FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals-372/)
-   -   "Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2017 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals/1812048-good-deals-economy-class-excellent-fares-between-certain-city-pairs-2017-a.html)

Pat89339 Jan 1, 2017 4:44 am

"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2017

Happy New Year!

Time for the new thread. Information on prior threads found in wiki.

Pat89339 on behalf of the Mileage Run Moderator Team.

TrojanHorse Jan 1, 2017 6:11 am

So now that the big 3 legacy carriers are all on this $$$ for RDM and all have a minimum spend requirement for status...Mileage running for the sake of miles is becoming a thing of the past, are there (or should there be) a new threshold for what goes in this thread vs. what is a true MR that would have its own thread?

in other words now what goes in here and and what is its own thread for MR purposes isn't quite as clear as it used to be.

usuario Jan 1, 2017 8:03 am

HPN-ATL-UIO on DL for $333 round trip or $135 one way.
Availability is wide open. 6270 flight miles round trip.

danielm Jan 1, 2017 11:01 am

EY: ORD-DEL, $679. 4cpm.

rmannion Jan 1, 2017 11:37 am

I'm glad to see a 2017 version of this thread, but "Good Deals" in quotes always bugs me. It's not like it's innuendo... or is it?

tobegold Jan 1, 2017 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse (Post 27687733)
So now that the big 3 legacy carriers are all on this $$$ for RDM and all have a minimum spend requirement for status...Mileage running for the sake of miles is becoming a thing of the past, are there (or should there be) a new threshold for what goes in this thread vs. what is a true MR that would have its own thread?

in other words now what goes in here and and what is its own thread for MR purposes isn't quite as clear as it used to be.

As the thread says, this is for good deals and not necessarily good MR's. Not everyone is putting their miles to the US big 3.

Pat89339 Jan 1, 2017 2:04 pm

This thread is for Good Deals only. Discussions do not belong in this thread. There are several other threads in the Discusson subforum that bring up the topic of the big 3 US carriers and Mileage Runs. Please continue any similar discussions there, not this thread.

Thank you.

Pat89339, Moderator Mileage Run Forum

Pat89339 Jan 1, 2017 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by rmannion (Post 27688781)
I'm glad to see a 2017 version of this thread, but "Good Deals" in quotes always bugs me. It's not like it's innuendo... or is it?

It's been that way since 2010. I guess you'd have to ask the OP in that thread why there are quotes. The quotes carried over year to year.

Personally, I took it as a YMMV statement.

Let's get back to the topic of Good Deals!

shuom Jan 1, 2017 3:58 pm

F9, MSP - MCO for $90 in late Jan. You'll have to stay a few days.

You won't earn any miles and the seats are probably going to suck, but if the weather dips...

praiabrava Jan 1, 2017 4:24 pm

MIA to several cities in Europe, CDG, GVA, BCN, MAD, LIS, ZRH, under $500 round trip in Feb-May and October

Example, MIA-MAD in late Feb on AA, $421 round trip (4.76 cpm): https://goo.gl/flights/RUhe

beachmouse Jan 1, 2017 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by shuom (Post 27689760)
F9, MSP - MCO for $90 in late Jan. You'll have to stay a few days.

You won't earn any miles and the seats are probably going to suck, but if the weather dips...

Orlando's got the cheapest average hotel prices for any major US metro area, so if you just want a couple budget-friendly days by pool and palm trees, it could make sense.

daKav Jan 1, 2017 5:15 pm

LAX-LON Around 2/17 weekend.

$500 - Air NZ and Norwegian
$600ish - AA,BA

RooseveltL Jan 2, 2017 6:45 am

Originally Posted by beachmouse (Post 27689870)
Orlando's got the cheapest average hotel prices for any major US metro area, so if you just want a couple budget-friendly days by pool and palm trees, it could make sense.

While this statement has truth to it. Please remain observant of hotel/resort fees which can boost up that per/nt rate another 20%.

rabjoshu Jan 3, 2017 8:44 am

Boston - Gatwick $74 one way Jan-Mar with Norwegian.
a return flight would be $161
That's $235 for a Bos-Lgw return flight

Excludes meals, baggage etc.
Now that is a fantastic price for direct flights.

Cage Rattler Jan 3, 2017 11:44 am

CPT to LIS (return) in April with TAAG for around $295 (2.8 cpm). TAAG have a few specials at the moment.