AARP or FoundersCard discount combnined with BA Visa Cardofferu for additional savings.
Mrp Alert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 17, 5:30 pm   #3
  
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: san francisco.
Programs: *W Gold, OW Sapphire
Posts: 1,388
AARP has produced no difference in price recently and BA cardofferu only good thur 12.31.17

BTW, davidjdangelo, like-wise, nice first post and welcome to Flyertalk!
tattikat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 17, 6:18 pm   #4
  
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ORD
Programs: AA PLT
Posts: 122
Thanks!

Great fare. Best part is that you can book AA flight numbers on BA metal and you can get the price as a Special Fare!
trapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 17, 10:19 pm   #5
  
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: AMS / SFO
Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, UA Silver
Posts: 1,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by trapped View Post
Great fare. Best part is that you can book AA flight numbers on BA metal and you can get the price as a Special Fare!
How do you get that to work?
olouie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 17, 11:54 am   #6
  
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: TPA
Programs: AA Plat; Marriott Silver
Posts: 2,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by trapped View Post
Great fare. Best part is that you can book AA flight numbers on BA metal and you can get the price as a Special Fare!
Quote:
Originally Posted by olouie View Post
How do you get that to work?
The only guaranteed way is to use AAVacations. You'd need to search there and hope you can find a similar bargain. Which is certainly a possibility.
SpammersAreScum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 17, 2:24 pm   #7
  
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: AMS / SFO
Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, UA Silver
Posts: 1,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum View Post
The only guaranteed way is to use AAVacations. You'd need to search there and hope you can find a similar bargain. Which is certainly a possibility.
How do flights booked through AA with AA flight numbers, but BA operated get calculated? From reading the AA pages, its unclear if it is revenue based or based on partners fare class.
olouie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 17, 11:35 am   #8
  
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: TPA
Programs: AA Plat; Marriott Silver
Posts: 2,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by olouie View Post
How do flights booked through AA with AA flight numbers, but BA operated get calculated? From reading the AA pages, its unclear if it is revenue based or based on partners fare class.
If your ticket has an "AA" flight number, it is called "AA-marketed", and the AA page applies* regardless of the operator.

The same is true of the OneWorld partners -- "marketed" determines which page, not "operated", and not which airline you booked through or bought from.

* Except, I should note, if the ticket falls into one of the Special Fares categories such as AAVacations, in which case it uses that page.

Last edited by SpammersAreScum; May 12, 17 at 11:38 am Reason: Added Special Fares note
SpammersAreScum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 17, 7:49 pm   #9
  
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Upper U.S.
Programs: AA EXP x 1.5, DL GM, JB, HH GLD
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum View Post
If your ticket has an "AA" flight number, it is called "AA-marketed", and the AA page applies* regardless of the operator.

The same is true of the OneWorld partners -- "marketed" determines which page, not "operated", and not which airline you booked through or bought from.

* Except, I should note, if the ticket falls into one of the Special Fares categories such as AAVacations, in which case it uses that page.

On the AA Special Fares page, what exactly does the phrase "EQDs per mile flown," mean, and how is it calculated? Does it mean that EQDs are awarded based upon a percentage of actual air miles flown, or is this a reduced percentage of the amount of EQDs that would ordinarily accrue based on the fare purchase price?
Flyerhandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 17, 10:04 pm   #10
  
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: TPA
Programs: AA Plat; Marriott Silver
Posts: 2,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerhandle View Post
On the AA Special Fares page, what exactly does the phrase "EQDs per mile flown," mean, and how is it calculated? Does it mean that EQDs are awarded based upon a percentage of actual air miles flown, or is this a reduced percentage of the amount of EQDs that would ordinarily accrue based on the fare purchase price?
It's the former. As with partner-marketed flights, what you paid has no bearing on the EQD earned.
SpammersAreScum is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump
Contact Us - FlyerTalk - Archive - Top