Programs: AA Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz President
AA/BA: GRU-ORY w/ JFK Stopover, $650

Wide open from June through early 2017
Old Apr 27, 2017, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by chrish09
Wide open from June through early 2017
Do you really mean "stopover," or do you mean "connection"?
Old Apr 27, 2017, 7:54 pm

Programs: AA PLT, United, IHG PLT, SPG, HHonors
These deals between Brazil and Europe with stopovers in JFK or MIA are offered quite often. Last year I was able to do it in business for about $1700, but unfortunately this year I can only see the "deals" in Y. What happened to prices out of Brazil? very high this year compared to a year ago. Flying non-stop from GRU/GIG 2 Europe is over $1000 in Y.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by sobe_dude
These deals between Brazil and Europe with stopovers in JFK or MIA are offered quite often. Last year I was able to do it in business for about $1700, but unfortunately this year I can only see the "deals" in Y. What happened to prices out of Brazil? very high this year compared to a year ago. Flying non-stop from GRU/GIG 2 Europe is over $1000 in Y.
Last year the exchange rate between BRL and USD went up to 1 USD = 4,20 BRL. This year the exchange rate came down to 1 USD = 3,10 BRL. IMHO last year there was more offers (specially in USD) to fill up the planes. This year there is probably more demand, so the prices went up.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz President
Originally Posted by guv1976
Do you really mean "stopover," or do you mean "connection"?
@guv1976 Stopover. Im sure you can figure out how to change to multi-city

@sobe_dude Adriano is right, currency/economic demand/better offers last year made for some great prices. AA also cut some routes, so now the planes are filling up and therefore prices have gone along with it!

Last year I flew this route, but to LHR, for about the same price - but it was all on AA so I could use SWUs
Old Apr 28, 2017, 9:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Plus last year many people were afraid of Zika...
Old Apr 28, 2017, 10:06 am

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
There are still deals available in the other direction (Europe-GRU-Europe) via the US for about $2K in business and between $700 and $1K in Y, including stopover in the US. Look at Delta.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by Adriano(SP)
Last year the exchange rate between BRL and USD went up to 1 USD = 4,20 BRL. This year the exchange rate came down to 1 USD = 3,10 BRL. IMHO last year there was more offers (specially in USD) to fill up the planes. This year there is probably more demand, so the prices went up.
I am aware of the current exchange rate. While I'm happy for my brazilian friends, it sucks for me. Brazil is no longer the bargain it used to be last year. I was going to Brazil twice a year in 2015 and 2016, but not going to Brazil this year.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by drminn
There are still deals available in the other direction (Europe-GRU-Europe) via the US for about $2K in business and between $700 and $1K in Y, including stopover in the US. Look at Delta.
I hope American will start to match Delta prices in business. I'm based in MIA, so I prefer flying AA with stopovers in MIA. AA offers deals in Y, but when you are 6'3" it is not very comfortable to fly in Y on those long flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.