Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA: BOS-HKG, 19775 miles, $672, 3.4 cpm, May

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2017, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mdd100
I should book one of these for myself. Any know what the most exotic/longest AAvacation destinations are?
Well first off, my apologies to anybody who's clicking on this thread hoping this deal is still around, cause it's dead and we're pretty far off topic now.

As for the AAVacation situation, it doesn't seem like anybody knows what the best options are. Used to be that the big European hubs (CDG/LHR/FRA/etc.) had killer deals that were quite a bit cheaper than the tickets themselves, but that doesn't seem to be the case right now. My own approach these days is that I'll look over all the deals in this forum and the "good deals in econ" thread and if I see a trip I'd like to take (I'll never do a "pure" MR, long story/don't ask) I'll peek at it on both AAV and the Chase travel portal (where you can sometimes buy "consolidator tickets" that earn on the same special fares chart) to see if it works that way. I also typically try permutations of those deals from my own airport (COU) and those close by (MCI,STL,ORD) and sometimes I'll hit on something really good. Not usually though...this is a game of large numbers. My recommendation is any time you want to book something you go ahead and check AAV too. Never know when it'll pay out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.