Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

DL/AA - TYO to US Gateways $264 r/t Y Class

DL/AA - TYO to US Gateways $264 r/t Y Class

Old Mar 29, 2017, 9:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Call Priceline again and tell them they have canceled your reservation without any reason and now you are stuck in Japan.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:15 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by lifeisart
Does anyone know where the original thread is? I can't find it ....

I booked a flight on Jan 4. I arrived at the airport today and turns out Priceline canceled it so AA couldn't even find me in the system until I gave my ticket number. I called Priceline since AA said I needed them to reinstate it ... the Priceline agent was careful to say it was "voided" but then said "someone on the website canceled it" but "definitely not Priceline or the airline." I said it could not have been me (as I needed a ticket back from Asia during this time and I had planned to see family right after), and the agent said, well, has to be someone who can cancel on the website. Well, guess what I found, hidden through a link in a generic "flight change" email showed that Priceline themselves canceled the flight. The agent lied, although I believe the customer service agents don't have full information and aren't empowered to do much anyway.

Regardless, now that I am officially stranded in Japan (given that I am American) and my flight (the last flight of the day to the US besides to Hawaii) has already left, I need to sort out my own ticket asap. I don't trust that Priceline will fix this at all, at least not in the very short timeframe of trying to leave asap tomorrow.

Wondering if anyone else had their tickets canceled? Was hoping to find the original thread so I can see if anyone had similar reports.

Thanks!
I hope you booked with a credit card which offers travel insurance.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:44 am

Programs: Skyteam
Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
I hope you have coverage.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 11:11 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Delta Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
I booked it with Sapphire. But how would it work if I did get an email from Priceline saying they canceled it? The email subject looks like all the other generic messages Priceline sends me (like for a flight change or an upgrade) and you only see which reservation (I hold multiple Priceline tickets to different destinations in my account) once you click through a link. They don't make it explicitly clear and obvious from the onstart something happened to my ticket, but I can see Priceline arguing that they did tell me about this. I never once had to make sure that tickets that I booked went through/weren't canceled. It's such a strange and rare case in all my years of flying, that a ticket would be canceled after I booked it.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 11:17 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Delta Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by fedechat
Call Priceline again and tell them they have canceled your reservation without any reason and now you are stuck in Japan.

I did but the agent suggested I canceled it (or someone with access to my account). She ended the conversation saying there is nothing that could be done because it was voided (which is different from cancel, it mean it wasn't valid to begin with, but she also used "cancel" when used to describe what must have happened to the ticket, as in 'someone canceled it on the website'). AA couldn't do anything because I wasn't even on their flight manifest, and it is up to Priceline to reinstate.

I feel like this is slimy way for Priceline to not honor a ticket they didn't want to honor and disavow responsibility for it through a he-said-she-said argument. I don't have proof I didn't cancel it, but I SURE would not have shown up at the airport if I had known and I wouldn't have made the plans to see my family afterwards corresponding with the ticket!
Old Mar 29, 2017, 11:42 am
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
So, you booked via priceline on Jan 4 and just found on the void reservation on the day of departure. I think you'll need to provide some context on the timing of the following events.

When did the charge appear on your credit card
When did they send out the email about cancellation
Was there a refund on your credit card (and when)

If the above happened quickly following the Jan 4 date then I think you won't have much luck going after priceline/credit card company. However if you didn't get a refund yet then there's some ground for argument.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.