Reload this Page >

DL: NYC-SYD under $1000

Old Dec 28, 2016, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL ✈️

(HT to TFD)

Great for vacationing, as it's 2 week min-stay. Great use for GUC also, as transcon is D1. Also available from PDX

Tons of availability on Google Flights, but you'll likely need to book via ITA + Script to get the best prices.

https://goo.gl/flights/uy2P JFK-LAX-SYD r/t @ $996 (5cpm)

GF is showing prices under $900 for some dates, but I can't get them to work on ITA yet.
4.8cpm via MEL

BTW, I don't know how many of you noticed Jet (9W) being now a 100% MQM partner.

Last edited by tomasdev; Dec 28, 2016 at 12:52 pm Reason: Added cpm
Old Dec 28, 2016, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tomasdev
.....Great for vacationing, as it's 2 week min-stay....
Great fare but awfully long min stay.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 7:23 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tomasdev
Great use for GUC also, as transcon is D1.
I was always under the impression that a GUC availability on LAX-SYD was pretty much impossible?
Old Dec 28, 2016, 7:56 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Youngmiler
I was always under the impression that a GUC availability on LAX-SYD was pretty much impossible?
it can clear at the gate.

i think the previous poster meant if it clears, its a good use because jfk/lax and lax/syd are both D1 flights so you get 2 D1 flights with 1 GUC
Old Dec 28, 2016, 8:33 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
i think the previous poster meant if it clears, its a good use because jfk/lax and lax/syd are both D1 flights so you get 2 D1 flights with 1 GUC
With my luck, the GUC would clear JFK-LAX and not LAX-SYD.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TerryK
Great fare but awfully long min stay.
There are also T fares with one-week min stay requirement for not much more ($1089).
Old Dec 29, 2016, 10:55 am

Programs: DL-DM (1.75MM), Bonvoy LifeTi, Hertz-PC
My wife and I became DMs last year. We take the hop across the lake twice a year and had heard of the lack of GUCs clearing for this segment.

However, on our first trip, 3 GUCs cleared (wife, daughter and I) well before our flight, and one (only one applied) for the return shortly after that.

Second flight, I was using my last GUC - cleared weeks out. Then I did a MR to get DM again and used two more GUCs on the return, only applied them about 3 weeks out, but cleared at the gate.

So we are 7/7 this year using GUCs for LAX<->SYD - just none at booking.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 7:39 pm

Programs: Show me the points!
False. I've cleared 4 times.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 4:40 am

Programs: cine
perfect!
Old Jan 5, 2017, 9:01 pm

Nice find! I hate to gamble in main cabin with a GUC not clearing at booking, but Comfort+ is only $1264. Might be a little more tolerable if GUC doesn't ever clear.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.