Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

DL: LGA-DAD $628 August/September (3.3cpm)

Old Mar 19, 2017, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat

Just came across this:

LGA-ATL-ICN-DAD
DAD-ICN-ATL-LGA

Total MQM: 18,747
CPM: 3.3 CPM
Books into V Class

Same Google Flight: https://goo.gl/flights/g1HH
Old Mar 19, 2017, 8:21 pm

Additional gateways for Aug/Sep
DL/KE SEA-DAD-SEA $598 r/t
DL/KE ORD-DAD-ORD $647 r/t
Old Mar 19, 2017, 11:57 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Also available to SGN on the DL 747 from DTW-ICN before it retires! https://goo.gl/flights/X1Ak
Old Mar 20, 2017, 2:54 am

Programs: A3 *Gold, AA Plat, AB Plat, Hilton Dia
DAD = Đŕ Nẵng

a city in central Vietnam

for those of you who are as clueless as I am...
Old Mar 20, 2017, 5:35 am

If you go, skip Da Nang and get a taxi about 1hr south and stay in Hoi An. Wonderful place!
Old Mar 20, 2017, 8:15 am

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Emerald Club Exec
Thanks for posting. This is really tempting. I've never been to Vietnam and would love to visit someplace new.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 1:24 pm

A couple quick questions:

1) Can you stay airside without going through customs/immigration in either DAD or SGN?
2) Assuming you will still need a visa to board the flight, regardless of the answer to #1 correct? #1 matters more for timing to make the return flight 90 minutes later.

Thanks!
Old Mar 20, 2017, 6:43 pm

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Emerald Club Exec
Note - the fares are also available in October and November if you wish to visit during months that are a bit cooler.

I booked this and I'm looking forward to the trip.

Thanks OP!

And I'm taking largeeyes' advice and heading to Hoi An. Thanks!
Old Mar 20, 2017, 7:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
HOI-AN is incredible enjoy but skip Da Nang.

Our German Berliner freund/friend Largeeyes is 100 % correct. HOI-AN is incredible enjoy - skip Da Nang.

HOI-AN Decent/Nice Hotels - Great (sea) Food.

Originally Posted by dburns
1) Can you stay airside without going through customs/immigration in either DAD or SGN?
2) Assuming you will still need a visa to board the flight, regardless of the answer to #1 correct? #1 matters more for timing to make the return flight 90 minutes later.Thanks!
RU NUTS ? However, in case you are serious , the Korean Airlines flight you arrive on is the same airplane you depart on 90 minutes later.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Mar 20, 2017 at 8:10 pm
Old Mar 20, 2017, 9:41 pm

Programs: Plat AA; UA Gold; Virtuoso Advisor; Marriott Stars; Hyatt Privr; Fairmont
The Intercontinental in DAD is pretty nice - the monkeys are cool too so give Da Nang a chance if you have been to Hoi An before
Old Mar 20, 2017, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by CometEE
The Intercontinental in DAD is pretty nice - the monkeys are cool too so give Da Nang a chance if you have been to Hoi An before
I only have 4 nights so I have been looking only at Hoi An. However, while browsing hotels I did see the DAD ICH listed. It caught my eye since I have a free weekend night available to use. It looks like a cool hotel.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
Our German Berliner freund/friend Largeeyes is 100 % correct. HOI-AN is incredible enjoy - skip Da Nang.

HOI-AN Decent/Nice Hotels - Great (sea) Food.

RU NUTS ? However, in case you are serious , the Korean Airlines flight you arrive on is the same airplane you depart on 90 minutes later.
I still have facebook friends of a farming family we met on the beach there who invited to sit and drink beer and rice wine with them. I don't understand a thing they post, but we hope to meet up with them again. They wanted us to come back to their farm with them, like 25km away. It was a tricky enough bike ride back to our hotel! What a trip!

Enjoy a "local/fresh beer" for me. And perhaps a bucket.

Ah man, I need to get back there.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT

2) Assuming you will still need a visa to board the flight, regardless of the answer to #1 correct? #1 matters more for timing to make the return flight 90 minutes later.

Thanks!
I'm in SGN right now and heading to DAD today.

You can't board a flight to Vietnam without proving a visa or you have the visa approval letter printed out. You must pay an agency online to get the visa approval letter. In theory you could board the flight to SGN with the visa approval letter, get here and then go through the "transfers" section to get back on the plane to ICN. However, there's likely to be eyes raised at this. I wouldn't recommend it.

I'm flying to DAD today but also decided to stay in Hoi An instead of Da Nang proper. I hear it's beautiful there.

-RM
Old Mar 23, 2017, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
I'm in SGN right now and heading to DAD today.

You can't board a flight to Vietnam without proving a visa or you have the visa approval letter printed out. You must pay an agency online to get the visa approval letter. In theory you could board the flight to SGN with the visa approval letter, get here and then go through the "transfers" section to get back on the plane to ICN. However, there's likely to be eyes raised at this. I wouldn't recommend it.

I'm flying to DAD today but also decided to stay in Hoi An instead of Da Nang proper. I hear it's beautiful there.

-RM
Thanks -- I was serious about this. I know someone posted earlier I might not be, but people do mileage runs to SIN all the time, and stay for just a couple hours. This would be no different. Just looking for good CPM runs
Old Mar 23, 2017, 6:22 pm

Thanks -- I was serious about this. I know someone posted earlier I might not be, but people do mileage runs to SIN all the time, and stay for just a couple hours. This would be no different. Just looking for good CPM runs
No worries. I've done my share of Singapore runs, stayed 5 or 6 hours in an awesome airport and returned home . I've also actually visited Singapore and stayed a bit. I totally get it.

Vietnam is a first for me so I'll be staying and visiting. The airfare is great so any miles are just icing on the cake. The last leg is on KE. I've never flown KE. Do you actually earn miles for those legs?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.